Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

AtomD posted:

good nickname for the blue lives matter movement

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Triskaidekaphobia (/ˌtrɪskaɪˌdɛkəˈfoʊbiə/ TRIS-kye-DEK-ə-FOH-bee-ə, /ˌtrɪskə-/ TRIS-kə-; from Ancient Greek τρεισκαίδεκα (treiskaídeka), meaning 'thirteen', and Ancient Greek φόβος (phóbos), meaning 'fear')[1] is fear or avoidance of the number 13. It is also a reason for the fear of Friday the 13th, called paraskevidekatriaphobia (from Ancient Greek Παρασκευή (Paraskevi), meaning 'Friday', Ancient Greek δεκατρείς (dekatreís), meaning 'thirteen', and Ancient Greek φόβος (phóbos), meaning 'fear') or friggatriskaidekaphobia (from Old Norse Frigg, meaning 'Frigg', Ancient Greek τρεισκαίδεκα (treiskaídeka), meaning 'thirteen', and Ancient Greek φόβος (phóbos), meaning 'fear').

:goonsay:

Real card, not out of one of the joke sets

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

AtomD posted:

good nickname for the blue lives matter movement

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

He correctly enough told the farmers of his time, that as fine hoed ground is not so long soaked by rain, so the dews never suffer it to become perfectly dry. This appears by the plants which flourish in this, whilst those in the hard ground are starved. In the driest weather good hoeing procures moisture to the roots of plants, though the ignorant and incurious fancy it lets in the drought

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

elaborate english wikipedia appearing well

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Killing Jelq posted:

He correctly enough told the farmers of his time, that as fine hoed ground is not so long soaked by rain, so the dews never suffer it to become perfectly dry. This appears by the plants which flourish in this, whilst those in the hard ground are starved. In the driest weather good hoeing procures moisture to the roots of plants, though the ignorant and incurious fancy it lets in the drought

Please tell me more about good hoeing.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
thank's

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

banime

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Parodies of tiocfaidh ár lá include:

Chucky
an English-language pronunciation spelling of tiocfaidh, it is slang for an Irish Republican (sometimes shortened to Chuck).[42]

"Tiocfaidh Armani"
mocking Sinn Féin's move towards respectability from the peace process[43][44]

"Tiocfaidh Ar La La"
on T-shirts depicting the eponymous Teletubby as an IRA member.[45]

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

We're Going to Eat You has been released under several titles, including Hell Has No Gates, No Door to Hell, We Are Going to Eat You, We're Going to Eat You! and Kung Fu Cannibals.[1] Tsui has panned the film itself, saying that "it didn't turn out good".[4]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Best Buy announced Penna as the $15,000 winner of their Tech-U-Out Video Challenge. He was also a finalist in the "Oreo Global Moments" video competition. Ford selected Penna as a Fiesta Agent for the 2009 Ford Fiesta Movement.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Manky Tungeon posted:

thank's

also fyi mods it wasnt a weird drive-by it was a worthless thing on wikipedia, lol

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Suspicious Dish posted:

also fyi mods it wasnt a weird drive-by it was a worthless thing on wikipedia, lol

I mean it was, but it was also a bunch of drawings looking up young girls’ skirts, which should definitely be probatable and not just in a lol-no-anime-in-yospos way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wouldnt have minded it as a :nws: link

fwiw i didnt report it, i just said banime lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

wouldnt have minded it as a :nws: link

fwiw i didnt report it, i just said banime lol

this actually pages graph

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It was the worst thing I have seen from wikipedia, just not the 'haha' sort of worst.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

end of list

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

akadajet posted:

this actually pages graph

:ohdear:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Scarodactyl posted:

It was the worst thing I have seen from wikipedia, just not the 'haha' sort of worst.

i woulda preferred seeing pain olympics as a young teen again

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Methods_of_Rationality

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

He is an avid video game player; his favourites include Ico, Elite, The Legend of Zelda and Red Dead Redemption.[94]

