Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's really no point in comparing the injury to Bo's.

Very few fields of medicine have come along as far as orthopedics in the last thirty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Panthers should draft Herbert at 7.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Between Kevin Everett being able to walk again, partially because of an on-field saline injection they did, and then Adrian Peterson rushing for 2k after his knee got glued back together, I generally don’t question if people can return anymore.

Kevin Everett was paralyzed but they saved his broken spine while he was still down on the field.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

colachute posted:

Between Kevin Everett being able to walk again, partially because of an on-field saline injection they did, and then Adrian Peterson rushing for 2k after his knee got glued back together, I generally don’t question if people can return anymore.

Kevin Everett was paralyzed but they saved his broken spine while he was still down on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6uYJrIqaw

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

I figured he's got Schrodinger's Hip at this point, and by the draft we'd know if it would be a threat long-term. Although I wonder if there's degenerative effects (I mean, there almost certainly will be, but I mean within his playing career).

The ankle injuries were weird ones, high ankle sprains that required surgical procedures, the exact same injury and procedure on each leg. As far as I understand, high ankle injuries aren't quite the huge lingering concern that they used to be (especially ones with surgical fixes).

He had some other minor garbage like a knee sprain, a quad injury, a broken finger. Essentially, the dude had horrible injury luck. It's only a concern for people that somehow believe avoiding injury is a skill and not a random statistical outcome.
Injury avoidance is both a skill and a random statistical outcome, depending on the position played and the injury in question.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

wandler20 posted:

Panthers should draft Herbert at 7.

I only watched the bowl game, but I don't think it's possible to have been less impressed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
After seeing the results from last nights games, I've got to hope that Sean puts just a little more fear of God into them today.

Let's map this out:

Saints win vs Minnesota
Saints win vs Green Bay
Saints win vs San Francisco
Saints win vs Baltimore

I believe.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Skol Vikings

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status...839115336196096

:hmmyes:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've mapped out all the possibilities, and the most likely outcome is Brees wins 6 Super Bowls in a row and retires with more rings than Brady.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I've mapped out all the possibilities, and the most likely outcome is Brees wins 6 Super Bowls in a row and retires with more rings than Brady.

I could literally die afterwards because it ain't getting better than that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I could literally die afterwards because it ain't getting better than that.

Silly Burrito: "Les bon temps roulez" as he lowers himself into a giant vat of jambalaya with seven fingers raised

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Tatsuta Age posted:

Skol Vikings

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Silly Burrito: "Les bon temps roulez" as he lowers himself into a giant vat of jambalaya with seven fingers raised

It's how I want to go.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

les bons temps ont roulé

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Six Rings Hag would be the most obnoxious loving SAS poster in history

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
SKOL!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It is what it is.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

It is what it is.

Real talk. How can you clone taysom hill, a team with 11 of him would never lose

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Alright draft chat time

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tatsuta Age posted:

Real talk. How can you clone taysom hill, a team with 11 of him would never lose

He was the best player on the Saints today.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well that was no fun

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/1213935190126542848

while not as egregious as last year, I am prepared to whine about this for the next 9 months

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

maybe don't let kirk cousins throw a 50 yard blimp

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Who cares

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

maybe don't let kirk cousins throw a 50 yard blimp

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

what i like about this no call is that it so perfectly is the exact definition of pushing off

https://twitter.com/SNFRules/status/1213935055069990912

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

The real villain is Lutz.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

eke out posted:

what i like about this no call is that it so perfectly is the exact definition of pushing off

https://twitter.com/SNFRules/status/1213935055069990912

Michael Thomas does more every catch

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
By god, every year I'm more and more glad I went to the Saints Super Bowl because I'll be damned if I know when they'll make it back again.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

cpranger posted:

The real villain is Lutz.

This is some weak poo poo bro

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

This is some weak poo poo bro

Calm down. Lutz is good and it was a long kick. It is what it is.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I dont give a poo poo about an uncalled OPI, dont let kissing cousins throw a 50 yard bomb

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/peterson5682/status/1213936228350824449?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

I dont give a poo poo about an uncalled OPI, dont let kissing cousins throw a 50 yard bomb

After everything and Lattimore has to come out and leaves us with Robinson and PJ on those plays.