Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
By the way, they slipped in Tamamo's new animations, and they're a treat! :kimchi:

I love how she gets completely different animations depending on the battle sprite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

My GSSR roll got me NP2 Merlin, NP2 Penth and Chiyome. Then did a ten-roll on the New Year banner on a whim and got Hokusai.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I got Kiara :effort:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MHX from the GSSR (to NP2, not the best possible result but I like her so I am happy) and somehow NP3 Hokusai from 150 quartz and 15 tickets so I guess that will do. Time to save until Skadi and farm a few hundred million QP in the meanwhile. :toot:

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Da Vinci, Waver, and NP3 Yan Qing from the GSSR. 18 tickets and 60 quartz got me nothing from Hokusai's banner, though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
End of prologue spoilers: It's weird that they don't change the shop at this point, especially since they did change it during the prologue; I was hoping we'd finally be rid of those endless Da Vinci voice samples. Presumably it'll change at some point around the start of LB1?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
450 quartz and 70 tickets later no Hokusai or 5* Servant. Looks like trying to get Skadi and BB this summer is going to be rough.

My haul ended up being Bonny and Mary, Lobo, NP3 Fran, NP3 Ibaraki, NP2 Stheno, NP2 Helena, my 6th Kaleidoscope, and MLB 5* New Years CE. And for some reason, got enough 4* Kirei CE's for 2 MLBs. It's like some next level Mapo Tofu trolling.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I randomly threw 60 SQ at Hokusai banner, pretty much just for her pretty animations, because I had absolutely no Arts support, but gacha decided that will not do. And so, I got Tamamo with first 10 roll and Hokusai with second. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Whats a good CE for Hokusai? I didn't get to MLB this new year one so besides that one of the generic +50% gauge ones?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The last ticket I could get gave me Hokusai, which....wow.

I rolled on the 3 knights banner and got.............sherlock????? Never complaining, but it was a bit of a swerve.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Expect the new OP within the next week or so. I'd have it up by now but I'm spending new years with my GG and BBTAG locals friends so I had less time to finish it up than I wanted.

It's big though, probably bigger than it should be

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I blew threw my remaining 120 quartz because, what the hell why not? I ended up with an NP2 Astolfo and a brand new Nightingale. Today has been a lucky day!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I got Guifei and Murasaki for my GSSR

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

GSSR got me an NP2 Altria. Kind of was hoping for a new Saber with a Single Target NP, but I use her a lot so I can't complain too much. Besides, I hear she's going to get a nice Rank Up in the future.

120 SQ thrown at the Hokusai banner gave me all of one 4* servant, Yan Qing. Didn't have him before so that's neat, but I think he'll mostly be warming the bench.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

GSSR got me Ishtar, NP2 even. Gameplay-wise, I was hoping for any Saber/Ruler/Avenger, but I guess I can't complain. Now to figure out how balance my SQ between Musashi, Tamamo-no-Mae, and later Jalter.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Terper posted:

I shall be Your Friend

THERE'S NOT A SINGLE FLAW ON HIM NOW

DenjinKenshin
Feb 25, 2014
GSSR got me Vlad and Shuten, who I already have. Yet I managed to get Hokusai relatively easily. The gacha...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Had two tickets, 60 free SQ from login bonuses, threw it all into the Hokusai banner, nada. Oh well, it happens. :shobon:

Oh, right, new month, grabbed my 5 monthly tickets plus the 10 New Years tickets from the shop.

Started throwing those into the banner, got Hokusai on the 12th ticket. :toot:

Also, despite being awash in spoilers for upcoming stuff, the game's writing still managed to sucker punch me in the feels and make me cry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pierson posted:

Whats a good CE for Hokusai? I didn't get to MLB this new year one so besides that one of the generic +50% gauge ones?

Dive to Blue is good and doesn't require leveling, generalist picks like HNS/Sumo are good as always, Black Grail

for solo setups with CasGil buffs HNS is probably the better generic since she'll likely be critting, Another Ending fits in that same use case.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oh come on Olga is dead and we have to save this rear end in a top hat?

Let me make clear that I have no problems with the latter, whipping* him into a decent human being is bound to be entertaining.
But if we don't fix the former the instant we have access to rayshift again there shall be words.

*Literally for those of you that summoned Medb.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Holmes is a man of adventure, after all. And we are Gudas of adventure too. :getin:

Hokusai didn't show up, but in something like 120 quartz and tickets I got NP3 Emiya and Herc, NP2 Saberlot and Nito, Wu Zetian, Lancer Vlad and friggin' Ozymandias so I'm counting it as a win.

EDIT: Mito Jaguar-mon :haw:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Omobono posted:

Oh come on Olga is dead and we have to save this rear end in a top hat?

