Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

I recommend Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, Breath of the Wild, and Steamworld Heist as Super Quality AAA+++ games on the switch.

I'm gonna get ya for listing all those great pc games!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I recommend Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, Breath of the Wild, and Steamworld Heist as Super Quality AAA+++ games on the switch.

Untitled Goose Game, Katamari Demaci Reroll

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Celeste. Stardew Valley. Shovel Knight collection.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Cavauro posted:

I'm gonna get ya for listing all those great pc games!!!

I read that modifier wrong; my B homeslice.

Mario V. Rabbids is good!?

Idk man everything is better when you can snuggle up and play it in bed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

starting to lean back toward getting the monitor

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
these are the nintendo games you should buy: mario kart, zelda breast of the wild. you could also buy a small fish tank and buy some nice fish. or you could buy a small lizard like an anole and keep it in a tank.

mario abe's offyzee was good, but you said no, and the game that i play the most on my switch is Binding of Isaac but you said no PC games. smash brothers is only good if you have friends in real life and you're 15 years old again.

i forgot about mario maker 2. that is the third good game

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 1, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seaman, Sonic Adventure, Samba De Amigo, Crazy Taxi, Chu Chu Rocket, WWF War, Shenmue

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

You should buy some Masterpiece Transformers. They’re expensive and impractical!

2019 was a long salad poo poo of a year friends. Yes, it’s a good thing you ate all that salad, but goddamn it leaves a lot of poo poo behind. Every month—not an exaggeration—we had to pay for some kind of major urgent repair to the house, culminating in the last three months being a complete reinstallation of our HVAC system.

So look, 2020? Let’s be friends okay!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

2020 already got off to a great start because New Year's Day is a Wednesday, my Judas.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't worry because i already own mario oedipus

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've been playing Hades so much lately, never played a game like it before and it just hits all my right spots.

Also what the gently caress is going on with Lowtax?
https://twitter.com/sn0oie/status/1212226082235207682

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't knowtax

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Happy New Year my Rowdy friends :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc69ZnDJWfc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If I’m not on this place much longer, sorry. It wasn’t RR’s fault

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I spent the beginning of my New Years Day Morning watching even more Sammy Guevara vlogs :swoon:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Might have had a heart attack. Chest pains similar to Christmas. Stone sober.

In ER Waiting.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Might have had a heart attack. Chest pains similar to Christmas. Stone sober.

In ER Waiting.

Hang in there! I am praying for you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I started 2020 off by watching "It's Such A Beautiful Day" by don hertzfeldt or something like that. blown away.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Artelier posted:

Hang in there! I am praying for you.

Was heart palpitations. Hospital Said that my heart and bloodwork came back clean so it's not an immediate threat. (No abnormalities in my heart.)

Was advised to restrict caffeine and other stimulants.

Gonna sleep while watching JJSB1, haven't seen it yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Me and my boys used to draw Don Hertzfield Rejected characters on our worksheets in high school so it makes me happy that his new movies are objectively extremely good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Was heart palpitations. Hospital Said that my heart and bloodwork came back clean so it's not an immediate threat. (No abnormalities in my heart.)

hell yeah. restricting caffeine is cool. believe it or not...u will gain energy once your bod is used to it. you aint gonna die yet bitch. glad the news was good, relatively

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

heart palpitations loving suck. i’ve had them on and off for a few years. you do kinda get less alarmed by them though, at least.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Nicotine withdrawal is amazing. I’ve broken so much poo poo.

I think this is attempt 12 of quitting smoking. So far I’m dealing with it better than the hypnotist attempt.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

goonspeed my friend. i quit smoking about 12 years ago and im glad i did. used to still have an occasional one while drinking but don’t have any smoker friends anymore so that’s not a problem anymore either

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

I think this is attempt 12 of quitting smoking. So far I’m dealing with it better than the hypnotist attempt.

I switched to a juul and it’s really helped me taper off.
with a cigarette I was compelled to finish the entire thing, now I can just take a puff of vape and go about my day. the options of having 5% or 3% nicotine has also been very helpful.

...it was kind of horrifying when I got my sense of smell back; most of my friends are heavy smokers and my god it reeks it reeks so bad. so that at least is great motivation!

that said, I’m still fussy about being on a plane for 10 hours and not being able to smoke (treated myself to a trip to Tokyo for Wrestle Kingdom I mean to eat all the street food I can handle.

taiyaki oh my god hrrrrngh

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the escape goat posted:

I switched to a juul and it’s really helped me taper off.
with a cigarette I was compelled to finish the entire thing, now I can just take a puff of vape and go about my day. the options of having 5% or 3% nicotine has also been very helpful.

...it was kind of horrifying when I got my sense of smell back; most of my friends are heavy smokers and my god it reeks it reeks so bad. so that at least is great motivation!

that said, I’m still fussy about being on a plane for 10 hours and not being able to smoke (treated myself to a trip to Tokyo for Wrestle Kingdom I mean to eat all the street food I can handle.

That's a hell of a fuckin treat

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

If I’m not on this place much longer, sorry. It wasn’t RR’s fault

Hope you are alright friend

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I start every year by going vegetarian/vegan as long as I can. This year is going to be a problem. LA has so many delicious veggie restaurants, this one is going to last a while.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

I found a little food street market doing Takoyaki a year or two back and was chatting to the guy about how I hadn't ever tried it before going to Japan and loved it so much. He was all excited chatting about it till I said I had it in Tokyo, and his eyes narrowed and he told me,"Well this is Osaka style it's much better :colbert:" :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That's a hell of a fuckin treat

my year is peaking within the first week and I can live with that

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

coconono posted:

Comedian Paul F Tompkins swears by “The East Way To Stop Smoking” by Allen Carr if that is helpful.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

I started 2020 off by watching "It's Such A Beautiful Day" by don hertzfeldt or something like that. blown away.

Hey, just want to say this don hertzfeldt piece is so loving good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah, i'm gonna seek out world of tomorrow and watch it in the next few days.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tooday was grampy's funeral and everyone did a good job

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started off 2020 by sitting by a pool and forgetting about both Bellator & Rizin doing a year end event in Japan and then reading the results only to laugh hard at Bellator.

Also finished a christmas book my brother got me on Jigoro Kano which was a fascinating read.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Magic posted:

I'm playing The Witcher 3 on the Switch and it's pretty decent for such a big game being put onto a tiny screen.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
rest well, grampy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

I'm playing The Witcher 3 on the Switch and it's pretty decent for such a big game being put onto a tiny screen.

It blows my mind that game is on the Switch, did Nintendo censor it at all? (blood, nudity, swearing etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
When you get to Novigrad Dandelion tells you the princess you’re looking for is in another castle