Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it couldnt possibly be that we know and are mocking it.

no.

it must be that we have never heard of it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've seen honest to goodness fist fights break out in men's bathrooms over breaking urinal etiquette. If there's a line no one cares, if there isn't and you take the urinal next to someone and they say something you just have to acknowledge the faux pas, but if they say something and respond with "I like to piss next to guys with super small dicks to make mine look bigger", well, then you really stepped in it now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Give your urinal neighbor a nice shoulder rub if you finish a piss before him.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Jeeze, that's ridiculous. Glad I quit.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

lol oops meant this for the meme thread oh well

A FESTIVE SKELETON has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jan 2, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ok, just say you're using one of these urinals and it's crowded. How do you NOT stare at another dudes junk or lock eyes with someone? Just acknowledge the awkwardness, hit the flush with your foot, and walk away?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lock eyes, get boner, pee in high arc directly on his chest

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Raptor1033 posted:

Ok, just say you're using one of these urinals and it's crowded. How do you NOT stare at another dudes junk or lock eyes with someone? Just acknowledge the awkwardness, hit the flush with your foot, and walk away?

Maybe it's the joke going over my head, but this is actually an industrial wash fountain, usually found around production facilities. However, I've seen people profoundly confused about the function.

https://www.bradleycorp.com/product-category/washfountains

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cornering the guy who took the urinal next to the stalls is a power thing, not a sex thing :colbert:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Everyone knows it's not size that's judged at a urinal- it's foreskinhavers vs cutboys.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I leave a stall for Jesus because I'm pee shy and it's easier to pee without having someone right next to me. It's a social anxiety thing. That said, if all other urinals are full, Jesus can wait while I take a leak.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I try to strike up conversations

You're the devil, aren't you?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
If you're getting into issue of toxic masculinity though, I don't see why a detailed unspoken etiquette about respecting one another's personal space and privacy during an unavoidable situation is something you should discourage.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I love the guys that are so afraid of someone catching a glimpse of their dick at the urinal that they're practically climbing inside the thing. Could you get any closer to it? Their clothes are touching the sides of the drat thing. They're so close that they're probably getting massive splashback.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd think it would be even harder to pee with Jesus next to me

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if you're just shy and don't like randos seeing your junk? :ohdear:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Whomst among us has not shat in a urinal

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I love the guys that are so afraid of someone catching a glimpse of their dick at the urinal that they're practically climbing inside the thing. Could you get any closer to it? Their clothes are touching the sides of the drat thing. They're so close that they're probably getting massive splashback.

It's not so much someone seeing your dick as a personal space issue. Like, if you've ever used the urinal trough at Wrigley Field you know there is no such thing as modesty, but giving each other at least a bit of elbow room is still considered good form.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Yeah you can see my dick from anywhere so that's not really the issue. I just don't want your grotesque drunk stinking genitals too close to my beautiful body

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If you're in flip flops it's perfectly acceptable to demand a buffer zone. Otherwise you probably just got a small pecker.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fartbox posted:

Yeah you can see my dick from anywhere so that's not really the issue. I just don't want your grotesque drunk stinking genitals too close to my beautiful body

Ugh, that reminds me of the one time I actually was annoyed by someone breaking urinal etiquette. I was at a bar by Wrigley (which was the first problem) and this dude comes stumbling in obviously waaaaay too drunk to still be drinking. He takes the urinal directly next to me, whatever. Then when he unzips I get almost floored by the smell. It was the absolute worst crotch rot smell I've ever encountered in my whole life. And I used to live in a punk squat with crust punks. Like I'm talking weapons grade level here. I almost threw up.

I actually stopped mid stream to change urinals because it was so bad. One of my friends had genital warts and I convinced him to show it to me while he was having a flare up and it looked like a black ear of corn with this white medicinal cream kind of smeared on it and stained pinkish between the "kernels" from the cracking and mixing with blood. That was less disgusting than the smell of this dude's dick.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JoelJoel posted:

If you're in flip flops it's perfectly acceptable to demand a buffer zone. Otherwise you probably just got a small pecker.

in the case of Growers v Showers, we the jury find the defendant's :dong:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Someone in Toronto's Chinatown area who stole my camcorder has footage of my friend Andy making GBS threads in a urinal in a Toledo area rest stop along. Also, a bunch of other things nobody should ever see as we were on our way to my 4-day bachelor party.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Jan 2, 2020

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugh, that reminds me of the one time I actually was annoyed by someone breaking urinal etiquette. I was at a bar by Wrigley (which was the first problem) and this dude comes stumbling in obviously waaaaay too drunk to still be drinking. He takes the urinal directly next to me, whatever. Then when he unzips I get almost floored by the smell. It was the absolute worst crotch rot smell I've ever encountered in my whole life. And I used to live in a punk squat with crust punks. Like I'm talking weapons grade level here. I almost threw up.

I actually stopped mid stream to change urinals because it was so bad. One of my friends had genital warts and I convinced him to show it to me while he was having a flare up and it looked like a black ear of corn with this white medicinal cream kind of smeared on it and stained pinkish between the "kernels" from the cracking and mixing with blood. That was less disgusting than the smell of this dude's dick.

Thanks for this

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It was a thing when the Motorola Droid came out like 8 years ago.

Had a roommate who got one, and thanks to my Mac's "say" command I figured out that the robo voice isn't actually saying "DROID", it's saying "JROID". Always fun to ask how his new Jroid was working out for him. :v:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Women find "bathroom etiquette" a mystery because they're all disgusting pieces of poo poo who literally throw their used tampons and crap-covered toilet paper at the walls.

Having had to clean multiple bathrooms, I'm an authority on this.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

This is all evidence for stall based, gender neutral bathrooms.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Data Graham posted:

I'd think it would be even harder to pee with Jesus next to me

Would he turn your piss into pisswine?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The ultimate urinal power move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItgJzRKo2WI

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

lol if you dont butt in to pee into the same urinal that another man is using like a true alpha

Hackers film 1995 has a new favorite as of 17:34 on Jan 2, 2020

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I pee in a bed with my wife

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yoshi Wins posted:

Thanks for this

Same, I also found those descriptions deeply erotic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Everyone always ignores the aerosolized urine cloud that forms around you as an inherent part of using a urinal. Intentionally using the urinal next to someone is effectively the same as walking up to them and spraying them down with bodily waste, it's tantamount to biological warfare and is technically illegal by international accord.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Life sure is difficult when you have a penis.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mushika posted:

Life sure is difficult when you have a penis.

It's why we get paid that 20% more than women. Because of all the extra bathroom rules we have to follow. It's exhausting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mens Rooms are a labyrinth of convoluted mores and complex unwritten rules

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And piss

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MizPiz posted:

Women find "bathroom etiquette" a mystery because they're all disgusting pieces of poo poo who literally throw their used tampons and crap-covered toilet paper at the walls.

Having had to clean multiple bathrooms, I'm an authority on this.

I was a janitor for a while, and I can confirm

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I was a janitor for a while, and I can confirm

Yeah in my retail management days I've cleaned enough public bathrooms to agree. I would always rather clean a men's room than a women's room at the end of the day.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

piss washes right off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Women: "I really don't get why men have strange rules to avoid noticing each other in the bathroom"

Also women: https://twitter.com/AshleyNyhoff/status/359811567623213057?s=19