Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

punchymcpunch posted:

thanks, i love your... well, frequent reposts of the same picture of liza minelli being menaced by a room full of trumps

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

You can not be too high to get drafted.

thats what Up was about

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/rezahakbari/status/984419496772456449?s=20

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

punchymcpunch posted:

thats what Up was about

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

How wouldn't it be?

well you need a big big brain for this one

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/03/mike-pompeo-us-war-iran-093149

quote:

"We took action last night to stop a war. We did not take action to start a war,"

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
the bigliest brain

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I love your lps btw

:stare::yooge:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Man popular discourse is "how could I dodge the draft for WWIII," people aren't exactly jazzed about this. And considering Iraq is gonna kick us out and who knows what happens next, I don't see this as anything other than a blip in the polls. The natsec apparatus is probably all whole hog for Trump, but they always loving were and who knows how long it'll be before he fucks up some other decades long project.

The old world is dying. The monsters are here. But we have to help the new one be born.

RAW IS WAR

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
the expanse is really good

I want that angry belter captain lady to come over and yell at me about what a piece of poo poo I am

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gamers rise up

by dodging the Call of Duty and staying at home to jack it to Call of Duty

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

CNBC reporter asking the big questions

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1213207449731293185

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Looks like I need to send my resume to Iran TV.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Man popular discourse is "how could I dodge the draft for WWIII," people aren't exactly jazzed about this. And considering Iraq is gonna kick us out and who knows what happens next, I don't see this as anything other than a blip in the polls. The natsec apparatus is probably all whole hog for Trump, but they always loving were and who knows how long it'll be before he fucks up some other decades long project.

The old world is dying. The monsters are here. But we have to help the new one be born.

Yeah this is gonna be extremely instructive in cspam not being immune to news narratives, cause this war is super unpopular already and goons will keep shouting "gently caress Americans love this war!!!" Because they saw 3 tweets of Jake tapper masturbating to a picture of a dead Arab kid

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

uhhhhhh

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

imagine if greys anatomy had a dick doctor called Dr Ayatollah Khomeni or some poo poo. dr jezza corbyn

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Elephanthead posted:

How wouldn't it be?

Thinking about that Bernie interview had where the interviewer said, "But it just would have been a limited strike."

Edited

OhFunny has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Jan 4, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I guess I'm just anticipating the deluge of mainstream media sources making the case for war, at first subtly and then more blatantly, while the overwhelming majority of the opposition party being totally on board as long as Trump asks nicely first, and I have to imagine that'll have some sort of effect on the public perception of the whole thing.

I'm gonna try my best to hope I'm wrong.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

next time trimp goes to the UK he should land a helicopter right on top of Stonehenge

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Drafting hitting right during my invincibility frames, too bad!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

I guess I'm just anticipating the deluge of mainstream media sources making the case for war, at first subtly and then more blatantly, while the overwhelming majority of the opposition party being totally on board as long as Trump asks nicely first, and I have to imagine that'll have some sort of effect on the public perception of the whole thing.

spoiler, it works every time!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

dads friend steve posted:

I can’t imagine how succ you have to be to work for Bloomberg

People are working for him for one of two reasons. Either they believe that the democratic party moving left on economic issues must be avoided at all costs, or they are straight up milking that cash cow for all it's worth and building a resume.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assassinate posted:

to murder (a usually prominent person) by sudden or secret attack often for political reasons

yup

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tainen posted:

I want that angry belter captain lady to come over and yell at me about what a piece of poo poo I am

just go to pyf and make an honest attempt to post amusing pictures

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agean90 posted:

Yeah this is gonna be extremely instructive in cspam not being immune to news narratives, cause this war is super unpopular already and goons will keep shouting "gently caress Americans love this war!!!" Because they saw 3 tweets of Jake tapper masturbating to a picture of a dead Arab kid

We watch the news all day there's no way we won't be

Harrow posted:

Well, I mean, who knows. But going to war with Iran has been a punchline about endless war for decades, and Trump ran on getting out of middle eastern entanglements and people were cool with that. His cult will follow him anywhere, but I guess we just have to hope they're not all that significant.

I also don't think Trump wants to go to war with Iran in a conventional sense, cause we loving are but he's not acting like it! I don't think he wants to invade. He's talking like this strike was a smart one that would de-escalate tensions, instead of the dumbest loving thing possible if you wanted to calm things down and keep the region peaceful. And again, Iraq is gonna loving kick us out, they're drafting legislation right now to do it. I don't think this looks cool and good in a few months time, or even a few week's time. While the same ghouls who loved that he bombed an empty airfield love it, most everyone else is on edge about the prospect of a war or even a world ending conflict.

Again, who the gently caress knows. No one knows. No one knows anything. But I remember what the rampup to the Iraq war was like, and I remember the feeling of bloodlust and a desire to hurt... someone. Something terrible had happened, america's mind snapped. I don't see anyone other than the type of people who are still mad about Pearl Harbor wanting to get into it with Iran.

Grondoth has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Jan 4, 2020

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Harrow posted:

trump won't ask nicely and then to save face the dems will decide to pretend that he did

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Reported for account sharing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

checks out, also democracy.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

no, we started 2 wars and marched around several countries looking for him. he was considered kill-on-sight by about half the world's popuation for a decade. it was all really quite loud and public.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Posting posts by banned posters? The sanctity of the ban has been violated.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

if the draft comes right at you it's possible to get it with a mikiri counter and then finish it with a shinobi deathblow

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

superpiss

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've always liked Iran, very cool history and people. What the gently caress is boomer's problem with them? Still mad the cia hosed up hard? Maybe theyre just jelly Iran beat America to the whole reactionary theocracy bit.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

no, we started 2 wars and marched around several countries looking for him. he was considered kill-on-sight by about half the world's popuation for a decade. it was all really quite loud and public.

the actual attack when he was killed was both sudden and secret though

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Tainen posted:

horny is prohibited

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

what we did to Suleimani is the very definition of assassination

You could probably argue that killing Osama wasn't an assassination since he possibly had a gun and might have fought back

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Qurnah posted:

the actual attack when he was killed was both sudden and secret though

get the gently caress out, lib

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

NPR was pushing hard this morning, it was hilarious. Interviewed a retired general just gassed that war was back on the menu.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

next youll tell me that ezio "assassinated" cesare borgia and then was like wheres the golden egg of the ancients cesare and cesare was like coughg cough its in cough its in cough its in the cough the vatican and then ezio said requiascat in pace

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I've always liked Iran, very cool history and people. What the gently caress is boomer's problem with them? Still mad the cia hosed up hard? Maybe theyre just jelly Iran beat America to the whole reactionary theocracy bit.

Brown Muslims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014