Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Does anyone have a mod (or console commands) for Special Edtition that makes you a vampire lord without having to go through the dawnguard quest line? I am especially looking for ones that work with vampire revamp mods especially Sacrosanct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
What's the general consensus on Legacy of Dragonborn?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Easily the best DLC-style mod project

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I liked Legacy better when it was less ambitious in scope.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Here's a mod that turns the courier into a giant spider, because why not?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

had my fingers crossed this was an accidental new vegas post

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Your mail will now be delivered by a super fast Frostbite Spider. I gave the spider 500% speed so you can't escape."

"It didn't seem to late to snatch up mod of the decade."

:allears:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxMltkrQbQ

this rules

timn
Mar 16, 2010
That's the most absurdly passive aggressive jump scare ever devised and I love it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
It's been the better part of a year since my last mod trip. What was the consensus on Vokrii as compared to Ordinator? Like I get the idea, that it's more of a Vanilla+ experience, but wondered if it seemed less overpowered. I really enjoyed some of the spells in Forgotten Magic Redone, but I think I'm just going to cut it because it's kinda too good and it's all the magic I end up using.

Speaking of difficulty, I still have Morrowloot running which parts of I like, but it seems like it's always finicky to get it in the right spot in the load order with the right tweaks and patches to make sure it's working properly. Seems hard to find good difficulty increasing mods (for many games) without turning it into a binary pass/fail experience.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

graynull posted:

It's been the better part of a year since my last mod trip. What was the consensus on Vokrii as compared to Ordinator? Like I get the idea, that it's more of a Vanilla+ experience, but wondered if it seemed less overpowered. I really enjoyed some of the spells in Forgotten Magic Redone, but I think I'm just going to cut it because it's kinda too good and it's all the magic I end up using.

I'm using Vokrii as part of the Noise modlist with Wabbajack and it seems fairly well balanced, while managing to have one or two neat effects for the magic trees and even speech.

I'd definitely recommend it as a solid alternative to Ordinator or SPERG if you want to be less godlike

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

graynull posted:

It's been the better part of a year since my last mod trip. What was the consensus on Vokrii as compared to Ordinator?

I really want to like it but I just can't. It feels like there just isn't enough options and abilities to choose from. Plus, the 5 perks mastery dump is lame. I like that ordinator makes the first mastery perks a simple 2/2 intead of the boring 5/5 dump that soooo many other perk mods keep doing.

Still, vokrii does quite a few things right.

That said, I think I'm going to try switching over to vokrii to try it out again.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 3, 2020

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Is it at all worth it to spend the time going through and manually sorting and patching a mod list? I know I shouldn't entirely trust loot already, but I'm looking at a bashed patch I made and it's done some really weird things wrt weapons and armor. Stuff like only carrying up the value from a mod that changes artifacts but otherwise defaulting to whatever wccaf or sometimes even ussep set the actual weapons to.

I guess I could just tune the bashed patch but I'm worried about it missing some conflicts now looking at it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tyty posted:

Is it at all worth it to spend the time going through and manually sorting and patching a mod list? I know I shouldn't entirely trust loot already, but I'm looking at a bashed patch I made and it's done some really weird things wrt weapons and armor. Stuff like only carrying up the value from a mod that changes artifacts but otherwise defaulting to whatever wccaf or sometimes even ussep set the actual weapons to.

I guess I could just tune the bashed patch but I'm worried about it missing some conflicts now looking at it.

My general approach is to just play and if there aren't any problems I notice then it's fine. If there are, I deal with the problems.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tyty posted:

Is it at all worth it to spend the time going through and manually sorting and patching a mod list?
The various tools are nice as a starting point at best, but there's no "just run this .exe and everything is 100% a-okay" solution.
So if you want everything to work how it should, then yeah. And honestly, unless you're using a lot of humongous mods it shouldn't take long to go over your loadorder with xEdit.

On the other hand, generally a bashed patch will screw up things like wrong damage values, or forgetting to include a mod's additions to a levelled list, etc. Basically things that aren't that critical.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

at this point if i need to bash patch i just cut it out and this is mostly like i don't want to deal with this anymore after all these years

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I just run mods that don't need bashing together and those that had compatibility patches for each other.

orcane fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2020

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I've been modding TES games for years and the last bashed patch I've made was for Oblivion. Sometimes you gotta pick and choose!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Are there any decent civil war mods for SE?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Are there any decent civil war mods for SE?

There's the Second Great War. Haven't tested it myself (yet) but you can choose to join the Thalmor though.

EDIT: Are there any SE mods that let you see your body in first person view?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 6, 2020

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
There's Joy of Perspective which requires a patch for any mod-added armors and for any mod that modifies races, there's Immersive First Person View which .NET Script Framework which hasn't been updated since last January, and there's Improved Camera which is still in beta and needs some issues worked out, but of the three is easily the only real choice.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Man, Quick Loot not being updated is making me consider delaying my annual return to Skyrim. It was just such a big quality of life upgrade for me. It would be hard to go back to pilfering through every possible container like some kind of skeever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

unslaad is cool.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Red Metal posted:

There's Joy of Perspective which requires a patch for any mod-added armors and for any mod that modifies races, there's Immersive First Person View which .NET Script Framework which hasn't been updated since last January, and there's Improved Camera which is still in beta and needs some issues worked out, but of the three is easily the only real choice.

