Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hyphz posted:

Did he actually do anything except say “Howdy?”

he also said "don't glare at me like that" and "bye bye"

as harassment goes, it is pretty mild, and not really worth having one of his teeth knocked out, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was thinking to myself that it was a pretty extreme reaction lol.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol just lol that you trust Tohru's interpretation of his own words and existence

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol just lol that you trust Tohru's interpretation of his own words and existence

lmao, old man Tohru is improved! He gets lovely advice from snot carpet manga sensei, but he's improved!!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

my guess: the violent guy is charged with assault, tohru going to have to go to court as the victim/key witness, and have his criminal record dredged up by the defense attorney, scaring the violent guy and/or the woman into some kind of hijinks

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol oh Tohru

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought the person smacking up Tohru was a woman.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

They'll claim he threatened them, that it was :neet: and Tohru will go back to jail.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lofi posted:

They'll claim he threatened them, that it was :neet: and Tohru will go back to jail.

honestly he seemed to do pretty well in jail, it might be for the best

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

lofi posted:

Nah, the cops saw him beating up the lovely old NEET. Polkadot could have Phoenix Wright as a lawyer and it won't matter. If the dude is just some random punk then he's hosed.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Tohru will get into an inner monologue trying to reason his way out and confess to punching himself as a misdirection ploy to throw off the prosecutor.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xenocides posted:

Tohru will get into an inner monologue trying to reason his way out and confess to punching himself as a misdirection ploy to throw off the prosecutor.

Lmao

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Xenocides posted:

Polka dot guy is Tohru Durden

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Aino Minako posted:

Polka dot guy is Tohru Durden

the first rule of neet club is :neet:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i finished like 10 panels and then my file got corrupted im so annoyed, i have to do them again right now

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
you have to do them again right now

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

you have to do them again right now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Steak posted:

i finished like 10 panels and then my file got corrupted im so annoyed, i have to do them again right now

Eat some breakfast ramen and do it in twenty years to life

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Perhaps the computer commited :neet: ?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
*doing some quick mental speed chess*
"You see, officer, he can't be telling the truth, because... I killed his parents!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Haha, is he going to punch the cop for lying too??

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
hahahaha I love this stupid comic.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Nep-Nep posted:

*doing some quick mental speed chess*
"You see, officer, he can't be telling the truth, because... I killed his parents!"

That’s thinking like a NEET!

:shuckyes:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Oh that “huh” frame is just perfect!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Polka "Chubs" Dottz is in for a scare of his lifetime

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
"Does it hurt anywhere" is one of those pet-peeve-of-mine giveaways that something was translated from Japanese. "Does anything hurt" is far more common in English but "does it hurt anywhere" is the literal translation of the usual Japanese.

But seriously I appreciate all the work that you do so everyone can read this (and it would take me forever to read this on my own).

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

don't dox me you fuckman

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

What are you gonna do, self defense me?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dirby posted:

"Does it hurt anywhere" is one of those pet-peeve-of-mine giveaways that something was translated from Japanese. "Does anything hurt" is far more common in English but "does it hurt anywhere" is the literal translation of the usual Japanese.

i feel you. it should be abundantly clear that i translate stuff as if it was written in english originally, but its still possible to fall into the trap, when you're immersed in japanese media all day, of forgetting what sounds entirely natural in english because youre so used to reading japanese phrasing all the time, heh. that's an interesting catch though because i have a ton of similar pet peeves but nothing related to this line.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It's one of the biggest things that puts me off scanlations, how unnatural (even if they're technically accurate) the vast majority of them sound.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I didn't notice it as unnatural at all. :shrug: I don't watch the animes tho so I don't have any pet peeves about them.

Since we're having opinions, for what it is worth to me the most natural phrasing would be "Where does it hurt?" Asking if it hurts is silly when a guy has been beaten badly enough to land in hospital.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I don't know, "does it hurt anywhere" sounds perfectly natural to me, although probably I'd expect the phrase to be something like "having pain" rather than "hurt" in my own local (but native) variety of English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

also yesss