Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
I play on both PC and mobile. I really hope they bring Payload mode to PC someday. Lots of explosives and helicopters and APCs etc. Makes for an interesting game. Smoke becomes a liability instead of an aid, as enemies will just lob explosives into the smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why can’t I play PUBG Lite in NA?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Day one of Pubg PGC Grand Finals first match was loving nuts.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jiro posted:

Day one of Pubg PGC Grand Finals first match was loving nuts.

That was a sick double shift of the circle, down to mili and then back up north.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

That was a sick double shift of the circle, down to mili and then back up north.

So many teams got completely hosed. Felt so good cause that happens to me quite often.

Final Day has started. https://www.twitch.tv/playbattlegrounds

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I've been watching some of this and it's actually not terrible to watch. The spectator/broadcaster view is pretty neat. Just watched a solo win a 2v1 final circle using the old "hide in the grass" technique. It's also kind of interesting to what pros prioritize in these games.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Has anyone found a spike trap yet? I've played ~10 games on the new patch on Erangel and not seen a single one.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Found and used 2 to no effect. Seems neat in theory though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Haven't seen one and didn't even know they were a thing until someone mentioned yesterday that they hadn't found one. Seems pretty rare and like it'll be mostly useful on hard shift circles and bridge camps.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
We found one and put it on the bridge. My buddy stood in the middle of the bridge right in front of it for bait, they ran him over and we killed the guy. It was actually amazing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Imagine making bridge camping even worse...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've found 5 of them so far in mostly duos/squads, 4 of them were on the relatively useless-for-vehicles Sanhok. I left all of them in the middle of a bridge and then continued on to try and win the game when no one showed up in ~30 seconds or so to trip over my banana peel.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So they tweaked the sound again? Stuff is far louder than it used to be, as far as I can tell.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

I play on both PC and mobile. I really hope they bring Payload mode to PC someday. Lots of explosives and helicopters and APCs etc. Makes for an interesting game. Smoke becomes a liability instead of an aid, as enemies will just lob explosives into the smoke.

I pretty much play Mobile exclusively because it’s more fun to me than PC, and Payload is way more fun than I ever thought it could be. If you ever feel like playing with another goon, add BEARFKR to your friends. I may not be able to talk because I usually play at night and don’t want to wake up my wife and such.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I pretty much play Mobile exclusively because it’s more fun to me than PC, and Payload is way more fun than I ever thought it could be. If you ever feel like playing with another goon, add BEARFKR to your friends. I may not be able to talk because I usually play at night and don’t want to wake up my wife and such.

Friend request sent!

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
The spike strips seem very rare and so do the situations you can use them practically. As a result it doesn't influence gameplay. Solid addition to game.

They are also very short and visible so you can't actually cover a patch of road in any meaningful way.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Mat posted:

The spike strips seem very rare and so do the situations you can use them practically. As a result it doesn't influence gameplay. Solid addition to game.

They are also very short and visible so you can't actually cover a patch of road in any meaningful way.

Apparently you can deploy them out of the window of a car, so you might be able to use them for Max Max shenanigans.

though you can also just shoot them

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

tossing a spike strip out of a car will 100% result in you blowing out all the tires in your car

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Salean posted:

tossing a spike strip out of a car will 100% result in you blowing out all the tires in your car

This is awesome and I will have to test it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

So it's a very efficient exciting way to brake? Excellent

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

In case anyone left still playing this game was wondering,

https://forums.pubg.com/topic/395694-na-servers-moved-back-to-east-coast/

packet loss has been majorly hosed and servers were moved to Virginia back on the 12th of December.

Why does this game make it so hard to like it. :(

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Blue hole is a poo poo tier game dev shop who got majorly lucky with pubg.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Game is still fun, and chicken dinners aplenty with goons!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Me and BCRock had a 17-kill dinner on the 31st (he picked up the "14" end of it in one of the best duo games we've ever played and I had a key kill to rescue him midway through the game) to finish the decade. And neither of us succeeded in properly streaming the f'n thing. Doh!!

We also ran into some goons and killed them in one of the games. Sorry goons.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Never be sorry for killing goons.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cheaters still suck
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistSpikySrirachaNononoCat

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Had someone banned from our game the other night, popped up in kill feed as "Player XX has been removed from game for use of unauthorized program.

Then in the final circle of that game there was another strange incident: it was 1 on 1 and the final enemy showed up in the kill feed with a similar message "Player XX was removed from the game" which is a slightly different but still similar message and also an anticlimactic way to win a game.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I think I've seen the "removed from game" message a couple times, but once for sure - never had it result in a dinner (bluezone dinners are pretty funny though)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The gliders are being added to Miramar and Erangel tonight (no down time) and a new map is being introduced for the next season. Vikendi may be out of the rotation as well.

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/1217144576303140865

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Never tried out the gliders during the lab so I'm excited for them to be added to live

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Never tried out the gliders during the lab so I'm excited for them to be added to live

You'll have to find like 3 gas tanks first :v:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Is this turning into ROE?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I don't really want more maps when I can't even play on the ones I specifically want to.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Vikendi is for sure getting removed from current season rotation.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Hopefully they add the mp5 to another map. It's probably too strong to have on every map but not being able to use it at all would suck.

What is a glider? Im imagining a wing suit item but not really sure.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The gliders are being added to Miramar and Erangel tonight (no down time) and a new map is being introduced for the next season. Vikendi may be out of the rotation as well.

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/1217144576303140865

Uuuggggghhhhhh I don't want slow rear end poo poo that can kill me easily I want maps to not be loving lag and stuttering fests. I want Miramar to get a visual update that you put into Erangel, and I actually enjoy Vikendi! But it's unplayable because of goddamn stuttering and lag.

Has there been any word on with the server situations on NA? Please remove Sanhok forever k thx.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Given I'm forced to play solo FPP on SEA, the last 20 maps it feels like is all Sanhok.

It's depressing.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Things the community wanted:

-Visual update to Miramar, maybe shrink it to 7x7, dynamic bluezones, more scopes/AR/DMRs
-Better performing servers
-No noise on night time Vikendi, take away lvl3 helmet on Vikendi
-Fix OP nades

Things we got:

Glider with no gas, maybe a 2x2 map, bullet penetration? air strikes? Shittier servers?

And I still play this great game all the drat time.

EDIT:

https://www.pubg.com/2020/01/14/update-6-1/

We did get a 2x2 - 64 player map lmao

lmao they literally did nothing but add a map (that nobody wanted) and a new season with new skins for money. Incredible dev team.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 15, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Things the community wanted:

-Visual update to Miramar, maybe shrink it to 7x7, dynamic bluezones, more scopes/AR/DMRs
-Better performing servers
-No noise on night time Vikendi, take away lvl3 helmet on Vikendi
-Fix OP nades

Things we got:

Glider with no gas, maybe a 2x2 map, bullet penetration? air strikes? Shittier servers?

And I still play this great game all the drat time.

EDIT:

https://www.pubg.com/2020/01/14/update-6-1/

We did get a 2x2 - 64 player map lmao

lmao they literally did nothing but add a map (that nobody wanted) and a new season with new skins for money. Incredible dev team.

No see they're going to do a bigger update to vikendi than they've ever done, that's what you guys wanted, right? Right? Please don't leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Destructible buildings are cool and hopefully they move the black zone to the other maps