Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

WMOTYC: NJPW vs Music Rights, Wrestle Kingdom 14

MOTYC Chris Jericho vs Hiroshi Tanahashi Tokyo Dome 1/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome Jan 5, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho, NJPW WrestleKingdom 14 Night 2, 1/5

the real poo poo nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 05/01

They made me believe

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rarity posted:

They made me believe

Yup, nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I agree with MOTYC for that as well

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho, NJPW WrestleKingdom 14 Night 2, 1/5

Yeah, not the best match of the weekend, but match of the night

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

They made me believe

Yes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito (C) for the IWGP Heavyweight AND Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

A match/main event/story years in the making, executed to perfection. New Japan is the best wrestling promotion on the planet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito (C) for the IWGP Heavyweight AND Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

A match/main event/story years in the making, executed to perfection. New Japan is the best wrestling promotion on the planet.

Seconding. loving incredible

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerusalem posted:

Just put this on the list now, and next year's list, and the year after, and then on the MOTDecade list too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yes agreed. That may have been better than Okada/Ibushi.

Okada is the best wrestler on the planet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

i dunno if this topped the ibushi match but my god it came close

nth obviously

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc: kazuchika okada vs tetsuya naito - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 in The Tokyo Dome Jan 5, 2020

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

quote:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome Jan 5, 2020

Nth for both of these and I will come back to the HMs later. God drat.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 1/5:
HM: El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori vs. Roppongi 3K
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. SANADA
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito

Couldn't quite focus on the match during KENTA/Goto, gotta rewatch that later.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Best match I've seen live. Was meant to quote and Okada/Naito nomination

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 5, 2020

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Unbelievable match

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
WRESTLE KINGDOM 14 - Night 2

HM: LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH II - Jushin Thunder Liger & Naoki Sano vs Hiromu Takahashi & Ryu Lee
Sayonara, Jushin Thunder Liger.

HM: IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo (c) vs Roppongi 3K
These 4 always have great matches with each other, singles or tags, and this was no different. Special shouts out to SHO & YOH's gold and silver cups.

MOTYC: BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs SANADA
These two are magic together and this may have been their best match against one another yet. The opening sequence was one of the smoothest I've ever seen.

HM: IWGP US CHAMPIONSHIP - Jon Moxley (c) vs Juice Robinson
Incredibly intense brawl, just like their prior two encounters, and definitely Juice's best Tokyo Dome match.

MOTYC: NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - KENTA (c) vs Hirooki Goto
Goto always delivers at the Tokyo Dome. Have you ever seen a strong style match where the two participants just hit and scream at each other a lot until one of them lands his finisher? This is like those, which means it was a loving banger.

HM: Jay White vs Kota Ibushi
An excellent bout but not quite the same atmosphere as their G1 Climax Finals in August, which is my only real knock against it, because I don't go into a Jay White match suddenly expecting fair play and sportsmanlike conduct and get disappointed like a bunch of other people seem to like doing.

HM: Chris Jericho vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
After the Dominion match against Okada I think people were worried about how Jericho would perform but I think wrestling more frequently on AEW has helped keep him in ring shape better than when he was basically doing jack poo poo in between WK13 and Dominion. Tanahashi played a perfect foil to him, as well.

MOTYC: IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT & IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito (c)
gently caress, man. 7 years. What a story. Even as someone who's only been watching since a year and a half ago, I felt it as though I'd been there the whole time. I remember some slight disappointment with the Wrestle Kingdom 12 match, like maybe Naito & Okada didn't gel as well against each other as they each do against Omega or Tanahashi, but this time it loving delivered.

What a weekend.

