Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
The real danger here for Iran is that they can't control the response from their proxies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1212947131679625217

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:laffo:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cda posted:

The real danger here for Iran is that they can't control the response from their proxies.

which is made even more likely by the fact we just killed the guy who was interfacing with their proxies

THS
Sep 15, 2017

death to america

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
you know, i'm all about that DTA and DTI, but i'm really struggling to see how iran can respond to this in any meaningful way that doesn't result in their ultimately coming out the worse

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

does anyone have that rand paper with an analysis of in theater missile supplies and the required force size to maintain enough strike capacity against mobile launchers over the course of months? i think it was something like that.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
twitter put me in jail for being mad online about illegal war so now I get to crack open the whiskey

https://twitter.com/gommunisd/status/1212956453688004608

i'm not fuckin' sleeping tonight lmfao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Are U Ready 4 This

*does the loud blaring airhorn over barely audible dance music dance*

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

this strikes me as a very interesting moment

either the us will pay for its overzealous incursions

or middle eastern colonization resistors will find themselves unable to respond in kind and american hegemony will be one step closer to complete

its the test many people have wanted for years: the open assassination of a celebrated foreign military leader without a declaration of hostilities. either the us is untouchable and the neocons were right or shits about to get real bad

Yeah that's mostly how I'm feeling about this. This is the kind of situation forced escalations are born of, there is a huge amount of incentive for Iran not to back down. Either US hegemony is still peaking or we're about to see real open retaliation against for the first time in a long time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

trump did not "lose interest" in venezuela, guaido or whoever is still there attempting to shoot down colombian airplanes with us money
yeah like just last week some anti maduro thugs killed a troop and stole weapons from a venezuelan barracks to stage a false flag shoot down of an airliner but got nabbed. meanwhile theres been an outrageously fascist coup in bolivia, while australia is the latest continent to catch on fire. maybe nuclear winter will save us. just remember, the tankies are right and always have been

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

RaySmuckles posted:

you know, i'm all about that DTA and DTI, but i'm really struggling to see how iran can respond to this in any meaningful way that doesn't result in their ultimately coming out the worse

I’m struggling to see how america would respond to shitloads of us body bags and images of sinking warships, but then again I suppose I am naively optimistic that domestic hegemony isn’t as all powerful as it seems

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fast Luck posted:

just remember, the tankies are right and always have been

this guy gets it

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

twitter put me in jail for being mad online about illegal war so now I get to crack open the whiskey

https://twitter.com/gommunisd/status/1212956453688004608

i'm not fuckin' sleeping tonight lmfao

Highlighting a factually accurate part of both people's tweets and then ignoring the parts where they differ significantly on whether or not this was an appropriate response to that fact to pretend they're the same is weird. I promise Bernie isn't going to come out and say Soleimani was actually good.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1212952194498093057

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That's insane, wtf.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

gently caress

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, that sure is normal

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sinteres posted:

Highlighting a factually accurate part of both people's tweets and then ignoring the parts where they differ significantly on whether or not this was an appropriate response to that fact to pretend they're the same is weird. I promise Bernie isn't going to come out and say Soleimani was actually good.

Ah good the liberals are here to tell us that war is actually good when you think about it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What the actual gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lmao

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Isn't it amazing how the us seems to keep doing this???

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

Ah good the liberals are here to tell us that war is actually good when you think about it.

That's not what I said at all. Soleimani obviously did kill Americans, which is the part Warren and Cheney agreed upon, but doubling down on our mistake by continuing to get in stupid wars in the Middle East won't bring them back or anything, and it'll get more Americans (and far, far more non-Americans) killed, so killing him was stupid, and that's the part Warren and Cheney didn't agree upon, so pretending they're the same is bullshit.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/notdagotron/status/1212931445498363904?s=19

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Addamere posted:

which is made even more likely by the fact we just killed the guy who was interfacing with their proxies

yeah that's correct. that's how Iran could end up in a war here. Other than that, though, I don't think it will happen; I don't believe that they'll pursue a course of action that will lead to war.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iranian leaders are smart, levelheaded, but their economy has been crippled by the US sanctions and followed by mass protests. They are backed into a corner and have the cause and motivation to launch a widespread retaliatory attack. Seems like a crazy thing to happen, but you know what else is crazy? THE US ASSASSINATING A LEBANESE PARTY OFFICIAL ON IRAQI SOIL

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They had to spin it somehow, and americans are stupid enough that if you told them we just killed the big bad they'd swallow it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

f*ck yeah

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Have any Democrats at all supported this?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it really is amazing how much our loving media loves a war

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Sinteres posted:

They're using the exact same really weirdly constructed phrase. It's interesting to see how stuff like that circulates.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

This is amazing. Im.crying

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

love this sort of grade school discourse

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Hell yes let the cheerleading begin

Tputm finally became president

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

My only consulation is that the media have always been lovely ghouls, all throughout time

but jesus christ

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

cda posted:

yeah that's correct. that's how Iran could end up in a war here. Other than that, though, I don't think it will happen; I don't believe that they'll pursue a course of action that will lead to war.
Hmm how could Iran end up in a war here

(US breaks deescalation deal)

I don't think Iran will end up in a war here

(US assassinates their top general)

Well, the only way Iran could end up in a war here is...

BRO IRAN IS GOING TO BE DRAGGED INTO WAR REGARDLESS BRO AND MAY ALREADY HAVE BEEN

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

sickos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Bad guys no. 1, 2, and 4