Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

good i don't want to be if this is how people act when others try to help them.

Yeah, sure helping a lot with

Spanish Manlove posted:

rofl this is some fuckin insane C tier afternoon USA whodunnit poo poo. Come on dude.

When it's...kinda what is going on. Such a help. You want to help? Then help. Don't dismiss legitimate things going on when the concern is "hey all the FYADers are dismissing this legitimate thing that's been going on"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

scary ghost dog posted:

There were, there are. It’s our responsibility to make sure there won’t be.

As it should be.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gimli and Legolas for totes. But who else?

I mean it's mostly people who pair them (correct, and canon) and some old 2004-era holdouts who just want aragorn and Legolas to have sex because they're more traditionally attractive. these people get dunked on for being SHALLOW. this has been happening for 15 years

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dryzen posted:

yeah like his most famous concern troll of telling people in the star citizen subforum that doxxing is bad lol

Joker's trick

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Spanish Manlove posted:

If this is how people "try to help" trans posters then these people really need some of that same "help" themselves.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Sestze posted:

no I'm pretty sure you were posting a bunch of whiny stuff in QCS a while back, might be confusing you with someone else

but you've got literal pages of concern trolling probations, everyone's aware of your shtick.

every single one of your posts is concern trolling

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Queen Combat posted:

When it's...kinda what is going on. Such a help.

that Dumb Lowtax post is absolutely not what is going on. Arfjason and Cuntellectual are two different people and neither of them, as far as anyone knows, is an alt. There's no "don't share your alts dude" conspiracy.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ArfJason posted:

btw windmillslayer literally got doxxed stalked and harassed by offsite posters for being trans. hell, even onsite, a byob mod traced her address from a purchase she made from him. ppl even commented on how "rapeable" she looked, so gently caress off about saying that the abuse on her wasn't real. youre irredeemably awful if you dismiss this.

i don't think anyone said this, either here or anywhere else, and i will personally repudiate it right now

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dryzen posted:

yeah like his most famous concern troll of telling people in the star citizen subforum that doxxing is bad lol

One good deed does not a saint make.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
We got angry at windmissslayer for being a poo poo in the thread, not for whatever the gently caress you think arf

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

now that I think about it after seeing "gently caress" posted a lot on the last few pages, I feel that word really does prove that English has the best swears. No other language has such useful curse words. The closest a foreign word I know of has come to "gently caress" is the Polish "kurwa", but it's just a syllable too long.

I dunno about other languages but i have always appreciated the great breadth English has. A lot of words that just reflect a zeitgeist in a single word. Loads of information/context, it's probably present in other languages but it doesn't make it own any less. Shame about everything else though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

When it's...kinda what is going on. Such a help. You want to help? Then help. Don't dismiss legitimate things going on when the concern is "hey all the FYADers are dismissing this legitimate thing that's been going on"

I'm having trouble parsing that exact post and please understand I'm not trying to bully you, but if what the post is implying is that Arf and Cuntellectual are the same poster besides just me there are plenty of people who can vouch that they are very different people with different posting styles and in fact seem to be in different hemispheres.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

"you weren't explicitly nice to me so now i won't be an ally"

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Spanish Manlove posted:

FYI asking people not to be mad when there are things to be mad about is really lovely, and so is playing the :decorum: victim when you were the first one to start being hostile for no reason.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

woozy pawsies posted:

nah their posts are pretty on point and accurately describing what's up

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

woozy pawsies posted:

this is worse than twitter

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

hi i heard this is the SaGa thread? I been currently playing Scarlet Grace Ambitions and I been doing Urpina's run and its pretty fun. I really enjoy this combat system.

I died in my second fight. I think I need to swap out one of the armor guys for mage or something.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Sharkopath posted:

I'm having trouble parsing that exact post and please understand I'm not trying to bully you, but if what the post is implying is that Arf and Cuntellectual are the same poster besides just me there are plenty of people who can vouch that they are very different people with different posting styles and in fact seem to be in different hemispheres.

They are not the same people, the post is about two separate issues as far as I see. Arf is bein' a poo poo, but also cuntellectual is a clear alt for somebody (there have been many PM and discord messages between myself and CE, this much is clear)

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

woozy pawsies posted:

that's assuming i don't care, woozie, noted FYAD poster.

i do, i think this forum is better without FYAD, and I have believed that for at least ten years now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

They are not the same people, the post is about two separate issues as far as I see. Arf is bein' a poo poo, but also cuntellectual is a clear alt for somebody (there have been many PM and discord messages between myself and CE, this much is clear)

Understood. I will say that Cuntellectual as I've always seen them seemed like a lady who was very consistently themselves in ADTRW, oftentimes to my chagrin. I don't know them well enough to permaban vouch myself like I would for abyss though.

