Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kasumeat posted:

I moved to Australia just under a year ago and left after just a few months because the people as a whole were the most inhospitable and unscrupulous I've ever met, and I've done a lot of traveling. I'm not surprised that this is the government they elected. Australia had such amazing natural splendor which I was lucky enough to experience firsthand just a few months ago before it was transformed into burning hellscapes. The sad thing is the majority of Australians are completely complicit with the government and industries that have helped contribute to what's happening now. I really hope that this is a wakeup call for the country and the rest of the planet; that the good people there do prevail, but you've certainly got your work cut out for you. I don't envy you or like your chances, but I sincerely wish you good luck on the very difficult battles ahead of you.

gently caress off you dumb set of ankles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I gotta stop watching the news because it reminds me of all the country towns I spent time in growing up and the cliched yet true sense of community. Then imagining them gone and what the people over there must be going through. Brings tears to the eyes.

Then some set of ankles calls us complicit. I know it was probably a "joke" but get hosed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

mods change my name to Verpissen Sie sich!

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

All the Canadians I've met or know are awesome, stop giving them a bad name, Ankles.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

bell jar posted:

mods change my name to Verpissen Sie sich!

mods change kasumeats name to ankles

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Slugnoid posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bette Midler called the prime minister of Australia a fuckwit

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Slugnoid posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BOM_au/status/1213399606706479104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

fuckfuckfuckfuck

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
One of my favourite record shops is collecting food and donations to send over, hell yeah. Rhubarb cafe in Leederville for any other Perth goons who like music and may have some bikkies/muesli bars (apparently in high demand) to drop off.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
lmao even piers morgan's hanging poo poo on smoco now

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1213381979003064321

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

christ, that's a hell of a click

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Kasumeat posted:

I moved to Australia just under a year ago and left after just a few months because the people as a whole were the most inhospitable and unscrupulous I've ever met, and I've done a lot of traveling. I'm not surprised that this is the government they elected. Australia had such amazing natural splendor which I was lucky enough to experience firsthand just a few months ago before it was transformed into burning hellscapes. The sad thing is the majority of Australians are completely complicit with the government and industries that have helped contribute to what's happening now. I really hope that this is a wakeup call for the country and the rest of the planet; that the good people there do prevail, but you've certainly got your work cut out for you. I don't envy you or like your chances, but I sincerely wish you good luck on the very difficult battles ahead of you.

I’ll see you in hell you dog oval office

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

You guys need to stop bullying him before he moves overseas to another forum

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

I need some to turn this into a song quick. Easy #1 on the Hottest 100 this year.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Slugnoid posted:

Someone did the next best thing:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Get your election merch early.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/mrfoz/works/43646061-morrison-handshake

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
PM ignoring to meet fire chiefs for months and months last year.

A thread:

https://twitter.com/_JustinStevens_/status/1213273101338693633

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raged posted:

I need some to turn this into a song quick. Easy #1 on the Hottest 100 this year.

There's another quote immediately after that one, if anyone needs more samplezzzz
https://twitter.com/matttburke/status/1213398916890185728?s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BlakeJohnson/status/1213368241130618880

Shits hosed

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Shits been hosed for months as the fires have slowly worked their way south from Qld. Every single plave I ever went on holidays as a kid has either burnt or come very close to burning. Just for the Blue Mountains alone the fire threat has been ongoing now since the end of October and doesn't yet show signs of letting up. The only other time I remember poo poo being anywhere near this hosed up here was 2002 and that didn't hit places like Bilpin but rather burnt it's way along the mountains as time advanced.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How are the concentration camps holding up?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Currowan Fire has jumped the Shoalhaven River and is now burning it’s way up the Kangaroo Valley.
poo poo’s bad.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

DND have agreed to have this thread moved. Welcome to DND.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

What the hell

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

How are the concentration camps holding up?

Still there, the operators of the camps gotten more money than rural service will ever see because it's a goddamn money siphoning scam.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

nooooooo at least drop it in cspam

F
Nov 6, 2005

Kasumeat posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cheers for your valuable insights but gently caress off oval office hey

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Shits been hosed for months as the fires have slowly worked their way south from Qld. Every single plave I ever went on holidays as a kid has either burnt or come very close to burning. Just for the Blue Mountains alone the fire threat has been ongoing now since the end of October and doesn't yet show signs of letting up. The only other time I remember poo poo being anywhere near this hosed up here was 2002 and that didn't hit places like Bilpin but rather burnt it's way along the mountains as time advanced.

If you look at the fire map north of the Great Western - half of whats left was actually hazard reduction burnt earlier this year and last year so the truth is that there's actually not a lot left to burn and the fires stopped at Wentworth Creek. We got lucky in that the ember attacks didn't manage to jump the hazard reduction areas and thence the fire parked itself and has been able to be dealt with at the containment line or just burnt itself out.

Let that sink in for people - a 500,000ha fire at was going for nearly three months was only really slowed or stopped because it plain ran out of poo poo it could burn.

2002 was nowhere near this hosed. 2013 was destructive as gently caress but small.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Raged posted:

What the hell

Op is hoping that by traveling, the thread might find a new audience. It may go elsewhere afterwards.

Please check the DND rules. Ty

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Oh well, it was an interesting thread while it lasted.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Looks like the Euroa fire is under control now, got right up on the highway though

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Time to listen to the radio overnight
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24950

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If you look at the fire map north of the Great Western - half of whats left was actually hazard reduction burnt earlier this year and last year so the truth is that there's actually not a lot left to burn and the fires stopped at Wentworth Creek. We got lucky in that the ember attacks didn't manage to jump the hazard reduction areas and thence the fire parked itself and has been able to be dealt with at the containment line or just burnt itself out.

Let that sink in for people - a 500,000ha fire at was going for nearly three months was only really slowed or stopped because it plain ran out of poo poo it could burn.

2002 was nowhere near this hosed. 2013 was destructive as gently caress but small.

2002 wasn't great for the upper mountains and it burnt close to quite a lot of stuff including the Hydro at Medlow and all the way up to the back of every town from Katoomba downwards. I was aware that the Southerly decent of the fire has been held mostly by hazard reduction burns but the upper mountains ones that run from Leura to Lawson were done 3 years ago. They backburned from this edge to the active fire to stop it. To the South there is likewise big hazard reductions that where put in over the last couple of years but only time will tell if they hold the fire back. They're prediciting rain from Monday onwards for up here but it likely won't be enough to put anything out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shut up Meg posted:

Someone did the next best thing:

I laughed mega hard but that's 10bux the cities or Red Cross could have had.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/DesignedToFade/status/1213383929614368768

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
DND mods what is policy on c bombs itt now it has a new home please and thank you

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Raged posted:

What the hell

Slugnoid posted:

nooooooo at least drop it in cspam

I asked for the thread to become a traveling thread to attract more goons to click, look and see the hell which we face. :sun: Exposure and spreading the message is what will help the fight against this crisis and many goons who will be interested may not visit GBS. So we go to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

I asked for the thread to become a traveling thread to attract more goons to click, look and see the hell which we face. :sun: Exposure and spreading the message is what will help the fight against this crisis and many goons who will be interested may not visit GBS. So we go to them.

Next stop; You Look Like poo poo (Literally)