Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

99% of Americans had no idea who this guy was until today, and I doubt that a majority of them give a poo poo that he's dead now. I think it's safe to just say no more war.

Heard a guy at the bar tonight already doing that and exhausted all of my willpower avoiding the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The american people have an endless appetite for war actually

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Aljazeera English streams live on youtube. I suggest kicking that on for background noise regarding this fuckup. Mostly because you're not going to hear "TRUMP" every three seconds in a bullshit debate that goes nowhere.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Meshka posted:

Think of it as a parity of power. They have none. For every attack against American citizens the relatianion will be ten fold. Maybe attacking american personel was not the wise strategic choice on their part.

Who the gently caress are you nerd? Are you loving high? Iran has really good cyber warfare dudes and also connections to a lot of really bad people who likely have zero day backdoors to every major utility and medical system in the US. poo poo they quite likely have ways to get into secure government networks too. They also have control of the Straits of Hormuz, if you close that off to US ships, or go bigger and close it to all merchant shipping, the economy is gonna take a major poo poo because oil will spike hard. Starting a war with Iran is monumentally stupid, nuclear proliferation issues aside, nothing good will come of it and a whole lot of bad poo poo is gonna happen for no loving reason other than someone whispered in trump's ear that wartime presidents get re-elected.

Maybe dropping a bomb on a dude at an airport was not a wise strategic choice on Supreme Leader Drumpf's part?

E: Meshka, if you are in the military, decisions like what happened tonight get you killed. If you're not in the military, you're a chickenhawk piece of poo poo and I would love nothing better than to hand you a loving M4 and a parachute and drop you into a combat zone to see the "glory" of war up close and personal.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 3, 2020

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Never been more glad to have failed that Farsi DLPT.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
How are you gonna pay for universal healthcare when we have to fight this war?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol this is so hosed.

I remember being gung-ho army fuckhead like meshka at one point, but never over something so blatantly ignorant on our own hands. That'd be like cheerleading for Lynndie England types, but worse, in this instance.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

fknlo posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertMLee/status/1212928896745775104?s=20

Outside of whatever is going to happen on the ground over there, I'd imagine that some cyber warfare stuff is going to be the biggest way they can hit back right?

Yes. And Iran has already shown they have the ability to launch fairly sophisticated cyberwarfare attacks, such as the 2012 usage of the Shamoon virus on SaudiAramco.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/unabanned/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a party of such utter, singular villainy that it is an indictment against all of us that they're still politically relevant.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Holy poo poo having world leaders tweet stupid poo poo at one another is the loving stupidest development in international diplomacy in a hot second. Nothing like calling out your dipshit rival publicly and in the immediate moments after an event.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

2020 will finally see twitter hot takes surpass methane as a leading cause for global warming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Holy poo poo having world leaders tweet stupid poo poo at one another is the loving stupidest development in international diplomacy in a hot second. Nothing like calling out your dipshit rival publicly and in the immediate moments after an event.

You just know jack loves this poo poo too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

Nah, he owns a lot of hotels so a ton of innocent people would be killed.

Most of the rooms are being “used” by Entities who probably aren’t physically within 1000 miles of the front doors.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think he means more the local employees

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think he means more the local employees

Oops yeah. Absolutely.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Would be a gigantic middle finger directly to the orange fecal smear himself though, so I can see it happening. Would also hit him in his most tender spot, the ego. Any attack on the US or US interests will be filtered through his "Does my base give a gently caress about this y/n? Because I personally don't." thought process.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ive been stealing the bibles from trump properties from years

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ive been stealing the bibles from trump properties from years

And in 2016 God said “payback, bitch.” Congrats, you caused all of this.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
LIBERATORS

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1213079294194442240?s=19

I SAID WE'RE LIBERATORS GODDAMNIT, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY

https://twitter.com/IraqiGovt/status/1213040120456253442?s=19

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I get that this is just a boilerplate statement but lmao at the idea of invoking Iraq sovereignty when talking about the US.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Buttcoin purse posted:

If the Lollipop Guild said "thank you President Trump for saving us, please come to Munchkin Land so we can give you a great reward, the biggest reward, at a secret ceremony which you have to attend all by yourself", do you think it'd work?

Also :rip: a lot of deleted tweets from the last few pages :tinfoil::

I assume at least the last one was maybe the deleted tweet referred to by this one?
https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1212949051269931009

luckily it was still open in my browser from last night:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

lol msnbc

The media got rock loving hard over the Iraq invasion, even the """liberal""" networks, because it meant more money for them. They're already working themselves up to half mast over this, they don't give a poo poo as long as it gets clicks and views.

It was CNBC, which is not the same as MSNBC. CNBC is where Rick Santelli gave his infamous rant about how poors were getting help in the recession and that we need a "tea party" to make sure poors don't get any more tax money from rich white people.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/curtmills/status/1213089406900420613?s=21

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/MichaelSSmithII/status/1213090250928594947?s=20 :toot:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

MILLIONS

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Truly a man of diplomacy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The only real surprise there is that he isn't calling him CRAZY or CRYIN'

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Looking forward to the Jon Oliver piece on the increasingly severe similes used to describe the event.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Not enough random quotes or capitalization. Staff tweet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

colachute posted:

Not enough random quotes or capitalization. Staff tweet.

I love that we can tell that it's not a direct tweet because it lacks enough signs of mental and physical impairment of the author.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Iran is going to gear up for a major war, the GOP is going to :catstare: when they see public opinion swinging massively against them and immediately impeach Trunp, figuratively serving him up on a silver platter to the Iranians

I mean, this is what might happen in a sane world.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Iran is going to gear up for a major war, the GOP is going to :catstare: when they see public opinion swinging massively against them and immediately impeach Trunp, figuratively serving him up on a silver platter to the Iranians

thats what happened when bush bombed iraq right

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol we're loving stuck with Trump and this coming war. I'd love to think otherwise but I'm not gonna lie to myself.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

this sounds important

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1213103642988793858

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I meant to say LOL lol.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot Karl Marx posted:

thats what happened when bush bombed iraq right

Bush was still riding the 9/11 high. Even today people probably still think we invaded Iraq because of 9/11, which makes it justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

State propaganda arm working as intended.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/paul-manafort-said-sean-hannity-served-as-his-trump-backchannel-docs

quote:

Paul Manafort said he used Fox News host Sean Hannity to receive backchannel messages from President Donald Trump while prosecutors investigated him for financial crimes, according to newly released memos from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Among the several hundred pages of memos published by BuzzFeed News on Thursday, which contain summaries of FBI interviews with key Trump administration and campaign officials, the Fox News anchor’s alleged role as an unofficial messenger between the president and his former campaign chairman comes into sharp focus.

According to the release, Manafort did not speak to Trump or anyone closely associated with the president or his legal team besides Hannity around the time that The New York Times and other outlets reported on a 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Manafort, Donald Trump Jr., and Jared Kushner and a lawyer linked to the Kremlin. Manafort described Hannity as a close friend and “certainly a backchannel” to Trump, saying that he understood Hannity was in communication with the president.

“Manafort knew Hannity was speaking to Trump because Hannity would tell Manafort to hang in there, that he had been talking to Trump, that Trump had his back, and things like that,” the memos said. “Manafort understood his conversations with Hannity to be a message from Trump.”

The memos did note that while Manafort understood he could attempt to send messages back to Trump through other close Trump confidantes, including former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and businessman Tom Barrack, he “never did so.”