Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The original meme is a movie called Bob&Carol&Ted&Alice. So when crafting a reference to the reference it's useful to include an element of the original as a punchline. Of course that only works if anyone knows what the Hell you're talking about.

Well I might be bad at memes, I am very old and out of touch with the hottest trends in memedom.

I was sitting there going "...was American McGee's Alice contemporaneous with these other games? Was it...was it a collectathon? No that must not be it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

are we still doing bingo

this was 5 years ago grow up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
:getin:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Well I might be bad at memes, I am very old and out of touch with the hottest trends in memedom.

I was sitting there going "...was American McGee's Alice contemporaneous with these other games? Was it...was it a collectathon? No that must not be it."

Yeah, given the context of the other stuff that's a reasonable logical leap to make but since I knew what I meant it never occurred to me.

I have no clue why the movie title is a meme, it's just some movie from the 70s that now shows up on t-shirts.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

eric ciaramella posted:

are we still doing bingo

What on earth is this post supposed to be? If you are trying to start a derail, do not.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I didnt realize bingo was 5 years ago

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

ItBreathes posted:

Why don't Protoman and Mega Man just like, work together to beat wiley?
Because hope rides alone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I will stop.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gdq runners moved past adultry and on to other deadly sins.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

"Another auto-scroller" is the last thing I want to hear in a marathon run.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I always find Ratchet & Clank / Spyro type runs to be super boring, ngl

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This Rachet and Clank run so far is an example of those GDQ runs that are technically solid, the commentary's not actively bad while not helping to carry the run, and it's just kind of...there. I feel bad about being so utterly bored by this class of run because they're usually an impressive display of skill, but it just doesn't really grab me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
only another half hour to go

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Just spent the last 90 minutes or so fixing various last minute bugs.

1) Certain bids weren't showing up on the donate form at all, which is why the Myst incentive was stuck at $0.
2) The feed for which bids were 'current' accidentally had a timezone bug introduced as part of a performance refactor which meant it was actually looking 5 hours into the future, so CovertMuffin's incentive wasn't showing up on the layout (it was on the donate page, though).
3) The link on the donate form to the prize list was incorrect, resulting in a page that appeared to be stuck loading for eternity.

And I thought I was done on Friday night. How naive I was.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

In a half hour CovertMuffin will be here to cheer us up and run a hilarious and utterly ridiculous Jedi Academy mod so maybe I will make some lunch now. Yeah, that sounds good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

This Rachet and Clank run so far is an example of those GDQ runs that are technically solid, the commentary's not actively bad while not helping to carry the run, and it's just kind of...there. I feel bad about being so utterly bored by this class of run because they're usually an impressive display of skill, but it just doesn't really grab me.

late 90s/early 2000s mascot platformers are all basically the same thing, it's hard to gussy one up on stage for someone who isn't invested in the series or runners if the game isn't broken in a comically amusing way

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

I'm in the same boat. I wish the couch was doing something to get me more into this run, but they aren't bad and the runner isn't bad. Which is more than can be said about some runs. Hope they're having fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

This run isn’t offensive might be the best compliment I can give

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I left the venue and walked to get food and saw a comically small bag of weed on the ground.

Orlando dealers selling to people who only need a tiny bit must make a killing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

I left the venue and walked to get food and saw a comically small bag of weed on the ground.

Orlando dealers selling to people who only need a tiny bit must make a killing

GDQ can have a little weed

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Hey, that's not MM8BDM

Also, looks awesome, downloading now

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

eonwe posted:

GDQ can have a little weed

Did you really just say a little instead of little a?

I used to think you were cool

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

eonwe posted:

GDQ can have little a weed

ftfy

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SeXReX posted:

Learn some inbounds and be the change you want to see in the stream

See me next gdq with a Death Stranding 100% speedrun

Roth fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 5, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Death stranding online runs sound like such a cool group effort of setting up ziplines everywhere but the cowards are all doing offline

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd probably watch a Death Stranding run over the 9 hour FF runs

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I only want a death stranding run where someone on the couch is cosplaying deadman and every time they explain a trick he jumps in like "sam, I know you just watched a 30 minute cutscene about this where they kept repeating themselves but let me restate the concept one more time"

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Roth posted:

I'd probably watch a Death Stranding run over the 9 hour FF runs

FFXIV (all expansions) gatherer-only speed run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i took my cat for a walk during this run because my new year's resolution was to be less negative

if this run was not good, oh well, covertmuffin is mext :)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The anime cancel is notoriously difficult to execute

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is a decent enough filler run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bruceski posted:

Ratchet&
Clank&
Jak&
Daxter&
Banjo&
Kazooie&
Spyro&
Crash&
Alice.

no sly cooper, taz the tiger, blinx or vexx

0/10

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

DAY TO NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Xenothral posted:

DAY TO NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LET'S GO AWAY

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Ok, I have food now, that run is over, and CovertMuffin's up running a crazy JA mod. I'm hyped.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
R&C runner almost caught himself but failed--"just for shi...ts...and giggles..."

I also noticed that a couch commentator corrected himself, changing "we killed ourselves" to "we died right there," is that also in the guidelines?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hmm managed to sneak in some new anime just in time for run to end huh. nice

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Always nice to see Blechy, such a great guy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

blechy's back!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

every time blechy isn't on camera, everyone should be asking "where's blechy?"