Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year

Lizard Wizard posted:

was this by any chance due to tietuesday streaming it?

Just a coincidence since I don't watch video game streamers! I got a GBA Everdrive on Black Friday and I've been a fan of Gumby since basically forever so I took the game out for a spin. It's... fine, just point A to point B platforming with some light collecting. The spritework is quite good. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

cda posted:

baba is you is really good but i am so incredibly stuck on a level where it just seems like there's nothing to do

I think everyone got stuck on that one

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

beer pal posted:

im finally playing sekiro and im really bad at it !!

I had to futz with my tv to get the latency down before I could play sekiro. have you tried that?

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

vanisher

mysterious frankie posted:

I had to futz with my tv to get the latency down before I could play sekiro. have you tried that?

Wait is that why I suck at it

beer pal

i had some frame rate problems here and there but ive got those sorted out i think. the problem is that i was very much a circle strafe with your shield up kind of dark souls player and in sekiro you really need to be aggressive and you have to parry. feels like im starting to get the hang of it a bit more now though, i beat the horse guy in only like 8 tries

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the horse guy imo was a super cool fight

sekiro is a cool game in how open it is immediately following that, but it also means that i have three or four bosses as brick walls telling me i suck as opposed to only one

beer pal

yeah i must have done like 20 attempts on madam butterfly and the game was like.. you know you can go do something else right

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
having lots of options to explore if you get frustrated is why sekiro and dark souls 2 are the best from games... in my humble if correct opinion... dark souls 1 is also okay at it gently caress but dark souls 3

demon's souls is also good at it but that game is too drat hard!!!

Bonaventure fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 2, 2020

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bobby Deluxe

vanisher posted:

do you have a game mode on your tv

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
communist disco cop simulator disco elysium is good and cool

so far i've punched out a 12 year old boy (it's okay later i stole him some drugs - we're friends now), kick flipped a racist in the head, and invented an entirely new genre of music

also you're supposed to solve a murder, idk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

beer pal

you gave the drugs to the kid huh... i bet kim was very disappointed in you

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
kim was busy taking some lady to jail

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
i got death stranding for xmas but ADIDAS (all day i dream about sekiro)

----------------

Bobby Deluxe

i worry that by the time i can afford death stranding it will have been so long that

a. nobody else is playing so i miss out on the shortcuts from other players

b. if the constructs from other players persist then basically every area will already have been built on, so i miss out on the feel good of helping other players

c. the tories will have started openly hunting the poor for sport

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
it's weird because i really enjoy it while i'm playing it but i need to convince myself to start playing it again

----------------

FreshCutFries

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i worry that by the time i can afford death stranding it will have been so long that

a. nobody else is playing so i miss out on the shortcuts from other players

b. if the constructs from other players persist then basically every area will already have been built on, so i miss out on the feel good of helping other players

c. the tories will have started openly hunting the poor for sport

a. you won't
b. they don't
c. a genuine concern

Korean Boomhauer

vanisher posted:

i thought i suxx0red at fps until i got a mouse with a good sensor which is surprisingly cheap

i put a ton of effort into iput devices so if anyone needs pointers (HAH) i can help

Korean Boomhauer
*picks up old logitech mouse*

old man gave me that when i was in grade 7. seen a lotta action. optical sensor. cursor trails... always on.

joke_explainer

My second play through of disco elysium where I had volition and inland empire completely changed the game for me. Was awesome both times

mysterious frankie

vanisher posted:

coooooould be. I was able to get to a certain point in the game with my tv settings lousy, then could not get the timing on this one particular boss down and it was driving me crazy, like, is this it? is this the moment where the only thing my reflexes are good for is playing match games on my phone? then I turned on game mode and went through disabling anything on the tv that did post processing\messed with the image before presenting it and all of a sudden I was a lot better at sekiro. it's way more reliant on fast response times than bloodborne and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the dark souls games, so latency is the true double secret boss of the game.

I also found a site that had configuration steps for video on my model tv, so it ended up looking pretty nice afterward as well.

----------------

mysterious frankie

I feel like most of the time console developers try to compensate for the massive latency the bells and whistles, on by default, in modern tvs create, but From was like "they'll figure out what's wrong. or they won't. eh."

----------------

Bobby Deluxe

I also found a site that had configuration steps for video on my model tv, so it ended up looking pretty nice afterward as well.
oh poo poo yeah, when i got my tv the default was contrast at 90 and everything looked blown out and godawful, i regretted my black friday baby the second i turned it on

spent a day going through all the settings and now it looks so very pretty. hdr does not seem to work in games that have it, but thats apparently because hdr and game mode are incompatible on my tv - even though the ps4 and tv are both sony, it just looks washed out and awful. normal colour looks great anyway.

vanisher

is this the moment where the only thing my reflexes are good for is playing match games on my phone?

