Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

RottenK posted:

how much it will poo poo the bed depends on how well RLB does in the polls

the blairites will lose their poo poo if it starts looking like she will win

We've had about 20 new joiners of labour since Dec 15th (just in our branch, don't know for the whole CLP). I know at least a couple of them are rejoiners who hated Corbyn.

Oooo a page snipe....

Catte tax:

I'll plug the complicated cats sanctuary again.
This is a little sanctuary for cats with various disabilities. It's not registered as a charity, but depends on donations to look after approx 32 cats.
They have an amazon wish list here if anyone is feeling generous: https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/2V1KHLYQY0Z8M

http://www.complicatedcats.com/home.html

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

^^^ can't believe they stole my cat AND his cardboard scratcher bed

https://twitter.com/ayeshahazarika/status/1213469438651117568

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1213603645020880896

Phess Jillips knocking it out of the park again.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

just a lil war update

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1213602012308418560

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
war crimes aren't crimes unless you lose the war, dumbasses

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Gonna be wild watching the international criminal court do absolutely loving nothing once the americans do a bunch of war crimes that the president tweeted advance warning of, can't wait to not see that :v:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Twitter is locking accounts for posting "No war on Iran"
See thread.

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1213619828264701955?s=20

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That exact image has been mass reported and anyone posting it gets auto flagged is my guess at what's happening there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
For the past few days (possibly longer but i haven't been sleeping so I've only noticed now), birds outside my window have been continuously twittering throughout the night. Is this... normal? I thought they only started up at dawn

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

For the past few days (possibly longer but i haven't been sleeping so I've only noticed now), birds outside my window have been continuously twittering throughout the night. Is this... normal? I thought they only started up at dawn

In summer those fuckers start up at 3am, no idea what their deal is for you though. Artificial light messing with them?

Hi everyone I am very sick good start to 2020!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have a cold I'm feverish but I've foolishly signed up to some bizarre writing contest that's due tonight so I'm going to produce a loving train wreck.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

sick as poo poo krew, i'm made of snot and my lungs feel like they're half the size they normally are

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I have been watching wrestling since 5am

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Azza Bamboo posted:

I have a cold I'm feverish but I've foolishly signed up to some bizarre writing contest that's due tonight so I'm going to produce a loving train wreck.

Oh heck thanks for reminding me to bookmark the new TD thread. I look forward to reading your words. :D

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
why the gently caress do you want yet another middle east war for fucks sake stop it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

why the gently caress do you want yet another middle east war for fucks sake stop it

If we do 9 we get a free barrel of oil

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol?

https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/status/1213779932117131269?s=20

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Conservatives: The media is biased against us.

The media: There does seem to be a media bias against the Conservatives, we agree.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pilchenstein posted:

Gonna be wild watching the international criminal court do absolutely loving nothing once the americans do a bunch of war crimes that the president tweeted advance warning of, can't wait to not see that :v:

Reminder that official US government policy is that if a US citizen is held in the ICC for trial the US will invade the Hague to retrieve them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i really hope lisa nandy doesn't somehow win

https://twitter.com/fromarsetoelbow/status/1213785175294918656?s=20

or phillips

https://twitter.com/Lokinash06/status/1213210233167908865?s=20

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh was she involved with that? I saw a couple of those podcasts and quite enjoyed them.
Why she has made such an asinine and derogatory comment I do not know.

She was personally involved in the meetings that gave us both the Edstone and Controls on Immigration and refused to say who was responsible for either when I heckled her asking.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Were the same meetings responsible for this poo poo because it looks like the same brand.

Also lol that the Home Office supposedly accepted the validity of the Portuguese study and then threw the whole thing out the window once the Tories had a narrow majority.

Also lol the Lib Dems.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

https://ww2.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/bird-and-wildlife-guides/ask-an-expert/previous/streetlighting.aspx

Birds are hosed up now due to our street lighting.
Some still think its day time so sing all night until they get tired.
Some still hunt for food.
Some have adapted. I think its the smaller ones that affected, crows and seagulls aren't.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So the left despise the BBC for going too far right, and the right despise then for not being complete capitulating boot lickers. Good job, you dumb fucks.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Dracula was shite as well.

