Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Chill Penguin posted:

Real talk: who should play Ahsoka, were she to appear in a live action series (i.e. Mando s2 or 3)?

Honestly Ashley Eckstein could do it, and probably wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly Ashley Eckstein could do it, and probably wants to.

I'm for sure on that team. It should be her part to lose to someone better.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

If you had told me ten years ago that a lot of people, myself included, would be listing Ahsoka as one of their favorite Star Wars characters, I wouldn't have believed you.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m not sure I’d consider Ahsoka one of my favorites but she’s definitely a solid character who has massively improved since her debut. I get why she’s so popular.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moon Slayer posted:

If you had told me ten years ago that a lot of people, myself included, would be listing Ahsoka as one of their favorite Star Wars characters, I wouldn't have believed you.

She was the best jedi of them all. She's the only one to have a coherent story, she was trained by the very best, she's punked everyone from top end mandalorians to Vader (allegedly). She made it through the whole loving thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rocksicles posted:

She was the best jedi of them all. She's the only one to have a coherent story, she was trained by the very best, she's punked everyone from top end mandalorians to Vader (allegedly). She made it through the whole loving thing.

And she also went "Hang the gently caress on, this order is full of bullshit, I'm just gonna go out there and help people like we should have from the start"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Moon Slayer posted:

I remember how much they ran her down when the movies came out. 'Pandering to tween girls' I remember somebody said. Then there were the nicknames 'Sky-guy'* ad 'R2-ie' but you know what? Filoni listened and she changed and all is well.

*Possibly hypocritically, I do like Anakin still called her Snips sometimes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahsoka made Anakin a good character and i'll die on that hill.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I feel like Filoni's M.O. is making plucky young characters that kinda suck at first, then they gradually grow up and become worthwhile characters. Ahsoka, Ezra, I guess Anakin, too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I still didn’t like Ezra by the end of Rebels but it didn’t matter because Hera and Kanan were so great.

Pour one out for our zatoichi boi

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rocksicles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

Even with the lovely, half done animatics this is still one of my favorite scenes from Clone Wars, and is (was, I suppose now) a really good cap to Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship as well as some fun foreshadowing. I don't know if all the plans for season 7 have been released yet, but I'm really hopeful that this arc will be part of the show because between this scene and the scene of Anakin showing off with the guns after his lightsaber has been taken it's a really fun arc. I'd love to see the arc about Ahsoka's first steps as a non-Jedi exploring Coruscant's underworld too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rocksicles posted:

Agreed. Clone Wars in general made Anakin the actual complicated person we expected from the movies but instead got... well, you know.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

tsob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

Even with the lovely, half done animatics this is still one of my favorite scenes from Clone Wars, and is (was, I suppose now) a really good cap to Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship as well as some fun foreshadowing. I don't know if all the plans for season 7 have been released yet, but I'm really hopeful that this arc will be part of the show because between this scene and the scene of Anakin showing off with the guns after his lightsaber has been taken it's a really fun arc. I'd love to see the arc about Ahsoka's first steps as a non-Jedi exploring Coruscant's underworld too.

The ending of that scene is heartbreaking, and I love how TCW handled foreshadowing Anakin's fall

Somewhat mitigated by the sheer lengths they went to keep Anakin and Grievous from actually meeting face-to-face, and the closest they ever got was in the Crystal Crisis episodes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

Confirmed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What happened with Ahsoka makes a lot of Anakin's behavior in Revenge make a bit more sense.

He's bitter, angry, and paranoid about loss because one of the three most important people in his life got hosed over by both her best friend, the Republic (thanks Tarkin), and the Jedi Council. No wonder he's not all that beat up about killing Mace, that guy was a huge dick to the two of them (the galaxy would be saved if Kit Fisto was the one having Palpatine dead to rights!)

Honestly, Darth Vader was probably first born watching Ahsoka walk down those stairs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

I remember how much they ran her down when the movies came out. 'Pandering to tween girls' I remember somebody said. Then there were the nicknames 'Sky-guy'* ad 'R2-ie' but you know what? Filoni listened and she changed and all is well.

*Possibly hypocritically, I do like Anakin still called her Snips sometimes.

Maybe I’m just dense, but I never understood the Snips nickname.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Xenomrph posted:

Short for snippy https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snippy i.e., her snippy demeanor.

"Snips" and "Sky-guy" were the loving worst, lmao.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Xenomrph posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vader doesn’t stop making jokes and puns after he gets wrecked on Mustafar, either.

Dude made a dad joke to Krennic, for gently caress’s sake.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The choke on aspirations joke always makes me laugh when I remember it. It's so loving bad, lmao.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Apology accepted, Captain Needa.”

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

teagone posted:

The choke on aspirations joke always makes me laugh when I remember it. It's so loving bad, lmao.

They should've cut that entire scene out of Rogue One. Vader showing up with zero warning to wreck fools at Scarif would've been amazing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Anakin Skywalker lived and died a loving dweeb, I love having humanizing moments of watching him dunk on fools like a spaz because it's better than big black evil guy who just has no inner humanity. Like the Emperor, that man is just pure self-indulgence and you know he is enjoying every single moment of his life, a life spent loving with every sentient being not him. Sure he could tone it back about 20% and be literally untouchable, but he has to go full super-villain because it's so much fun. He's living his best, evil sorcerer Hitler life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vadar making quips is par for the course and anyone who doesn't like his choking bit, isn't a fan of comedy or vader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6OjLH7W5k

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 5, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

See also re: Vader's dark sense of humor:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm doing a rewatch of Avatar: The Last Airbender and 1) it's still great, and 2) I never knew that this was where Dave Filoni got his start in animation. He directed a lot of the best episodes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the latest episode of resistance actually made me happy to see a battle droid! I loved hearing its dopey voice again and i guess it's part of the colossus crew now. sick!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Jerkface posted:

the latest episode of resistance actually made me happy to see a battle droid! I loved hearing its dopey voice again and i guess it's part of the colossus crew now. sick!

I'll admit i was smiling at lot more at the B1 then I thought I would.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 6, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Burning_Monk posted:

I'll admit i was smiling at lot more the the B1 than I thought I would.

For me its like, yea I wasn't a fan of the prequels but for better or worse they are a part of star wars now and there is all this tapestry that can be tapped into and its really fun to see that stuff come back in new mediums/times. Like hell yea, give me an ancient B1 unit 45 years after it was first deployed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Rebels sequels rumor and its exactly what everyone wants and more

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/eky2jr/star_wars_rebels_sequel_information/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yes. Inject that poo poo into my veins. The art style being a blend of Rebels and Clone Wars got me giddy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So who's going to be the bumbling clutz for the first season of the Rebels sequel, Ahsoka or Sabine? My money is on Sabine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am all in. Loved TCW sorta, painted CG.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AndyElusive posted:

So who's going to be the bumbling clutz for the first season of the Rebels sequel, Ahsoka or Sabine? My money is on Sabine.

The Niece

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

AndyElusive posted:

Old Man Rex.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lars Mikkelsen fuckin’ owns as Thrawn. Glad there’s more of his character in store.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fuckin' inject "Aztec frog man with an Irish accent" into my veins.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Love it! More Thrawn is always welcome!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

If it's true, it sounds awesome. Unfortunately to me at least it sounds good to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

With how accurate a chunk of the TROS leaks were, I'm leaning more towards that reddit post being mostly true.