I will however say that their name is something they don't like and was given in a mod challenge thing, as little relative to the topic as is, it's just a fact about them I know.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Queen Combat posted:

people are accusing anyone of being from fyad for thinking this is all getting insane, and people are being incredibly loving stupid and argumentative for no reason at this point other than just being overly dramatic at this point.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I miss Everdraed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpojLYBNyc

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sharkopath posted:

patently absurd, they simply said cuntellectual was an alt account of someone, not that he's an arfjason alt account

that's how I read it, at least. Arfjason kramering in when cuntellectual got probated was weird, and that he went to bat for a guy with a handful of fyad posts and a ton of games posts screams "this is someone's alt account", not "this is arfjason sockpuppeting to protect his alt account"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

people are accusing anyone of being from fyad for thinking this is all getting insane, and people are being incredibly loving stupid and argumentative for no reason at this point other than just being overly dramatic at this point.

You don’t have to be from FYAD to be a bigoted dumpsterfire of a human being... But it helps.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

<try to bring up current saga/concern again by mostly trans posters>

<FYAD posters going "nuh uh NEOPETS">

That's the issue. Clear?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

I died in my second fight. I think I need to swap out one of the armor guys for mage or something.

Ah yeah, the mages seem pretty powerful and will carry you through early battles, especially when your other guys haven't gleam enough different attacks yet it seems.
Neesa, the one who starts with a rapier, that is a good class and will give you a bunch of interrupts that can carry you through the early parts as well if you are lucky and gleam them early.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean why not let hannibal and will gently caress it out? Really. Who else was watching this show? I wasn't watching because the writing was bad, but I wouldn't have cared if they were doing it. So it really feels this was an obvious move.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

nah their posts are pretty on point and accurately describing what's up

what about when they lied about certain posters being from fyad??? then followed it up with a "Nonetheless,!"

Sestze posted:

patently absurd, they simply said cuntellectual was an alt account of someone, not that he's an arfjason alt account

like this, this is just completely made up bullshit lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
if you think someone's an alt of a permabanned dude, or an alt of a bigot or whatever, PM a mod saying "hey i think this guy is an alt of a shitbird."

Don't write up a paragraph conspiracy theory rear end post, that's insane.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sestze posted:

that's how I read it, at least. Arfjason kramering in when cuntellectual got probated was weird, and that he went to bat for a guy with a handful of fyad posts and a ton of games posts screams "this is someone's alt account", not "this is arfjason sockpuppeting to protect his alt account"

They posted a ton in adtrw too, and had a habit of continuing fruitless lines of dialogue they probably shouldn't have in my experience. Them starting a conversation and then refusing to leave when it turns against them is more par for the course and although as I've said I don't know them enough to vouch my own safety it doesn't seem likely they were an alt of some kiwifarms or fyad poster because they weren't really funny or cruel, just earnestly stupid.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

That's the issue. Clear?

i was posting in this thread since before this current happening

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

That's the issue. Clear?

This is what it looks like from my perspective as well.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, miraculously covering up any real concern>

That's the issue. Clear?
:emptyquote:

These past few pages wouldn't have turned into a Thing if there wasn't suddenly a flood of people trying to squash any discussion of the ongoing concerns here. Shockingly, people get angrier and more 'dramatic' when they feel like their legitimate issues aren't being listened to or allowed to be communicated to others.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
shuddering at the thought of me having an alt with EVEN MORE posts than this one :gonk:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Wait a second..

Who is Spanish Manlove, REALLY?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ruffini posted:

Wait a second..

Who is Spanish Manlove, REALLY?

If anything is going to have the St Elsewhere ending irl, it's somethingawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

that's definitely not true, the people spreading the "oh why are they spreading so much drama, can't we all just play nice" narrative are FYAD posters, or they're people I've pointed out as being shitters in the past - ex (or current) trump krew folks, bigots, so on.

there's plenty of solidarity from people that believe that FYAD has been a problem and needs to go. The only reason anyone would think otherwise is the almost instantaneous kneejerk reaction from a host of people looking to derail, concern troll or drown out criticism of FYAD within any thread we discussed this issue in.

it's literally why QCS was shut down, it's why the FYAD refugee containment thread became so probation heavy for non-fyad posters that came in to protest aberrant behavior (like me, but others as well), and now you're trying the same trick with this thread.

the only fly in the ointment was that the attempts to do so in TGRS ended up with a set of nasty probations and bans because there aren't a set of moderators there willing to simply set aside discussion for the sake of decorum.