And why put it on over new year? Dracula is halloween, any idiot would know that :mad:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

crispix posted:

Dracula was shite as well.

And why put it on over new year? Dracula is halloween, any idiot would know that :mad:

The new episode of Who was also pretty mediocre. I actually liked it until the SHOCKING TWIST at the end which was completely un-foreshadowed as far as I could tell.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
J K Rowling stumbles drunk onto the set and retroactively declares everyone gay and also that the Doctor can't just become a woman?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

J K Rowling stumbles drunk onto the set and retroactively declares everyone gay and also that the Doctor can't just become a woman?

Not it just turns out that the one guy was The Master all along and yawn

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone else have a thing where MikeCrotch’s posts are flagged as ignored, though I never actually ignored him, and when I go into his profile the button asks me to add him to my ignore list. Even though he presumably is already on it?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I stopped watching the new episode of Doctor Who when Stephen Fry said "I've been authorised to speak on behalf of EVERY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY IN THE WORLD". It's okay to write for five year olds, it isn't okay to write like one.

And of course Dracula was shite, it was made by the Sherlock team.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

thespaceinvader posted:

Not it just turns out that the one guy was The Master all along and yawn

Wait they did that a second time?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

thespaceinvader posted:

The new episode of Who was also pretty mediocre. I actually liked it until the SHOCKING TWIST at the end which was completely un-foreshadowed as far as I could tell.

It's a small kids fever dream adventure now.
It's the small things that loving annoy me in Doctor Who these days. It's as if they don't give a poo poo about obvious things that people would react to.
Oh look the Tardis has landed 5 foot from the front gates of a mansion they have to sneak into. Everyone in the mansion would hear it teleporting in, or maybe see the loving thing.
And the security paranoid billionaire just doesn't give a poo poo what happens outside his own walls it seems.
Next thing they are all motorbike racing experts. After being able to dodge lasers from 1 foot, and sneak into high security buildings straight to the bad guys inner sanctum.
A kid, a trainee cop, and an old man are better spies than the actual real spies.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wait they did that a second time?

I mean they did that a second time like 5 or 6 seasons ago, this is like... 5 now?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I stopped watching the new episode of Doctor Who when Stephen Fry said "I've been authorised to speak on behalf of EVERY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY IN THE WORLD".
I can imagine Stephen Fry claiming that, what's the issue? :v:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Comrade Fakename posted:

Does anyone else have a thing where MikeCrotch’s posts are flagged as ignored, though I never actually ignored him, and when I go into his profile the button asks me to add him to my ignore list. Even though he presumably is already on it?

what if you add it and then go back in to remove it? might clear whatever's up

I know a new challenger has stepped up to try and wrangle the forums code lately though, maybe something's going on with that

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

also that the Doctor can't just become a woman?

Even worse!
She has a northern accent!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

I know a new challenger has stepped up to try and wrangle the forums code lately though, maybe something's going on with that

jeffrey has already added a few new things which is cool

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Yeah, I tried that and the button just keeps saying “add to ignore list”.

E: Oh, I just manually removed him from my ignored users list and that worked. It was weird that it just came out of nowhere though.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 5, 2020

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/jess-phillips-willing-to-fight-for-britain-to-rejoin-eu-w7f86xbh0

quote:

Labour leadership candidates are split over Brexit after Jess Phillips said she would be willing to “fight” for Britain to rejoin the European Union.

In an interview with the Andrew Marr show on BBC One, Ms Phillips suggested that if Britain would be safer and better off inside the EU then she could push for the UK to rejoin.

Sir Keir Starmer, the frontrunner for the Labour leadership, said that the election result “blew away” the case for a second Brexit referendum and the debate now was over the future relationship with the EU.

lol if Jessflaps wins we wont see a Labour government until 2050.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

baka kaba posted:

Yo bk since QCS is shut down where can I complain leave constructive criticism about awful app

Anyway my complaint is I read the forums too much and now I've got the header/footer bars and post button burned into my screen