Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dumb question but does the state track how much you buy in a time period? Like do I have to worry about the state having a file on me of how much weed I've purchased? I thought they did that with some cold medicines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Niwrad posted:

You need a better dealer.

Hopefully it comes down when more places open. But the state sure seems to be making that tough.

Nah I can get it from my dealer for 50. I was just saying that 60 isn't an usual price and was a fairly standard price before the early states made it legal.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Niwrad posted:

Dumb question but does the state track how much you buy in a time period? Like do I have to worry about the state having a file on me of how much weed I've purchased? I thought they did that with some cold medicines.

No, dispensaries do not collect any information about you when you purchase. The only way the state would know of constant purchases is if you are getting busted with more in possession than what is allowed or if you get multiple driving under the influence busts.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Rip anyone black who has to travel between STL/MO and Illinois because boy, the cops from MO are going to be even more on one.

What they do around Colorado is shady as gently caress. They'll put up a fake sign for a "drug checkpoint" on the interstate. It'll take traffic down to one lane and ends up just being one of those fake sirens on a pole with no cops there. But the cops will line up at all the exits and pull over anyone who uses them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://capitolfax.com/2019/12/31/isra-clearly-under-illinois-law-no-cannabis-dispensary-can-share-your-personal-information/

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Niwrad posted:

What they do around Colorado is shady as gently caress. They'll put up a fake sign for a "drug checkpoint" on the interstate. It'll take traffic down to one lane and ends up just being one of those fake sirens on a pole with no cops there. But the cops will line up at all the exits and pull over anyone who uses them.

Gotta hand it to the pigs: that's shady as gently caress, but also stunningly clever.

Gotta imagine you could make a killing searching the shoulder and ditch in the mile or so before the 'checkpoint'

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/marie4congress/status/1212817472266653697?s=21

Donate to Marie Newman plz

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

gently caress Dan Lipinski

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1213636266757107713

Jows
May 8, 2002

That's awesome. The only time I've voted for that jackass was 2018 when the literal Nazi was on the R side. Prior years I've just left it blank. Looking forward to voting for Newman.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tonyjarnold/status/1214683195276513280

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The rape in Champaign is possibly this:

https://illinoisnewsroom.org/2019/12/23/univ-of-illinois-police-officer-arrested-accused-of-misconduct-assault/

But probably not, reading the whole article. It’ll be some politically connected person close to Madigan behaving badly, possibly on a visit to the area. It’d have to be high profile enough saying ‘the rape’ meant everyone knew immediately what it was referring to.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 8, 2020

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Ashby's game is faith-based outreach to black churches. The dude is all over the place and has worked for more than a few high profile dem races all over downstate, including JB's. Not sure what kind of insight that can provide into what he knows and what it pertains to, but there it is.

McClain is by all accounts a loudmouth fuckface and a braggart who has, for years, used his own position as the speaker's guy to protect his own people and his own rear end. He's a Quincy guy, and so is Ashby.

While it's all highly sus I expect Madigan is actually being truthful when he says he didn't know anything about it. That being said, I am also sure McClain and every other person who has ever worked directly under Madigan has been told something to the effect of "If something hosed up happens it's on you and I don't even want to hear about it."

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

Ashby's game is faith-based outreach to black churches.

If that's his specialty, then the rape might be connected to a black church. There can't be too many of those in Champaign.

quote:

sure McClain and every other person who has ever worked directly under Madigan has been told something to the effect of "If something hosed up happens it's on you and I don't even want to hear about it."

Someone who worked for Madigan once said the way he stays in power is that he knows everyone's dirty secrets, so he might have known about it but kept it as leverage. Which is :wtfdude:

unnoticed
Nov 29, 2005

That's odd...

The X-man cometh posted:

If that's his specialty, then the rape might be connected to a black church. There can't be too many of those in Champaign.