Let me make clear that I have no problems with the latter, whipping* him into a decent human being is bound to be entertaining.
But if we don't fix the former the instant we have access to rayshift again there shall be words.

*Literally for those of you that summoned Medb.

Yeah, not gonna lie, I was completely ok with just leaving him. Especially after we saved him and he went right back to being a douche.
Like, motherfucker, I'm risking Mash's physical well-being for this assclown?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Well I mean he did start the first steps to becoming a decent person in apocrypha after everything he has ever known was thrown into question.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ryoga posted:

Well I mean he did start the first steps to becoming a decent person in apocrypha after everything he has ever known was thrown into question.

You're thinking of his father, Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mash has been/is in a pretty boring type of arc so i'm glad there's at least someone in nu-Chaldea who is going to be lively and interesting

it's also nice for the prologue to just be a cool adventure with my Chaldea friends, who had previously been mostly infodump annoyances for the entirety of 2019.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Trial Quest for Hokusai was pretty fun, and gives us some more cryptic hints as to the rue nature of Not-Randolph Carter.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
GSSR got me my first Iskandar and Circe. Both of them sparked from silver cards surprisingly. Also got a second Volumen and third Formalcraft.
Threw 90 SQ at the Hokusai banner and got nothing. Kinda wanna toss some more once the other limited time SSRs rotate in, but otherwise I gotta start saving. The Skadipocalypse hits in late June right?

NRVNQSR posted:

End of prologue spoilers: It's weird that they don't change the shop at this point, especially since they did change it during the prologue; I was hoping we'd finally be rid of those endless Da Vinci voice samples. Presumably it'll change at some point around the start of LB1?
My understanding from seeing stuff in videos is that the entire interface for most of the menu options changes come April, or at least everything that had the Chaldea "branding".

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

NRVNQSR posted:

You're thinking of his father, Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia.

Right, in that case this little poo poo can't even benefit us with ace knowledge of homunculus biology... why did we save him?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Dimensional travel... Antarctica... funky ATV...
Okay, where are the Hee-Hos?

Ryoga posted:

Right, in that case this little poo poo can't even benefit us with ace knowledge of homunculus biology... why did we save him?

We now have a sweet ride and he is Musik the Phoenix.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Ryoga posted:

Because he reminded Mash and protagonist of the last spoiled rich idiot with an inferiority complex who was blindly fumbling toward relevance via the organization of Chaldea, who they still feel guilty about being unable to save

Basically, it'd be like if Spider-Man found out someone's Uncle Sven was going to get murdered

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 1, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And also theyd kind of be hypocrites if they didnt save him, not like they kept just the good people from being incinerated when they beat solomon

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also he specifically reminded them of olga

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Threw another 30SQ at the Hokusai banner and uh, welp:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So what do I get for starting today? Also rolling Heracles for my first pull is good yeah?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So what do I get for starting today? Also rolling Heracles for my first pull is good yeah?

Herc is a solid pull, yes. He will help you through some hard times.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He's the strongest in the world.
More seriously, as a berserker he'll get reduced to 0 hp by a stiff breeze and he'll need serious support (your friend's Zhuge Liang or Merlin are perfect for the role).

What he has, though, is really good stats for his rarity, a decent set of skills and what is probably the best bond CE in the game.
Namely: his second skill is a one turn evasion, meaning that he takes no damage for a turn (barring the rare sure hit enemies).
His third skill is guts. After activation, the first time he's reduced to 0 hp he'll stay standing with minimal health instead.
His bond CE gives him 3 stacks of guts, for even more staying power.

All in all, he has 5 turns (or more with help from Gudako's mystic codes) of simply saying "nope" to enemies trying to kill him. Meanwhile he's a berserker with a triple buster deck. That's a lot of damage. That's "I can solo the final boss of part 1 and all his 1.5 million HP before he kills me" damage.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 1, 2020

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still have yet to befriend Hercules, but I still love my 2 starters Martha and Sethno.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You get a bunch of extra SQ you wouldn't otherwise get. Also Heracles is a fantastic roll, nice work!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a question about the Quetzalcoatl review. You said she was story locked but despite having only reached Camelot I was able to get her with one of the 5 star banners. Do the ensured 5* banners work differently or is there something else I am missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Hunt11 posted:

I have a question about the Quetzalcoatl review. You said she was story locked but despite having only reached Camelot I was able to get her with one of the 5 star banners. Do the ensured 5* banners work differently or is there something else I am missing?

rate up banners are effectively their own thing. No matter where you are in the story, you can roll on them. However, you can only pull Quetzalcoatl from the "story" banner once you've finished Babylonia.

this barely matters, because it's almost never a good idea to actually pull on the story banner which never gets rate ups