Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

I cast level 3 Raised Eyebrow, also known as EYE3.

There's a 3x3 Eyes joke in here somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

MGRP’s evil mascot is obviously partly inspired by Kyubey, but also partly inspired by Monokuma. Not remotely as interesting as either, though. (Really, almost every MGRP character is a take on a archetype done better elsewhere. It reminds me of something I read somewhere about the impossibility of Tragedia Dell Arte.)

ive heard it has some gross stuff in it or w/e but it's important to acknowledge how much this image did for gay rights

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it also had a guy get assfucked

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that also did a lot for gay rights

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think everybody who uses the word deconstruction unironically should be toxxed into reading Derrida.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I think everybody who uses the word deconstruction unironically should be toxxed into reading Derrida.

This.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Oh, uh, did you complete your toxx? You might want to inform namtab if you did or didn't...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

Oh, uh, did you complete your toxx? You might want to inform namtab if you did or didn't...

Thanks for the heads up, I did and I'll get it posted tonight once I have the time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Why would you two wish something so harmful on to someone? Don't be mean.

It's a word that gets misused, big deal.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Idols!

22/7 - hell yeah this getting added to the idolw@tch
ARP Backstage Pass - I was unaware of this. Good, the w@tch was in need of a fresh batch of boys
Bandori s3 - hell yeah this getting added to the idolw@tch
Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu - I am so incredibly excited for this!!!! I'll sub it myself if I have to!

also gently caress yeah more Haikyuu, the anime-making thing looks neat, I'll give the new Madoka a shot, heyacamp sure why not,

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Words have power.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

It angers me when people try to act smart

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

It angers me when people try to act smart
Well, if people hafta try and act smart, hopefully it gets to the point where peeps instead will make strides to try and get smart.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
when the heck is bakarina........

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Saezuru PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rKwe4AHCC0

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Wark Say posted:

I mean, if enough people misuse it consistently enough, then logically speaking the word has changed meaning (or developed an alternate meaning).

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

gonna start telling people Jealousy is a deconstruction of the mob movie genre

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I mean, if enough people misuse it consistently enough, then logically speaking the word has changed meaning (or developed an alternate meaning).
Que será será.

In non-derrida-related stuff, I was kinda hoping that Kaguya-sama season 2 would be a Winter 2020 thing. I hope Dorohedoro, Orphen and Chill-Camp do the job of tiding me over.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

gonna start telling people Jealousy is a deconstruction of the mob movie genre

Me too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wark Say posted:

In non-derrida-related stuff, I was kinda hoping that Kaguya-sama season 2 would be a Winter 2020 thing. I hope Dorohedoro, Orphen and Chill-Camp do the job of tiding me over.

How cute...

I was too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Que será será.

Instead, we have a revised Re:Zero Rewatch re should rivetly rawtch.
Director's cut is getting broadcasted each week this winter, one hour episodes each. We should join a simulwatch.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Make a simulwatch here and delay nise further

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Make a simulwatch here and delay nise further
gently caress Nise.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

gently caress Nise.

:aaa:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Going to continue watching MHA4 and Chihayafuru 3, and in terms of sequels I'll definitely be watching Haikyuu, Railgun, and Bang Dream.

Other than that, the only anime I'm genuinely hyped for is the Motion Pictures Club one.

I'll check out Dorohedoro based on the hype it's getting here, but the PV didn't really grab me.

Might check out Shield Heroine, Koisuru Android, and/or 22/7 for some lighthearted comedy fluff.

Kuutei Dragons has a good source manga, but the animation quality looks Not Great.

ID:Invaded had an interesting PV, so that's getting at least a couple of episodes.

Black horse pick goes to the gay idol superfan anime.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I would also like to request that somebody catalogue a list of changes to the new edition of Re Zero Season 1 in comparison to the original broadcast.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 1, 2020

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Grouchio posted:

I would also like to request that somebody catalogue a list of changes to the new edition of Re Zero Season 1 in comparison to the original podcast.

Still blown away by how seamlessly Re:Zero was adapted to anime from the original podcast.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Godamnit Joe Rogan

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit Joe Rogan

Go home you're drunk.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

cave emperor posted:

Might check out Shield Heroine, Koisuru Android, and/or 22/7 for some lighthearted comedy fluff.

Dunno if I would expect lighthearted comedy of the 22/7 anime, all their singles and music videos so far have been weird melancholic stuff.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

nielsm posted:

Dunno if I would expect lighthearted comedy of the 22/7 anime, all their singles and music videos so far have been weird melancholic stuff.

I believe in Sally

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

nielsm posted:

also the plot summary given so far veers closer to "Secret Idol Conspiracy" rather than "Happy Idol Fun Times."

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Triggerhappypilot posted:

also the plot summary given so far veers closer to "Secret Idol Conspiracy" rather than "Happy Idol Fun Times."

Alright now I'm definitely watching it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sounds interesting, guess I'll give it a test go

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit Joe Rogan

he likes anime now?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

he likes anime now?
No he's why I made that typo. (broadcast not podcast)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Does anybody know something about Darwin's Game and Kyokou Suiri (In/Spectre)? I checked a little bit of manga for both to get a taste of what they're about and while they don't look terrible I wonder if they're worth getting into

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Darwin’s game is standard death game tourney stuff but I fell off it pretty early.

In/spectre is my second most anticipated anime of the season. It’s by the same guy as Blast of Tempest if you watched that. It’s a really cool supernatural mystery action thing that I ended up loving. I saw the premiere of the first ep a couple months ago at AX and it was solid so I’m hoping that means it’ll have a smooth run. Fair warning, the first ep or two will likely be set up but the meat of the series is going to be one long “case”, if you’re hoping for something episodic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kyokou suiri is very good. it seems like a supernatural mystery that must be solved, but it's really not and there are good reasons for why that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Darwin's Game is somewhat less trashy than it could be.