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 - 5/1

HM: Sho and Yoh vs El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Sanada
HM: Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson
MOTYC: KENTA vs Hirooki Goto
HM: Jay White vs Kota Ibushi
MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 05/01

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Sho and Yoh vs El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs SANADA
HM: Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson
HM: KENTA vs Hirooki Goto
MOTYC: Jay White vs Kota Ibushi
MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito

wk14 1.5.20

Wrestling is good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Less than 1 week into 2020 and me keeping a spreadsheet of good matches.
6 MOTYC level (heretofore known as BANGERS), 8 definitely at HM level, 6 either at or near HM or otherwise fun & noteworthy somehow. And 25 on my "need to see" list across 10 promotions. There is no physical way I keep on top of this even as it's obvious this pace won't last.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Trying to see all the good pro wrestling matches is a fool's errand unless you do it as your job like Meltzer. And even Dave can't watch it all. Don't feel too bad about it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Trying to see all the good pro wrestling matches is a fool's errand unless you do it as your job like Meltzer. And even Dave can't watch it all. Don't feel too bad about it
i believe in my friend punch mclightning

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Less than 1 week into 2020 and me keeping a spreadsheet of good matches.
6 MOTYC level (heretofore known as BANGERS), 8 definitely at HM level, 6 either at or near HM or otherwise fun & noteworthy somehow. And 25 on my "need to see" list across 10 promotions. There is no physical way I keep on top of this even as it's obvious this pace won't last.

This is why I can only keep up with one company. My head would explode if I tried to watch anything more than New Japan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

This is why I can only keep up with one company. My head would explode if I tried to watch anything more than New Japan.

Since getting back into wrestling properly in 2018 I have gone from New Japan only, in 2019 I added in Dragon Gate, All Japan, CMLL & NOAH or at least the bigger shows/matches from them. I skipped quite a fair amount of AJPW & NOAH undercards, DG openers are more entertaining. In 2020 I'll probably not end up watching ZERO1 or Wrestle1 unless something is bonkers pimped, I might dip more into DDT & Big Japan, I will continue to ignore WWE unless something is chronically bad like HIAC but with red lights but I'd like to follow more Joshi this year and actually watch some of the AEW episodes I record. I dunno, I heard some reports of stuff that happened on today's NOAH show and I just don't know I can't keep watching them when they are booking some of the best wrestlers of all time. Plus there are people who post in this thread that I generally trust the recommendations of and will try to check out stuff they pimp if I can find it, like with Devlin vs Starr last year. If it makes it sound worse I've also been watching old ROH along with the ThROH The Years podcast but that's less than 1 show a month on average.

I dunno, I'm at a point where I mostly phased out watching MMA, I barely have any interest in soccer outwith my own teams games, the stuff I did in my spare time 3 years ago isn't so interesting now so I may well indulge my wrestling fixation while I still have it, because wrestling is one of those since childhood that I've gone in and out of love with every few years. If it became a chore I'd stop but it's good poo poo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah see I like 60+ hour JRPGs too much for that to ever be remotely feasible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WK14 the GOAT PPV don’t @ me

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WK14 the GOAT PPV don’t @ me

It's highly possible

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

i believe in my friend punch mclightning

How to watch a lot of wrestling, by Punch McLightning.

Step 1) Have a list of wrestling to watch. Include links if you want. Look for resources for promotions you're interested in but don't know much about, if that's what you're looking for. Cagematch and Grappl are good starting points. Cubsfan is great for lucha. There's a couple other people posting stuff on Twitter. This thread has a lot of good posters, too.
Step 2) Know which matches tend to be extra long, so you don't sit down for an intended twenty minute match with your then not wrestling fan wife and then discover that it's that hour-long Samoa Joe-CM Punk match.
Step 3) When you want to watch something, just pop it on. This is the easiest part.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 5, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

HM: Roppingi 3k vs ELP and Taiji Ishimori
HM: ZSJ vs Sanada
HM: Moxley vs Juice Robinson
MOTYC: KENTA vs Goto
MOTYC: Knife Pervert vs Ibushi
MOTYC: Jericho vs Tanahashi
MOTYC: Okada vs Naito

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It might be me just being super hungover watching the show and Naito being the only guy in New Japan other than Shingo I really care about but only the main event from last night grabbed me.

MOTYC: Okada/Naito.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Unreal show

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
My Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 noms:

HM: Moxley vs. Juice
HM: KENTA vs. Goto
HM: Okada vs. Naito
MOTYC: Jericho vs. Tanahashi

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 - 1.5.2020

HM:
Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson - IWGP US Title Match
Hirooki Goto vs. KENTA - NEVER Title Match
Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi

MOTY:
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito - Double Gold Dash Title Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cuatrero & Forastero vs. Caristico & Mistico (c), CMLL Tag, CMLL on Martes (1/1) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85KkwML6oM&t=5260s

A fun tag match!