Uhh... You ever been to Champaign?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

Someone who worked for Madigan once said the way he stays in power is that he knows everyone's dirty secrets, so he might have known about it but kept it as leverage. Which is :wtfdude:

It's possible, but Madigan isn't dumb, keeps a pretty thick buffer, and is relatively quick to throw people under the bus to get ahead of it. And Pat Quinn's people knew about this too so my guess is it's from either Quinn's campaign in 2010 or maybe even something to do with Blago's campaigns.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

unnoticed posted:

Uhh... You ever been to Champaign?

Yeah there's like dozens. And that's just the ones with their own dedicated buildings. Keep in mind Champaign can mean Champaign, Urbana, Savoy or any of the smaller towns scattered about. Its like the Chicago of BFE East Central IL.

He's also a cop loving prison guy which is what made me wonder if it was the creepy cop using surveillance cameras to stalk and rape women, one came forward claiming he raped her in 2012 after the 2018 one spoke up and they found out about it.

Neither woman wanted to pursue charges though. Go figure. And the chief just resigned to take a job in Columbus.

quote:

Executive Director of Public Safety and Chief of Police Craig Stone announced this morning that he is leaving UIPD to become the Deputy Director of the Department of Public Safety for the City of Columbus. He will conclude his appointment on Jan. 15.
Deputy UI Police Chief Matt Myrick to serve as interim executive director of public safety and chief of police. This appointment will begin on Jan. 16.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 10, 2020

unnoticed
Nov 29, 2005

That's odd...

Oracle posted:

Yeah there's like dozens. And that's just the ones with their own dedicated buildings. Keep in mind Champaign can mean Champaign, Urbana, Savoy or any of the smaller towns scattered about. Its like the Chicago of BFE East Central IL.

Ah yes, i misread your previous post. I thought you were implying there's no black people in Champaign

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/lucyparsonslabs/status/1215767044471345152

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

LOL goodbye Chicago police that'll end the department.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So long dennal plan CPD

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oracle posted:

LOL goodbye Chicago police that'll end the department.

there's too many white ethnics in chicago for current police practices to go away. if anything, the cops are too soft on target demographics if the local nextdoor is to believed

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Yeah but now the Black Caucus can't approve that Cop Academy while pretending they don't know anything about all the accusations of violence.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Monkey Fracas posted:

So long denial plan

sports
Sep 1, 2012
The Illinois DNR is now offering "Former Chicago Police Officer" stamps on hunting licenses. The season is year round

sports
Sep 1, 2012

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

there's too many white ethnics in chicago for current police practices to go away. if anything, the cops are too soft on target demographics if the local nextdoor is to believed

There's virtually no policing done on the far NW side. Can't wait to see all the domestic abuse cases FOP filed away come back to light

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

That looks like nearly 50 years of records to me!

Was the original ask for all of those records? Or was the original request narrower, and the judge was like "no actually gently caress you lol you owe them a shitload of data now"?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Love the fact that the 1968 convention is in there.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

Love the fact that the 1968 convention is in there.

bernie...

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Zarin posted:

That looks like nearly 50 years of records to me!

Was the original ask for all of those records? Or was the original request narrower, and the judge was like "no actually gently caress you lol you owe them a shitload of data now"?

It was probably unspecific, which is why the police claimed it was unduly burdensome but they got a judge who wasn't in the mood for bullshit and ruled that they should have done a proper denial.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So more speculation about the 'rape in Champaign' on Capitol Fax (which if you aren't reading you really should be)

quote:

Ray Long and David Heinzmann at the Tribune…

State investigators are looking into whether an explosive email that refers to keeping quiet about a “rape in Champaign” could be tied to an inmate who got out of prison early and then sexually abused a young girl, sources familiar with the probe told the Tribune. […]

On Saturday, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told the Tribune that officials are looking into whether McClain’s “rape in Champaign” reference could involve the early release of prisoners under Quinn, who came under fire for the practice in 2010.

The source said investigators are looking at the case of Scott Wayne Thompson, who is being held at a state facility for sex crime offenders in downstate Rushville. Thompson received early release from prison and then was charged with and convicted of sex abuse, records show.

