Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Grand Fromage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cKNiVtfoSQ

And yes, that "bacon" and "ham" is as gross as it looks. I guarantee the tomato sauce is basically ketchup.
What's wrong with the bacon? It looks completely normal to me.

Randaconda posted:

posting because of the incredibly over-cooked steak
:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's definitely on the wronger side of rarity for me but I've seen steak cooked grey the whole way through so I wouldn't complain too much

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's a very serviceable medium. I like my steak blue but that's still perfectly fine.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

What's wrong with the bacon? It looks completely normal to me.

:confused:

Aren't you from Australia? It looks like that lovely picnic bacon. There's no eye bit?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, that ham is just really lovely peperoni.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

McSpergin posted:

Aren't you from Australia? It looks like that lovely picnic bacon. There's no eye bit?
I am, but I have never heard of picnic bacon before. I looked it up on the Woolworths site and it just looks like bacon?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I am, but I have never heard of picnic bacon before. I looked it up on the Woolworths site and it just looks like bacon?

I don't know what bacon you're buying but I've always considered this as proper bacon

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love corned beef, but it's pretty solidly on the list of foods that taste great but just look kinda gross.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

McSpergin posted:

I don't know what bacon you're buying but I've always considered this as proper bacon

I most often get short cut. But I still didn't see anything wrong with the bacon they used in that video.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

is there even sauce on this

weren't most of these posts made by chuds who had been disowned by their families and were sad their toxicity got them ostracized

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

razorrozar posted:

weren't most of these posts made by chuds who had been disowned by their families and were sad their toxicity got them ostracized

:shrug:

but lol if you're such a chud you can't go to Christmas dinner

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

razorrozar posted:

is there even sauce on this

Isn't the brown stuff barbecue sauce?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

Isn't the brown stuff barbecue sauce?

i regret asking the question

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be fine without all that drat pineapple ruining it

Canada has a lot to answer for

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda posted:

it would be fine without all that drat pineapple ruining it

Canada has a lot to answer for

We do it to try and destroy the US.

It's for everyones good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tashilicious posted:

We do it to try and destroy the US.

It's for everyones good.

We're taking you with us :colbert:

And renaming Quebec as North Louisiana

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda posted:

You'll all have heart attacks from the cold

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trying to warm the planet so are invading troops can fight in a temperature they're used to, a balmy 110 f

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Randaconda posted:

As a lifelong resident of southern Louisiana, I don't think you want that moniker. North Louisiana is basically east Texas/south Arkansas/west Mississippi, with all of the cultural garbage baggage that carries. I think North Acadiana would be a better term.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mushika posted:

As a lifelong resident of southern Louisiana, I don't think you want that moniker. North Louisiana is basically east Texas/south Arkansas/west Mississippi, with all of the cultural garbage baggage that carries. I think North Acadiana would be a better term.

:hmmyes:

Louisiana 2: Cajun Boogaloo

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Randaconda posted:

:hmmyes:

Louisiana 2: Cajun Boogaloo

Don't forget Creole. Arguably more important.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mushika posted:

Don't forget Creole. Arguably more important.

Creojun

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Now that's just a war crime.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

No, people don’t drink milk and coke. It’s a science experiment to show that it curdles and turns clear.

Now, wine and coke on the other hand... :yum:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

I love corned beef, but it's pretty solidly on the list of foods that taste great but just look kinda gross.

m'recipe

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:tipshat:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pineapple on bbq pizza is good. The problem there is that it's burnt af

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

That's probably (far too much) sour cream and a splash of green hot sauce, but my mind can't stop seeing it as Cool Whip and kiwi puree.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Red wine and Coke is delicious. So is sherry and Sprite. I have to stop thinking of them as strictly warm-weather drinks so I can get down to drinking them now, too.

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Jan 2, 2020

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/genesimmons/status/1212577821140369409?s=21

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Nifty. That tallies with the recipe in my 1936 book, but yours is more specific on spices. Would you be willing to share what book yours is from?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TofuDiva posted:

Nifty. That tallies with the recipe in my 1936 book, but yours is more specific on spices. Would you be willing to share what book yours is from?

Sure, it's the 1968 edition of "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices". It's a strange, delightful book.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

McSpergin posted:

That's not bacon, those are weiners.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sure, it's the 1968 edition of "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices". It's a strange, delightful book.

What, you mean that's not like a Harvard Lampoon cookbook parody or something?

That is certainly not an etymology of "corned" that I'm familiar with

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Data Graham posted:

What, you mean that's not like a Harvard Lampoon cookbook parody or something?

That is certainly not an etymology of "corned" that I'm familiar with

It is completely in earnest, but the author is certainly given to some wild claims:

a word of warning about mayonnaise:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ziv Zulander posted:

No, people don’t drink milk and coke. It’s a science experiment to show that it curdles and turns clear.

Laverne of Laverne & Shirley would disagree. (although her jam was milk and Pepsi)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Pastry of the Year posted:

Thanks! Sounds like one I need to have :tipshat:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Ziv Zulander posted:

10ish years ago my girlfriend at the time left me for the guy she was cheating on me with. Red wine mixed with Diet Coke was his favorite drink.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Null of Undefined posted:

10ish years ago my girlfriend at the time left me for the guy she was cheating on me with. Red wine mixed with Diet Coke was his favorite drink.

Was he from Barcelona?

Apparently I am stupid and it’s actually a Basque drink, not a Catalan drink.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

top ten posters itt posted:

Randaconda 1775
Sandwich Anarchist 1476
Iron Crowned 1297
Picnic Princess 1251
The Bloop 1170