Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

After the NY64, Joey's foot in mouth nonsense is benign.

Also, Kelly you can do so much better than a BJ Whitmer or a Joey Mercury. I believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Joey wrestled Super Dragon a lot during the 2000s so he likely racked up a good number of concussions.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joey Ryan founded Bar Wrestling btw and it was his decision to give Teddy a live mic. Brilliant 24 hour period Joey's had

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Local indie is bringing in both Effy and Joey Ryan for a show in a couple months, so boy have I been going back and forth on that one. I think ultimately it’s going to come down to whether they bother to book any women, which I’m kind of doubting is going to end up happening given last show they only brought in Su Yung.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ryan Satin has been dunked on by everyone at this post.

Edit: Imgur won't work for me for some reason. Satin tweeted about Sophie's Choice and the Auschwitz Memorial politely called him a dumbass stuck in a wrestling bubble.

Mod Edit: Fixed it for you

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 2, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Edit: Imgur won't work for me for some reason. Satin tweeted about Sophie's Choice and the Auschwitz Memorial politely called him a dumbass stuck in a wrestling bubble.

fixed it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wow. Ryan Satin is just a next level piece of trash.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I feel like being furious at a WWE guy for making a reference to Sophie's Choice one page after deciding that Shlak is cool, he was only sieg heiling because all his nazi friends were doing it is maybe a little too on brand for this thread?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what, exactly, did ryan satin say was Sophie's Choice but wrestling

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
aew vs NXT probs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

It was from June, he used it to reference indecisiveness between siding with watching WWE and/or watching AEW

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

jesus WEP posted:

It was in response to this

https://twitter.com/bullyray5150/status/1135228502154727424

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

somehow more of a banal bullshit thing than i imagined

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really liked the Ryan Satin interview of Poppy because you could see the shadow of her handlers tense up every time he motioned towards her.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

very shameful they missed the Joey has no rear end joke.

https://twitter.com/thePenelopeFord/status/1212781141222146055

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Freaks

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
AEW needs a social person who is a proffesional.
Ryan Satin needs to die.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/status/1212667371506130945

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Holy poo poo. Talk about being tone loving deaf.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Explosions posted:

I feel like being furious at a WWE guy for making a reference to Sophie's Choice one page after deciding that Shlak is cool, he was only sieg heiling because all his nazi friends were doing it is maybe a little too on brand for this thread?

What are you talking about

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

what gets me is that even if teddy wasn't carrying a wealth of horrible accusations, watching him wrestle is this tedious, joyless experience. like if the t-2000 could slowly set up as many weird powerbomb variations as it could imagine then spend like ten minutes rambling on the mic afterwards instead of turning its hands into knives. you can get MOVEZ~ in dozens of more dynamic packages, but i guess they aren't named hart.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ah for fucks sake and generally I liked Cage. So it goes though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nah, he's a shithead

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ICHIBAHN posted:

Nah, he's a shithead

You gotta admit he's got a beautiful wife, and big muscles though...

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vellius posted:

what gets me is that even if teddy wasn't carrying a wealth of horrible accusations, watching him wrestle is this tedious, joyless experience. like if the t-2000 could slowly set up as many weird powerbomb variations as it could imagine then spend like ten minutes rambling on the mic afterwards instead of turning its hands into knives. you can get MOVEZ~ in dozens of more dynamic packages, but i guess they aren't named hart.

For some reason a lot of wrestlers seem to love wrestling Teddy even if they don't like Teddy. He's marginally talented and nice enough in person so he just gets a million chances no matter what he does.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

For some reason a lot of wrestlers seem to love wrestling Teddy even if they don't like Teddy. He's marginally talented and nice enough in person so he just gets a million chances no matter what he does.

I wonder if working Teddy is kind of like getting an easy "night off" kind of match. You know he's going to do 90% of the wild flips and dives to get his poo poo in and you just kind of have to take it, plus he's been wrestling for 800 years so I assume (hope) he's pretty safe. As much as I dislike Teddy for his real life bullshit and for his unchanging wrestling style, I can't recall hearing about him injuring anybody before? But, again, I don't keep up on ALL of the Teddy Hart lore so maybe I'm wrong there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is nice and sweet for PCO

https://twitter.com/TSNWrestling/status/1212825658524622849

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Nah, he's a shithead

This. Teddy Hart is a massive poo poo head. About three or four years back, I went down to my local wrestling fed to watch a Friday night live show and support some friends that were wrestling. Good show, people were into it, Teddy does his thing, easily the most talented dude on the roster. After we are all shooting the poo poo in front of the venue having a drink and out comes Teddy with his wife and tiny dog.

He sits down, and this homeless dude shambles by we all know him, he's a harmless really old man. He's doing his thing asking for change, he asks Teddy and he looks at his wife and she gives him a dollar, he holds up the bill to him and pulls back saying "You'll get the dollar if you do a bunch of push-ups. Guy looks crestfallen proceeds to get on the floor and starts doing push-ups, while Teddy starts laughing, until the guy can't do any more push-ups. He just tosses the dollar down at him. I'm looking over at my friends who just give me the look of don't say anything, mainly because since we live so far south it's sort of difficult to get known talent to come down, and they're just some small rinky dink fed.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

very shameful they missed the Joey has no rear end joke.

https://twitter.com/thePenelopeFord/status/1212781141222146055

YIKES JOEY

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
but tammy was more over than chris candido?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AEW’s gotta get one of those consultants who teach pro athletes how to do their personal social media and otherwise exist as famous people.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jiro posted:

This. Teddy Hart is a massive poo poo head. About three or four years back, I went down to my local wrestling fed to watch a Friday night live show and support some friends that were wrestling. Good show, people were into it, Teddy does his thing, easily the most talented dude on the roster. After we are all shooting the poo poo in front of the venue having a drink and out comes Teddy with his wife and tiny dog.

He sits down, and this homeless dude shambles by we all know him, he's a harmless really old man. He's doing his thing asking for change, he asks Teddy and he looks at his wife and she gives him a dollar, he holds up the bill to him and pulls back saying "You'll get the dollar if you do a bunch of push-ups. Guy looks crestfallen proceeds to get on the floor and starts doing push-ups, while Teddy starts laughing, until the guy can't do any more push-ups. He just tosses the dollar down at him. I'm looking over at my friends who just give me the look of don't say anything, mainly because since we live so far south it's sort of difficult to get known talent to come down, and they're just some small rinky dink fed.

Cool enabling.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/thePenelopeFord/status/1212850544005591043?s=20

yea ok its time to simmer down

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

AEW’s gotta get one of those consultants who teach pro athletes how to do their personal social media and otherwise exist as famous people.

I honestly can't gauge how much of that is shoot vs. work.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Cool enabling.

Oh because you're going to stand up to a known-to-be unpredictable Teddy Hart?

Lay off Jiro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

DO post pics of your pets!
DONT post your dick!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Oh because you're going to stand up to a known-to-be unpredictable Teddy Hart?

Lay off Jiro.

Doing the right thing is hard.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Doing the right thing is hard.

shut the gently caress up and go hand out some fliers.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hey, you know what. I'd rather have it on Twitter where it's never mentioned on TV than a bunch of dumb innuendos and dick jokes on Dynamite. If this is the balance AEW is crafting, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Post about Wrestlers on Social Media, not each other.