Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

And WHERE did they get upset? I don't lurk the pibbie discord, and didn't see as many tears this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Yes I got that... but why? I have not mentioned either Camelot or Epi in a single article.

Coordinated Union of Moderators article.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

And WHERE did they get upset? I don't lurk the pibbie discord, and didn't see as many tears this time around.

They got upset on the forums in a thread that got stuffed into the memory hole. Then they got called out on their dumbfuckery in a coalition coord chat.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

:golfclap:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Posting here to confirm I'm not a spy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Didn't Camelot also pick up Nokia's reroll? What a bunch of shitters.

They've picked up a lot of people on our shitlist. It's become something of a political refugee state for enemies of goons.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

I know it can be difficult and confusing to follow the goings-on of a browser game from afar, luckily our dear buddy Methrage has a concise, unbiased and easy-to-follow summary for you all, although I apologize that it is not in fact in AMV format:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Yikes

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This has to be a purposeful troll.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Imagine basing your entire in game character off of the at best 7th best FF series.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

tater_salad posted:

This has to be a purposeful troll.

I promise you it's not.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everything I see from Methrage makes them seem like a fine and normal person.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not even so much the frothing rage that gets me, but it's the frothing rage for the world's most stagnant and poorly designed browser game. I'm still reeling from learning this game is over five years old

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

fuzzy_logic posted:

I know it can be difficult and confusing to follow the goings-on of a browser game from afar, luckily our dear buddy Methrage has a concise, unbiased and easy-to-follow summary for you all, although I apologize that it is not in fact in AMV format:

Mind you he's talking about being 'reborn' by jumping ship to a second forums account with less moderator warnings against it when he was forced to pick one by the admin. His "Health" is how close he was to a forums ban.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Danaru posted:

It's not even so much the frothing rage that gets me, but it's the frothing rage for the world's most stagnant and poorly designed browser game. I'm still reeling from learning this game is over five years old

White people get to fail upward so hey lol

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild
So tedious...

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Valador posted:

So tedious...

???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Danaru posted:

Second most.

The first most he got attacked by goons nine years ago and that was the start of his vendetta.

Yes, nine years of frothing rage over browser based nation simulation games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Aesculus posted:

Second most.

The first most he got attacked by goons nine years ago and that was the start of his vendetta.

Yes, nine years of frothing rage over browser based nation simulation games.

PnW is vastly inferior to Cybernations in terms of actual game design.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lmao if true

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

That's an incredibly bleak statement :saddowns:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

How do you figure?

The lack of tech dealing

Not needing to stay up each and every night of a war for the global day timer to tick to be effective in war

The alliance banking system

All of the nation/alliance customization

I would have killed for basically any of these in the CN days.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I mean both games suck, but PnW is so wildly imbalanced that we've been able to break the entire metagame over our knee in like 3 months because of all the broken exploitable poo poo there is. I definitely give it credit for the customization and lots of good qol features but with how the war system and economy work... yikes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's just so many bad, bad mechanics in this game. Like spies. You can only ever buy 2 (3 with a nation project) per day, and enemies will routinely assassinate 15-20 of your spies. They can do this once or twice per day with no nation score targeting restrictions, and no limit to how much you can be targeted, and most times they will be undetected. The effectiveness of spies is also based on some stupid rear end formula that doesn't linearly increase how effective you are with more spies. It's very, very much an exponential gain in effectiveness to have more spies.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

There's just so many bad, bad mechanics in this game. Like spies. You can only ever buy 2 (3 with a nation project) per day, and enemies will routinely assassinate 15-20 of your spies. They can do this once or twice per day with no nation score targeting restrictions, and no limit to how much you can be targeted, and most times they will be undetected. The effectiveness of spies is also based on some stupid rear end formula that doesn't linearly increase how effective you are with more spies. It's very, very much an exponential gain in effectiveness to have more spies.

There is an NS rating restriction. It's just wider than the attack restriction.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

3 times total per game day by spy attacks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Probably going to give up on cycling since no one's doing it with me anymore.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe try using goonrush on discord? That usually works for me.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I’ve had good luck as long as I @ the other people on discord who are hitting the target. If nobody communicates nobody cycles.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

super sweet best pal posted:

I don't have much issue with it? Sometimes it takes a few tries in discord but someone usually hops on

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

You only need to cycle people with 16 cities or more.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

You only need to cycle people with 16 cities or more.

we do some beigeration at the tiny levels, but holy poo poo am I bad at keeping up with it

edit: of nazis and chuds. it feels so good

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Yeah beige cycling confederates who've been dragged down to zero infra is the most fun I've had in this game.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Credit to toots magoots.

Methrage really is a fine specimen.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Congrats to Blutarch for getting banned for “discussing” his own report in a no-discussion area.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Congrats to Blutarch for getting banned for “discussing” his own report in a no-discussion area.

Lol at the mods of this game. Lmfao

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

mods

MODS

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Orv posted:

Everything I see from Methrage makes them seem like a fine and normal person.

yep, he got frustrated with PnW and tried to start up "Kingsglaive", his PnW alliance name, in CN....which he's permabanned from.

e: Methrage is Noctis, not Longbowe.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Credit to toots magoots.

Methrage really is a fine specimen.

"Beige is not Defeat!"

I keep shrieking as I shrink and turn into a corn cob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Welp I've been banned from the Pee'n'Dubya forums for bullshit reasons.

At this point I'm waiting for the post-hoc justification for my ban, while the likes of Methrage remain scot free.

As a side note, White Lung is rad as gently caress.