I recently went through this boondoggle while making the jump to special edition and even improved camera gets real iffy when you turn off the awful head bob. I ended up dumping it too and just going without. Really wish there was a functionally identical port of Enhanced Camera. It was simple and worked perfectly with zero configuration. :(

graynull posted:

Man, Quick Loot not being updated is making me consider delaying my annual return to Skyrim. It was just such a big quality of life upgrade for me. It would be hard to go back to pilfering through every possible container like some kind of skeever.

Also suffering through this. I really wasn't expecting to deal with kind of issue making the jump from oldrim.

timn fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 6, 2020

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
New player here - So uh, this may be a super dumb question, but how do I log onto my bethesda account and activate mods when the menu won't let me make signs? My username is my email, and I can't make the @. I play vanilla Skyrim special edition, fwiw.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Bethesda is saving you the pain of using their mod service instead of a proper mod loader like Mod Organizer.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Bethesda is saving you the pain of using their mod service instead of a proper mod loader like Mod Organizer.

word, thanks!

E: Mod Organizer can't find skyrim :/

Tias fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 7, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tias posted:

word, thanks!

E: Mod Organizer can't find skyrim :/

Just tell it where it is

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tias posted:

New player here - So uh, this may be a super dumb question, but how do I log onto my bethesda account and activate mods when the menu won't let me make signs? My username is my email, and I can't make the @. I play vanilla Skyrim special edition, fwiw.

Go to your windows control panel and change the keyboard layout to American English. The combination for "@" is Shift + 2, I believe

Also make sure to switch it back afterwards

Tias
May 25, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Just tell it where it is

Guide says I have to select folder with game in it, and upon selecting skyrim I'm told it's not valid, it needs both the exec and data part, which afaik is in the game folder :confused:

ThaumPenguin posted:

Go to your windows control panel and change the keyboard layout to American English. The combination for "@" is Shift + 2, I believe

Also make sure to switch it back afterwards

I did and it didn't work. All online guides seem to recommend the same, but I just get a ' " ' - and I made sure that US keyboard was on..

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I think you need to restart first. It didn't work for me at first either, until it suddenly did, which at that point frankly offended me, like how do you dare work now when you didn't before

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tias posted:

Guide says I have to select folder with game in it, and upon selecting skyrim I'm told it's not valid, it needs both the exec and data part, which afaik is in the game folder :confused:

I did and it didn't work. All online guides seem to recommend the same, but I just get a ' " ' - and I made sure that US keyboard was on..

Can you post a sceenshot of the error and missing folders? MO is generally the better method for Skyrim modding so I'd like to help you through it rather than using the Beth mods launcher.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Also just to be clear you are using Mod Organizer 2 not the original right?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Have you launched Skyrim for the first time yet?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tias posted:

Keyboard setting is per-application. You can test it easily: while using your browser, change keyboard setting to US, then alt-tab to MO2 or whatever other app is running, and notice how your keyboard is back to its original setting. Alt-tab back to the browser, back to US.

So this means that you need the keyboard to be US before you launch the game, so that it'll be launched with US setting.

Also, threads on the Beth forums have been complaining about this bug ever since the Skyrim SE release, and new threads about the issue are still being made every week. They've patched Skyrim countless times since, but never bothered attempting to fix this.

Tias
May 25, 2008

I tried reloading with the new language settings, and nothing happens. All I get is a ' " ' :confused:

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Can you post a sceenshot of the error and missing folders? MO is generally the better method for Skyrim modding so I'd like to help you through it rather than using the Beth mods launcher.

Sure, here: https://imgur.com/a/mFrP1WC

Otacon posted:

Have you launched Skyrim for the first time yet?

yeah, I've played a bit, realized I needed mods, and then I tried to install them..

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Tias posted:

I tried reloading with the new language settings, and nothing happens. All I get is a ' " ' :confused:

Sure, here: https://imgur.com/a/mFrP1WC

yeah, I've played a bit, realized I needed mods, and then I tried to install them..

I'm not sure what I am looking at here. Inside your Skyrim install folder you don't have any of the files that are supposed to be there. Unless you moved them to that Skyrim subfolder? I'm not sure why you would do that. In the last screenshot you are telling it to look for the files in the Special Edition folder that doesn't actually have the game files. Of course it can't find them if they aren't there. I have no idea why you would move all the files.

zhar
May 3, 2019

the first image shows that they are there (i assume that's the same folder), looks like the second image is of the mo2 folder select window which maybe hides non-folders

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
The ModOrganizer.exe in that picture has a date modified in 2015, you sure that's Mod Organizer 2 and not the old one?
e: Filesize also seems low, think cheesetriangles got this right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ah yeah that appears to be it. They got the original MO instead of MO2.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

That is the one you want. MO1 doesn't support the SE I believe.