Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ironic that I'm about to go and try to change thebrakes on my car for the first time when I'm an accelerationist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

free hubcaps posted:

not to mention China's belt and road plan means theyve built a crapload of new transport infrastructure in Africa and many of those countries govt's are in hock to the PRC because of them

yeah we are *absurdly* late to the party in africa lol

we don't even have military presence in central / southern africa and a huge portion of the continent is pretty firmly within the chinese sphere of influence, with france and russia picking up a lot of the leftovers

our strategy has basically been just building drone bases and training local special forces units to help with counterterrorism but by most accounts we mostly just get in their way and stir poo poo up

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy gently caress why even go to work tomorrow when I can just watch the world burn at this point lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that is the most pathetic poo poo i have ever seen

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

eonwe posted:

That upper/lower is gaudy as gently caress and must be obnoxiously heavy too

Lol what the poo poo is this garbage

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the craven libs are frozen in terror by our president

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

we don't even have military presence in central / southern africa and a huge portion of the continent is pretty firmly within the chinese sphere of influence, with france and russia picking up a lot of the leftovers

Yeah, we've just spent the last 30 years setting up a bunch of fundie churches for the CIA to operate out of.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

eonwe posted:

its a gun purpose built to fire pork ammo, its pretty disgusting entirely apart from the magazine (which is kinda funny)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we’ve been served by tweet !

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://i.imgur.com/qYbRAFg.mp4

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

petit choux posted:

Yeah, we've just spent the last 30 years setting up a bunch of fundie churches for the CIA to operate out of.

is that why militants just straight execute church officials? gently caress the cia

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

our strategy has basically been just building drone bases and training local special forces units to help with counterterrorism but by most accounts we mostly just get in their way and stir poo poo up

I'm a little red rooster
Too lazy to crow for day
Gotta keep everything in the barnyard
Upset in every way

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

PathAsc posted:

The AR stands for "Always uppeR decker"

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

paragliding is cool, birds are cool

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

eonwe posted:

Wait till you see the guy holding it.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

I'm the big foam block to brace the gun against while firing so the finish doesn't get scuffed

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

lol gently caress @jack

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://i.imgur.com/Eb65g1I.mp4

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
loving throw Jack Dorsey in jail

I hope he dies

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i bet don jr's a boondock saints fan

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

mad.radhu posted:

paragliding is cool, birds are dinosaurs

ftfw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so it wasn’t a terror attack ??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I don't trust anything that burns for 5 days and doesn't die

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

PathAsc posted:

rare breed by design, duh

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
birds aren't real

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

petit choux posted:

yeah we let major POS like Franklin Graham set up para governmental services

South Sudan was a gold rush for them

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SpaceGoku posted:

I'm the big foam block to brace the gun against while firing so the finish doesn't get scuffed

Lol gently caress

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

PathAsc posted:

Holy gently caress why even go to work tomorrow when I can just watch the world burn at this point lol

:munch::tootzzz::tif::comfyzelda:

I am having an all right Sunday

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

birds aren't real

in the sense that they are actually just dinosaurs, this is correct

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

china is doing "soft" colonialism by hoovering up all the resource rights in exchange for infrastructure projects and basically sending a ton of venture capitalists over to open up businesses and buy up property (getting around a lot of the citizenship laws a lot of african countries have by marrying locals and buying property in their names), etc. they only have one actual military base in africa but they've built up a decent amount of goodwill in a lot of places by providing them with roads / hospitals / clean water.

This basically just sounds like imperialism, through existing neoliberal order the US has propagated, rather than colonialism imo. What I'm saying is lets get pedantic :razzy:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

This basically just sounds like imperialism, through existing neoliberal order the US has propagated, rather than colonialism imo. What I'm saying is lets get pedantic :razzy:

its economic imperialism for sure, there are a lot of Chinese merchants etc. living in East Africa though also

e: one of the things about China's big infrastructure projects in Africa is that they are designed, built and sometimes staffed by Chinese firms and workers, so the host country doesnt actually gain any expertise or that many jobs from the project itself.

e: trunt

free hubcaps has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Jan 5, 2020

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
me irl

https://i.imgur.com/khxnOGa.mp4

discoukulele has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Jan 5, 2020

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ironic that I'm about to go and try to change thebrakes on my car for the first time when I'm an accelerationist.

you don't need brakes

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

birb

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao buncha goons admiring Chinese imperialism in Africa and whining how the US dropped the ball

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

:hmmyes:

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

tacodaemon posted:

i have an important question that ive been thinking about :

how do the hunky heartthrob TV/movie vampire dudes like Angel and Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer maintain their lovely hairstyles when they cant see themselves in the mirror

They talk about this in the show, noob

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US wasn't late to the party in southern Africa, the white supremacist and colonial governments there were overthrown

Also the only country the US military doesn't have some military connection to is Zimbabwe, and that might change soon. It's really active throughout the continent.
https://news.yahoo.com/revealed-the-us-militarys-36-codenamed-operations-in-africa-090000841.html

You've also got stuff like the US relying heavily on mercenaries from Uganda for it's Mideast adventures.
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-uganda-mercenaries/

quote:

In Iraq, Ugandans protect U.S. diplomats in Baghdad and Basra. They also guard businessmen and aid workers in Afghanistan and Somalia. They patrol government installations in Qatar and will likely stand watch when the country hosts the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Some recruits have drilled at an elite counterterrorism training center in Jordan funded by the Pentagon. Others are sent abroad with virtually no training at all, just a requirement that they stand at least 5-foot-7.
Operation Inherent Resolve, the Pentagon’s anti-Islamic State initiative, employed 7,773 contractors in the second quarter of 2016, up from 5,000 in the first quarter of 2015. If national armies and their proxies defeat Islamic State, returning diplomats, investors, NGO workers, and others will need protection, much as they did after Saddam Hussein’s government fell a decade ago. Contractors will fill the gap.

Uganda is also one of the big suppliers of troops for various Africom missions to Somalia, which the US has deeply supported.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

maybe congress should impeach trump again for insisting the war powers resolution isn't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

fits my needs posted:

lmao buncha goons admiring Chinese imperialism in Africa and whining how the US dropped the ball

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Chinas silk road bullshit is terroristed out of existence for the ughir stuff