Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Occasional SFW Oglaf >> few best Achewood comics > normal Oglaf > few mildly clever alien comics > normal Achewood > normal alien comics

what about serial comics that tell a story where do they fit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

snergle posted:

what about serial comics that tell a story where do they fit in.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the eye
the mouth
the eye...

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Who says Death is a guy? Certainly not Marvel.

Marvel would put tits on MODOK if it shifted units.

please God leave me in blissful ignorance if you're about to show me that exact thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Clitch posted:

please God leave me in blissful ignorance if you're about to show me that exact thing.

It's real. All of it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Clitch posted:

Luckily, no

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

http://www.lucid-tv.com

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/tomselleck69/status/1213659026283778050?s=20

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, that Middle English is all over the shop. At the very least try to stick to one century.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Paladinus posted:

Wow, that Middle English is all over the shop. At the very least try to stick to one century.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Questionable Content? I guess it was a bog-standard 2000's webcomic before that guy had his multiple mental breakdowns

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phlegmish posted:

Questionable Content? I guess it was a bog-standard 2000's webcomic before that guy had his multiple mental breakdowns

That happened to a surprising amount of bog-standard 2000s webcomics.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Phlegmish posted:

He seems like a nice guy, actually.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Christ...

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Just Offscreen posted:

He seems like a nice guy, actually.

Yeah, I think that I've never seen a reason why QC is actually bad.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Josef bugman posted:

The art is passable at best and the storylines are essentially about on par with a long-form sitcom, albeit set in the robo -future. A lot of people see those things and see an easy target to be lovely at. I have seen more than a few times people levelling complaints that essentially boil down to virtue signalling accusations for having NB representation.

I don't personally read it anymore, but it's comfy, and Jeph is cool.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The art and dialog are both bland, there's not much there to either praise or make fun of. If I remember correctly from the old mock threads the author's problem is basically that he's a white man who's really insecure and always scrambling to please everyone, which turned him into the perfect punching bag for some of the more sociopathic tumblr types. That was the early 2010's, Internet culture's changed since then, I assume he's in a better place now (his poo poo is probably still really boring though)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

and he has a real doll fetish

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Chitin posted:

Christ...

:hmmyes:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Just Offscreen posted:

The art is passable at best and the storylines are essentially about on par with a long-form sitcom, albeit set in the robo -future. A lot of people see those things and see an easy target to be lovely at. I have seen more than a few times people levelling complaints that essentially boil down to virtue signalling accusations for having NB representation.

I don't personally read it anymore, but it's comfy, and Jeph is cool.

Like 90% of it is now about people loving robots

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Like 90% of it is now about people loving robots

Awesome- even better!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

You know what, I'm not going to knock it, at least there's an angle there, shows more personality than his usual stuff

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
QC isn’t entirely dreadful on its own merits but it definitely hits the “wait, this makes how much money a month on Patreon!?” nerve pretty hard, which gets it a lot of negative attention.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

QC is fine, particularly compared to other webcomics.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ryan North asked what spinoff comic he should make on twitter and I told him one about robot butts and then I realized I got him confused with Jeph Jaques and apologized. He liked both tweets.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jeph also isn't super serious about his comic and allows guest writers to do whatever which leads to

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Jeph also isn't super serious about his comic and allows guest writers to do whatever which leads to

:laffo:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Post your favourite comic: The first mistake I made was in thinking this was funny.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well, sometimes you make a joke but don't realise your brain went through 17 steps to get there that the audience wasn't there for.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Elfface posted:

I don't think that Anubis is a lady, the ankh has been their sign for longer than it's been a Venus emblem. And all the Egyptian gods know how to do eye makeup.

I think the chocodog thing is the joke though, yes.

In a "man made God in his own image" thing basically all Egyptians knew how to do eye makeup. Heavy eyeliner actually does make less light get to your eyes as a lot of it does bounce off your face on in. Eyeliner reduces that effect, especially if you put it on thick. There were multiple times various artisans went on strike. Aside from their pay they'd demand specific things like eyeliner, onions, and radishes with eyeliner being high on the list. The reason everybody in ancient Egyptian art wore a ton of eyeliner is because everybody in ancient Egypt wore a ton of eyeliner. It was considered a necessity on par with food and clothing as the desert sun does not gently caress around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In a "man made God in his own image" thing basically all Egyptians knew how to do eye makeup. Heavy eyeliner actually does make less light get to your eyes as a lot of it does bounce off your face on in. Eyeliner reduces that effect, especially if you put it on thick. There were multiple times various artisans went on strike. Aside from their pay they'd demand specific things like eyeliner, onions, and radishes with eyeliner being high on the list. The reason everybody in ancient Egyptian art wore a ton of eyeliner is because everybody in ancient Egypt wore a ton of eyeliner. It was considered a necessity on par with food and clothing as the desert sun does not gently caress around.

Makes sense, same reason a lot of athletes but black strip right below their eyes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Makes sense, same reason a lot of athletes but black strip right below their eyes.

Yup. People actually thought that was just a stupid athlete superstition until a scientist sat down to study it.

Turns out it actually does in fact work. Not only that but it works way better than anybody thought it would.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Push El Burrito posted:

He takes his comic very seriously, and has cut himself when people told him that it was a bad comic. That's a good guest comic though, and shows what better artists and writers could do with his setting.