Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

zedprime posted:

Being obsessed with Star Wars means you're a virgin. Not being obsessed with Star Wars means you're a virgin. So the change is more like everybody has just stopped having sex.

People who post and/or watch ten hour long YouTube's about how the new Star Wars sucks rear end are the most obsessed of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's called "having trillions of dollars"

Also I'm the sex-having amount of Star Wars fan, precisely.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/fired4anime/status/1211793218590801920?s=19

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/marawilson/status/1212121893869744128?s=21

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/InertialObservr/status/1211755516680134660?s=19

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mara Wilson really is a Millennial shaman

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Wasn't she a child actor? The starring in movies thing didn't help?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mariahcarey/status/1212152784344272896?s=21

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

She worked with Robin Williams and Danny DeVito in their prime. She was blessed.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

as a treat

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/gregbrown/status/1212158955234975744

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Simple. Elegant.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

She's loving Matilda.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Eminem can have little a penis

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skwirl posted:

She's loving Matilda.

Well it's 2020 now, being gay is perfectly acceptable and we shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Crowetron posted:

At least in Beetlejuice, the titular ghost with the most is depicted as a reprehensible scumbag. Even with the presence of Jeffery Jones, it still holds up pretty well.

No one has ever been able to explain the cartoon, tho

I grew up watching that having never seen the movie

I finally saw it a couple years ago and went "who the gently caress thought this was a good idea for a children's show?!?"

like, even by 90s standards he was a real creep

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Alan Smithee posted:

I finally saw it a couple years ago and went "who the gently caress thought this was a good idea for a children's show?!?"

It was the 80s. They looked at lots of things and said "Yeah. Children's show right here.

https://youtu.be/vMWxa8PwJsA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1212413097123753984?s=21

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah there was a period where every movie you can think of had a Saturday morning cartoon counterpart, regardless of the child friendliness (or overall quality) of the source material. There was even a loving RoboCop cartoon at one point.

Some of them worked great for the medium, such as Ace Ventura, Ghostbusters, and The Mask. A few of them were bizarre choices though. Like why on earth did Free Willy need a cartoon series?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah there was a period where every movie you can think of had a Saturday morning cartoon counterpart, regardless of the child friendliness (or overall quality) of the source material. There was even a loving RoboCop cartoon at one point.

Some of them worked great for the medium, such as Ace Ventura, Ghostbusters, and The Mask. A few of them were bizarre choices though. Like why on earth did Free Willy need a cartoon series?

Starship Troopers is still the best example of this. At least with every other show, you could argue that enough kids (or any) watched the movie to justify making it a cartoon.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

That awful 1998 Godzilla movie even got a cartoon, and shockingly it was actually decent.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MizPiz posted:

Starship Troopers is still the best example of this. At least with every other show, you could argue that enough kids (or any) watched the movie to justify making it a cartoon.

The series based on Evolution is a good contender too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienators%3A_Evolution_Continues

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

It was the 80s. They looked at lots of things and said "Yeah. Children's show right here.

https://youtu.be/vMWxa8PwJsA

I’m shocked Hollywood was cool with a movie about a gross scumbag wanting to gently caress a pubescent teenage girl

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beetlejuice was rated PG and Beetlejuice says gently caress. Beetlejuice is a wild movie.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ah gently caress I did it three times.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
:perfect:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Untrustable posted:

Beetlejuice was rated PG and Beetlejuice says gently caress. Beetlejuice is a wild movie.

Was it before PG-13 existed? Goonies is PG and in the first 15 minutes there’s a fake suicide, Mouth talks about drugs and sexual torture, and they make jokes about pissing in each other’s faces lol

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Logan's Run was rated PG and had a super naked orgy scene.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Was it before PG-13 existed? Goonies is PG and in the first 15 minutes there’s a fake suicide, Mouth talks about drugs and sexual torture, and they make jokes about pissing in each other’s faces lol

Nope. The PG-13 rating was adopted in 1984 but Beeteljuice came out in 1988.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1212452026984140804?s=21

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm fairly certain the original drafts of the Beetlejuice screenplay are extremely not okay.

Same with the Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood relationship before it got modified just enough for most to gloss over what they are talking about.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

dialhforhero posted:

I'm fairly certain the original drafts of the Beetlejuice screenplay are extremely not okay.

Same with the Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood relationship before it got modified just enough for most to gloss over what they are talking about.

Marion gives him a solid right cross to the jaw, says "I learned to hate you in the last ten years."

I: I never meant to hurt you.

M: I was a child! I was in love! It was wrong and you knew it!

I: You knew what you were doing.

M: Now I do! This is my place. Get out! [talks to bouncer]

I: I did what I did, you don't have to be happy about it, but maybe we could help each other out now.

and then he's just right back to "hey so your dad had a thing i need, k?"

_

turns out all the Indiana Jones movies are on Netflix now so I could just go check the scene for a transcription of Indiana Jones being unrepentant

stringless has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jan 1, 2020

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Alan Smithee posted:

I loved the Beetlejuice cartoon when I was ~7 or 8, so naturally a friend and I decided to watch the movie. In the first scene, Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin die by drowning in their car. It did not get more child-friendly from there on out.

Mak0rz posted:

And sometimes it's backwards, like with Casper. The movie where a priest's neck is snapped so his head faces backwards, the villain dies by falling off a cliff while chasing Eric Idle with an axe, and the kid's dad dies and comes back as an rear end in a top hat ghost that mocks his now-orphaned daughter. Oh, and Casper sadly explains his death from pneumonia because he stayed out too late sledding (??).

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

dialhforhero posted:

That transcript of the story meeting that surfaced a year or two ago where Lucas, Spielberg and Kasdan discuss exactly how underage and how much of a slut she should have been when they had their affair :yikes:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

She made an early transition from child star to regular schlub like the rest of us, on purpose and apparently rather successfully, so she had to start rebuilding her coolness from square one.

Also coolness is a treadmill and you have to keep running just to stay in the same place. But you must not look like you’re running, because that’s uncool.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/mikenelson586/status/1212350278860726273?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

That awful 1998 Godzilla movie even got a cartoon, and shockingly it was actually decent.
Same people that did the decent MiB cartoon. Turns out the Ghostbusters model is exceptionally effective for Saturday Morning Cartoon fodder.

Hell, the Ghostbusters cartoon is the entire reason that late Gen-X and early Millennials think Ghostbusters was a much bigger, epic, lore-based franchise than it ever actually was in the cinema and why the rest of the world was confused af when the 2016 remake treated the whole thing like the SNL spinoff project the original 84 movie was, and why the latest sequel trailer is 100% bereft of comedy.