Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

oh poo poo wait that's right, I forgot to update the Gundam rankings

1. G
2. MSG
3. Turn A
4. IBO except for the last episode
5. 00 Season 1
6. Double Zeta
7. Zeta
8. Wing
(this is the part where gundam stops being good)
9. X
10. Unicorn
11. 00 Season 2
12. SEED
13. Victory
14. SEED Destiry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I think the reason people didn't like this game was because of the huge sprites, which makes it easier to take damage.

That and it's wildly inferior to MMX released a year earlier in every way.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

1. G
2. MSG
3. Turn A
4. IBO except for the last episode
5. 00 Season 1
6. Double Zeta
7. Zeta
8. Wing
(this is the part where gundam stops being good)
9. X
10. Unicorn
11. 00 Season 2
12. SEED
13. Victory
14. SEED Destiry

what

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
"The Freeze Man fight is really fun to do actually"

*Runner instantly dies*

"Is it?"

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010
Ah yes, this is the game where Megaman has problems comprehending weapons.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hello

Fast

Lets go fast

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

French Accent posted:

Last time someone did a BoI speedrun on GDQ it ended up being a mess of a swear jar. Quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to this.

Binding of Isaac speedruns are generally a good time to go get some food.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TeaJay posted:

I think the reason people didn't like this game was because of the huge sprites, which makes it easier to take damage.

someday i will actually play a megaman game other than the half hour i played legends for so i can understand why, for example, this is seen as a lesser game

likewise someday i will actually play castlevania beyond the arcade machine they had at pizza hut that i used to play when i went there in elementary school as a reward for the book it promotion like 25+ years ago

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

Binding of Isaac speedruns are generally a good time to go get some food.

I'm completely uninterested in any Ratchet & Daxter in Collect-a-thon-land type of games to that's my Pepsi break. I'll be sure to watch the Star Wars run after that, though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Freeze Cracker

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

someday i will actually play a megaman game other than the half hour i played legends for so i can understand why, for example, this is seen as a lesser game

likewise someday i will actually play castlevania beyond the arcade machine they had at pizza hut that i used to play when i went there in elementary school as a reward for the book it promotion like 25+ years ago

The original trilogy of NES games and Mega Man X are classics for a reason. If you can't get the originals they should be in various legacy collections on PC or consoles.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

TeaJay posted:

yeah, also all the stuff PJ mentioned: weak buster, short invincibility period, really obscure hidden stuff

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i love mega man

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

1. G

:bisonyes:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

yeah, also all the stuff PJ mentioned: weak buster, short invincibility period, really obscure hidden stuff

I've got to imagine the freakishly hard final boss doesn't help either.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Megaman floating in water just isn't right...

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ItBreathes posted:

oh god, that too

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

THUNDER
BOLT

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Xenothral posted:

THUNDER
BOLT

That fires a bolt of thunder, right?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ItBreathes posted:

I've only run this game in a very undedicated, casual level but the first time I didn't have a trainwreck time getting through Wily it was a pb by like 20 minutes. That fight is just so disproportionately hard compared to everything else in the game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if you have a Switch there's the Castlevania Anniversary Collection that has all of the classic games and it's great

I just played through all of them for the first time like a few weeks ago and I'm surprised at how well they hold up (still prefer the metroidvanias tho)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When I played MM7 the thing I found frustrating was that a lot of the jumps are very tight. X's wall-slide and dash really add a lot of wiggle room to platforming in that game.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Gort posted:

That fires a bolt of thunder, right?

Not sure! Better go ask Doctor Light.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TeaJay posted:

The original trilogy of NES games and Mega Man X are classics for a reason. If you can't get the originals they should be in various legacy collections on PC or consoles.

i have megaman anniversary collection for my gamecube just taunting me on my shelf, one of the literal hundreds of games i own in my backlog :negative:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Oh no, I just noticed Binding of Isaac in the schedule.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I don't recall particularly enjoying Mega Man 7 the last time I played it (though I liked it enough to finish it), but I really adore the art style.
I'd love an updated game in the same style.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Megaman teleports out of the lab and then instantly teleports back in. "Welcome home."

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear

Floodkiller posted:

Oh no, I just noticed Binding of Isaac in the schedule.

An excellent time to get a burger.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Your Computer posted:

if you have a Switch there's the Castlevania Anniversary Collection that has all of the classic games and it's great

I just played through all of them for the first time like a few weeks ago and I'm surprised at how well they hold up (still prefer the metroidvanias tho)

i will prolly just get castlevania 1 for nes and go from there, it's pretty cheap and i generally prefer playing games on original hardware if it isn't absurdly expensive

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Big Wily Dracula energy

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
"He's extremely weak to getting punched."

Same, PJ. Same.

It is also extremely rad that they ARE using pronouns with runner names. I was worried initially that they weren't going to do it since the first run didn't have it, but I'm guessing it's listed per runner's choice to list it, which is good and cool of them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i have megaman anniversary collection for my gamecube just taunting me on my shelf, one of the literal hundreds of games i own in my backlog :negative:

buying this was where i discovered i hate actually playing mega man games

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Is the Shademan theme a homage to Castlevania music? It sounds very similar.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i will prolly just get castlevania 1 for nes and go from there, it's pretty cheap and i generally prefer playing games on original hardware if it isn't absurdly expensive
that's legit :yeah: i just prefer playing things handheld

the us version of castlevania 3 is awful tho, which is why it's nice that the anniversary collection has the good jp version. probably the best game of the classics imo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

buying this was where i discovered i hate actually playing mega man games

cool to hear this and have another excuse to keep putting it off while i keep buying bad fmv games for my 3do

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

awwwm no quick kill

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

speaking of 3do, there is a 3do game on the schedule this year and i believe that is the first 3do run ever at a gdq (at least that i can remember)

appropriately it is in awful block

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
A fire weapon may burn things Dr. Light? Utter madness!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reminder: Fanart is cool but maybe ten pictures of girls and burgers (??) no idea why that belongs and do not do it, plus do not make creepy posts!
Thank you to those reporting it really helps! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The sprite work in 7 is very nice looking at least.