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010
Cagar, just as in Portuguese, is a verb meaning "to poo poo." It also means to screw (something) up, e.g. ¡Te cagaste los pantalones! ("You poo poo your pants!"). Particularly in Spain and Cuba, there are a number of commonly used interjections incorporating this verb, many of which refer to defecating on something sacred, e.g. Me cago en Dios ("I poo poo on God"), Me cago en la Virgen ("I poo poo on the Virgin"), Me cago en la hostia ("I poo poo on the communion host"), Me cago en el copón ("I poo poo in the Ciborium"), Me cago en tu madre ("I take a poo poo on your mother"), Cágate en tu madre ("Take a poo poo on your mother"), ¡Me cago en la leche! ("I take a poo poo in the milk!"). "Me cago en el coño de tu madre" (Lit: I poo poo in your mother's oval office) is the strongest offense among Cubans. In Cuba, to soften the word in social gatherings, the "g" is substituted by the "s".[a] See below.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

CLASS 2 PERVERSION posted:

Cagar, just as in Portuguese, is a verb meaning "to poo poo." It also means to screw (something) up, e.g. ¡Te cagaste los pantalones! ("You poo poo your pants!"). Particularly in Spain and Cuba, there are a number of commonly used interjections incorporating this verb, many of which refer to defecating on something sacred, e.g. Me cago en Dios ("I poo poo on God"), Me cago en la Virgen ("I poo poo on the Virgin"), Me cago en la hostia ("I poo poo on the communion host"), Me cago en el copón ("I poo poo in the Ciborium"), Me cago en tu madre ("I take a poo poo on your mother"), Cágate en tu madre ("Take a poo poo on your mother"), ¡Me cago en la leche! ("I take a poo poo in the milk!"). "Me cago en el coño de tu madre" (Lit: I poo poo in your mother's oval office) is the strongest offense among Cubans. In Cuba, to soften the word in social gatherings, the "g" is substituted by the "s".[a] See below.

not worthless imo

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

latins

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

In Texas, the birth of the first white child is recorded in local histories on the county level.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

quote:

The Wizzy Active Lifestyle Telephone (W.A.L.T.) was a prototype "phone companion" created by Apple Computer in collaboration with BellSouth.[1][2][3] W.A.L.T. featured: "touchscreen, fax functionality, on-display caller ID, a built-in address book, customizable ringtones, and online banking access".[3] The system was based on the PowerBook 100, and included touchscreen, stylus, and handwriting recognition.[1][2] The operating system was based on System 6 with a HyperCard GUI.[1][2] Announced in 1993, the system was not mass-produced.[1] A prototype machine was sold on eBay in 2012 for US$8,000.[1] In 2019 a video demonstration of a prototype machine was uploaded to the internet.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizzy_Active_Lifestyle_Telephone

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Dare you enter my telephonic realm?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hypercard kicked so much rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Krankenstyle posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Krankenstyle posted:

:hai:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Chlorpropamide, while effective in the treatment of diabetics in patients of Chinese descent, should never be used in people of Mongolian descent.[citation needed]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im teh leachate.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it'd be pretty neat if someone made a web player for hypercard stacks. I still have a pile of stuff I made going back to ~1990. Games, animations, an M:tG card database

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
He remarked the most beautiful thing he has ever heard is Ronstadt singing the Spanish Plow King jingle.[7]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert, was influenced by the episode as broadcast on April 24, 1997, as the Dilbert comic strip six days later on April 30, 1997, had a direct reference to "yada yada".[5]

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

He remarked the most beautiful thing he has ever heard is Ronstadt singing the Spanish Plow King jingle.[7]

Extremely incorrect thread to post this in.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i like that they color-coded the arrows but labeled them with the opposite color coding at like 50 times the saturation

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In the 2000 video game Spyro: Year of the Dragon, two characters appear in the Icy Peak level whose names are Bob and Doug. The level is a land of ice and snow, and there are references in certain areas of the level to ice skating and ice hockey, as well as a use of the phrase "Take off, hoser!" The characters the player interacts with in the level seem to speak with Canadian accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The index has been criticised for not accurately reflecting the true cost of the gifts featured in the Christmas carol.[93]