At the time, Ashby worked at Rushville as a hospital manager, according to McClain’s email to state officials. That meant Ashby potentially was in position to know about Thompson being admitted to the facility for the sex crime.

* I called around and it does seem plausible. From a senior administration official who has reviewed the Department of Corrections records…

Scott W. Thompson was released early from a 2.5 year sentence for violating a sex offender registry requirement. (State law allows him a day of credit for each day served.)

For that sentence, Thompson was admitted to Big Muddy on March 17, 2009.

In addition to the 50 percent sentence requirement, on May 29, 2009 - which was 60 days into his sentence - he was given 180 days of good time credit.

He was paroled on Nov 20, 2009 and immediately violated parole at the door because he didn’t meet the terms of mandatory supervised release. He was discharged on May 20, 2010.

On Aug. 1, 2010 he was indicted in Champaign County on charges of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a victim under 13.

During 2011, Thompson was also transferred in and out of the Western Illinois Correctional Center.

He was paroled out in June 2012.

He is presently listed on the state’s sex offender registry as a sexually violent person who is in DHS custody. (In other words, Rushville)

The Quinn administration was hugely paranoid about its Meritorious Good Time Push program, but Thompson wasn’t in that accelerated program, which explains why the Rauner campaign never found him. Even so, a released prisoner who sexually assaulted a young girl would be bad for Quinn, considering the previous publicity over MGT Push.

Some people may have jumped to the conclusion that the “rape in Champaign” was about somebody close to Quinn. Most, I think, were just horrified that McClain would weaponize a rape (and ghost payrolling) for patronage purposes.

To my mind, at least, you can’t argue that this somehow exonerates McClain. He did what he did. And the Quinn administration officials he contacted need to answer why the discipline hearing for McClain’s guy was postponed the day after McClain sent that email.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

oh cool so it's going to be used for some "tough on crime" "stop the revolving doors in prison!" response

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

If the local NextDoor is to be believed every black kid selling candy to raise money for a field trip door to door is a vanguard of local gangs sent to case your house for a break in later. Thank god for that Ring doorbell footage, I'm sure its the only thing that saved you from a violent B&E.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

brugroffil posted:

oh cool so it's going to be used for some "tough on crime" "stop the revolving doors in prison!" response

Every time there's a Tribune or IRP "investigation" on Madigan it's some contrived charge against common-sense legislation. Like the property taxes thing.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Oracle posted:

If the local NextDoor is to be believed every black kid selling candy to raise money for a field trip door to door is a vanguard of local gangs sent to case your house for a break in later. Thank god for that Ring doorbell footage, I'm sure its the only thing that saved you from a violent B&E.

No need to b+e if you porch pirate

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I got banned from NextDoor for talking poo poo.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I thought talking poo poo was the only thing NextDoor was for, this is very concerning

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I thought talking poo poo was the only thing NextDoor was for, this is very concerning

You can talk poo poo about scary black people in your neighborhood. You can't talk poo poo about nervous white people on Nextdoor.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

checked in on my local nextdoor for the first time in years

top thread is a bunch of people freaking out that the money-losing golf course their homes are built around is being sold off for residential development. whole lotta coded concerns about "safety" of their neighborhood until someone just comes out and starts blasting about Section 8 housing lmao

e: other popular thread is about a recent spat of people getting into unlocked cars sitting in peoples' driveways. this happened to me right before Christmas because I'm dumb and leave my car unlocked, cop who came up to chat about it said they're just looking for keys to steal the cars and guns. not stopping tons of people from freaking out about how they're triple-locking all their doors now otherwise they'll wake up with these criminals next to their bed

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 13, 2020

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My Mom is in Northbrook and there is a month long thread about hoodlums carefully cutting up someone's Christmas lights. It is clearly squirrels doing this. The thread is a mix of people telling the person to put up security cameras everywhere. Some mentioning squirrels and how to get rid of them. Pure insanity of a $5 string of lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I got banned for calling some guy who constantly complains about not being able to take his gun on the CTA a colossal pussy.