This thought is real and I have had it many times

LethalGeek

Post processing should be off by default as it's an awful loving feature. It effects us a ton while the average person staring at a screen will have no idea if it's on or not.

I've turned that setting off on any TV I find, idc if it's mine or not. No one ever brings it up later

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

LethalGeek posted:

Post processing should be off by default as it's an awful loving feature. It effects us a ton while the average person staring at a screen will have no idea if it's on or not.

I've turned that setting off on any TV I find, idc if it's mine or not. No one ever brings it up later

It's set that way because it is noticeable when compared directly to another TV on the store floor. Also some people like all the stupid effects, mostly because they paid for them!

My dad will absolutely flip his poo poo if you change the settings on the TV when you are over. It's also a selling point. He's really proud of a bunch of buzzword features that don't do anything but make the picture look worse. The person directing the movie or TV show knows what they are doing let them and the editors do all of that poo poo for you. gently caress. It doesn't look better it looks different.

He enters every contest at every store and he won the TV and it's way outside his normal budget, but it's also like 8 years old now and a $500 TV would look better but he wont hear it because this thing was really expensive when he won it.

So yes people notice, the people that notice specifically look for it though and think a company wouldn't charge for features that make things look worse.

sig by owlhawk911

Bobby Deluxe

i hate that frame interpolation realmotion thing, it's awful and every time I go round someone's house who has it on my skin itches with wanting to turn it off

Rockman Reserve

food court bailiff posted:

speaking of puzzles on the switch someone sell me either way on the layton game, the one with the girl layton Katrielle

i'm thinking either that or pkmn shield which will undoubtedly be mildly fun backed by a howling, shrieking chorus about how old it makes me feel

quoting myself here to say i got drunk and ended up with both

haven't even tried layton yet tbh because when i chose my starter in shield he fist-bumped me and i was horribly ensorcelled by charm

Bobby Deluxe

did you choose the sad pokemon

Rockman Reserve

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i hate that frame interpolation realmotion thing, it's awful and every time I go round someone's house who has it on my skin itches with wanting to turn it off

i finally got my geezer parents to admit it looked lovely when we were watching a bluray of christmas vacation on their TV and the wallpaper jumped and danced like it was animated by an extra coked out john k any time someone walked in front of it

Rockman Reserve

Bobby Deluxe posted:

did you choose the sad pokemon

no, i went with the bunny cuz my wife was thinking of trying the monkey, but i'm planning on messing around with it on different accounts in a couple different languages and the sad one is definitely my next choice

pixaal

food court bailiff posted:

quoting myself here to say i got drunk and ended up with both

haven't even tried layton yet tbh because when i chose my starter in shield he fist-bumped me and i was horribly ensorcelled by charm

Sword Shield is great, everything about it is something I would have been so goddamned excited over. It's exactly what I thought Pokemon Stadium was going to be, then was kind of disappointed then got really excited about again because battling friends on the TV in 3D was just that cool.

End game could be longer but I still got over 100 hours of enjoyment out of it. That's plenty of any game.

sig by owlhawk911

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

joke_explainer posted:

My second play through of disco elysium where I had volition and inland empire completely changed the game for me. Was awesome both times

inland empire is very good

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
finished the witcher 3 last night finally, and it was also, very good

biosterous

does anyone want to hear about an online crime rpg i play?

i make spreadsheets to plan things out for it so you know it's gonna be a blast

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pixaal

biosterous posted:

does anyone want to hear about an online crime rpg i play?

i make spreadsheets to plan things out for it so you know it's gonna be a blast

Do I only need to spend like 5 minutes a day playing it? How do I help?

I want to help you do a virtual crime, in virtual space

sig by owlhawk911

biosterous

you can spend a few minutes daily and make slow progress

torn.com

i don't want to spam my referral link but you can pm me for it if you want me to get nice things if you play long enough

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i am gradually convincing my faction (gang) in the game that our motto should be "drink beer and do crimes"

gallery of sigs

he/him

pixaal

I'm pretty sure goons have played this before, I know have an account around somewhere.

sig by owlhawk911

biosterous

this doesn't surprise me, the game is pretty old and also crimes.

i'm new-ish at it (like four months so far) but i'm having lots of fun and my faction is nice. it is fun to chat with them and do crimes (and laugh at how absurd the game is)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie

vanisher posted:

This thought is real and I have had it many times

I think kicking the can of admitting my own obsolescence down the road has been the number one performance driver in my life.

----------------