Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Going to live forever on a Peter Pan island where everyone greets each other with 'cowabunga, dude'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Going to live forever on a Peter Pan island where everyone greets each other with 'cowabunga, dude'.

I'm the allimagator.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Last Chance posted:

uhh ~2004 would be tthe wrong decade. that's not the 2010s

braces kid is as old as rib kid

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

snergle posted:

Liza is forever 10. Outside of those episodes where they show the future and she's unhappily married to Milhouse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
m

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm just glad that both of the inbred mutant cats that became memes died so they no longer have to suffer to make money for their awful breeder owners.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I'm just glad that both of the inbred mutant cats that became memes died so they no longer have to suffer to make money for their awful breeder owners.

Lol, breeders are tirelessly working on producing more and more hosed-up cats to support meme economy.

E: remember this cat?

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Jan 2, 2020

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*trying to get a waterhead two-legged siamese cat to gently caress a Scottish fold that was born inside out*

WE NEED OUR FACES ON A REDDIT BRANDED ENERGY DRINK, YOU SON OF A BITCH

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

snergle posted:

the rib kid not being in this sucks

Do we have a recent picture of ribkid for the second half though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Do we have a recent picture of ribkid for the second half though

No cameras in prison :(

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

*trying to get a waterhead two-legged siamese cat to gently caress a Scottish fold that was born inside out*

WE NEED OUR FACES ON A REDDIT BRANDED ENERGY DRINK, YOU SON OF A BITCH

There's an early bit in Accelerando where a shopping mall is decked out in dead elves because the AI driving its marketing determined that combining war crimes and christmas would move product like hell

I thought that was stupid as gently caress when I read it and now I think it wasn't going far enough

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

snergle posted:

maybe like their same ages in the photos? idk. but the braces kid was a popular 2012 meme according to knowyourmemes.com

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can trust those guys. They really know their memes.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

bike tory posted:

Wind turbine blades are made from fibreglass.

:effort:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

:hmmyes:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Last Chance posted:

maybe like their same ages in the photos? idk. but the braces kid was a popular 2012 meme according to knowyourmemes.com

no as in i saw them in memes around the same time. and rib kid is a hero who murdered a lovely ceo. rib kid 2020 write it in.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I was wondering why this page took so long to load

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

E: remember this cat?

I can't read swedish

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can't read swedish

lol why not?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can't read swedish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SrIggv_Jbo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

lol why not?

American education system :saddowns:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

American education system :saddowns:

Without Sweden you wouldn't even have houses lmao.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

I had one if those. :corsair:

It was terrible, but better than what it replaced:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
what up mid-80s tape drive buddy

I had this set up and I remember typing out video games from the back of magazines and recording them off the radio

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

:discourse:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Memento posted:

I had this set up and I remember typing out video games from the back of magazines and recording them off the radio

That owns. Quick search wasn't bringing anything up, but I'd love to learn more.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NewFatMike posted:

That owns. Quick search wasn't bringing anything up, but I'd love to learn more.

It was a Commodore Plus/4, released around 1984. It was advertised as having four productivity applications pre-installed on ROM, word processing, database, spreadsheets and a graphic program. We didn't have many games for it, I remember reading something about how they tried to make it a dedicated productivity computer, and as such it was hard to develop for. We replaced it with a Tandy 1000 series in the late 80s which was absolute PC gaming heaven.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

They sold books with games in them. One typed the lines of code in and then saved them to cassette tape. Then you could run the game off the tape. I was doing that at about 5. It was a brief window before we got our first ibm computable pc. That one cost more than the trailer we lived in and more than I’ve spent on all the computers I’ve ever bought. I remember it coming down the conveyor belt at Sears.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Paladinus posted:

it's actually called little saint james island

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Code Jockey posted:

:hmmyes:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Memento posted:

Can you talk more about the recording from radio part?? Was that a UK thing? I had a tape drive on my Commodore VIC-20 as a kid, but definitely never sourced any software that way

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You wouldn't write down a car off the radio.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

im gonna take a second to plug the XCOM Enemy Unknown LP by Speedball

it is truly excellent

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snackmar posted:

Can you talk more about the recording from radio part?? Was that a UK thing? I had a tape drive on my Commodore VIC-20 as a kid, but definitely never sourced any software that way

Australia, and it was really only a couple of times. It never became as established here but the UK and Europe had a decent amount of it in the 80s.

How People Used to Download Games From The Radio

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Memento posted:

i got books of type-up listings from the library

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I'm so happy there's xcom memes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zetsubou-san posted:

i got books of type-up listings from the library

Haha same here, and lol making my poor dad type pages and pages of C64 BASIC so I could spend 10 mins playing a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004