Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hello all have a good day I can't risk WK spoilers during work so I cant post with you my friends until I watch night 2. Plesent days for all hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

godfather 3

When I first watched the trilogy I assumed that prevailing opinion on 3 was typical fans not knowing poo poo about movies and the hate for Sofia's acting was unwarranted but that's one of the few times where I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, it has to be the worst performance in a major motion picture of all time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hey guys, I know since I moved I'm never around any of my spots anymore, including here. But for those who remember me I'm mostly good down in Santa Cruz. Busy as gently caress but I miss this place

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Come post again if you get the chance :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i assume gravity was really cool in theaters. didnt give a poo poo about none of it though

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Christ my life is a loving whirlwind right now

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Anxiety is slowly fading away (or I'm just getting used to it, idk), turns out cutting out caffine, weed, sugar and bread all at once is a hell of an adjustment so my body is loving freaking out. no heart attack though, so yay. I'm probably never picking up weed again. Not that I hate it, but considering that the last time I used it it drove me to a panic attack I think I would be in a bad headspace if I took it up again anytime soon, you stoner goons do you.

Between medical insurance companies right now, which sucks, but I may qualify for state health so it's not all bad news.

Minimum wage has gone up, so my hours got slashed. I consider that a blessing in disguise though because work loving sucks with or without weed.

I hope to report more positive changes next time I post. Have a pleasant evening!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

yea ok posted:

i assume gravity was really cool in theaters. didnt give a poo poo about none of it though

Yeah in IMAX 3D it was amazing. The next time I saw it was on a 65" 1080p 3D TV my friend wanted to show off, and it was very underwhelming.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still really liked it when I watched it on a TV after being blown away by it in the movie theater. The emotional core of the movie was still strong enough for me that it held up even without the completely blowaway holy gently caress visual effects.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

The scene in gravity where Sandra Bullock is talking to that person on the ground made me cry.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Have you seen the other side of that? The short film by Cuaron's son? I really, really liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLR1yCvu498

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watching Messiah on Netflix, the secret intel observer guy is named Q. Its about that good.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Eat My Fuc posted:

When I first watched the trilogy I assumed that prevailing opinion on 3 was typical fans not knowing poo poo about movies and the hate for Sofia's acting was unwarranted but that's one of the few times where I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, it has to be the worst performance in a major motion picture of all time.

that whole movie was low rent as gently caress. hamilton, mantegna, garcia

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Have you seen the other side of that? The short film by Cuaron's son? I really, really liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLR1yCvu498

Well, the waterworks just opened up again. :cry:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

watching Messiah on Netflix, the secret intel observer guy is named Q. Its about that good.

isnt this the one where they got mad the twist was spoiled because they gave an important character an arabic name that revealed his true identity?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This announcement by the admins is incredibly toothless and weak given how many times they say "we're changing things soon, we promise" over the past month or whatever it's been that SA has been on fire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

isnt this the one where they got mad the twist was spoiled because they gave an important character an arabic name that revealed his true identity?

I haven't got that far yet. Just finished the 2nd episode. Its kinda interesting because it hits all the "what if a messianic figure really did show up today?" plot points without being deeply tied into US Fascism. Most of the End Times stuff we see bandied about has less to do with prophecy and more to do with justifying US belligerence on the world stage.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i never heard of the show "Messiah" but all I can think of is Sammy Guevara's pre-AEW theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aili7Xqj1rI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dromal phrenia posted:

i never heard of the show "Messiah" but all I can think of is Sammy Guevara's pre-AEW theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aili7Xqj1rI

if Joey janella took to religious studies instead of wrestling

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I am glad I don’t post anywhere that seems to be really affected by the issues plaguing SA. It’s kind of weird to think that I’m already in this particular insular world and I can be so insulated inside of it that there’s problems and I wouldn’t even know about them if there weren’t starred announcements that I have to read to make the notification go away. I’m bad at participating!

I am back at work after two weeks and taking an inaugural dump. You’re welcome, work.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i coughed so hard over the weekend i threw my back out. please shoot me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Someone poo poo themselves at the theater when I saw The Grudge this weekend

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

NienNunb posted:

Someone poo poo themselves at the theater when I saw The Grudge this weekend

It was the second biggest stinker in the theater! :wal::stat:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

This announcement by the admins is incredibly toothless and weak given how many times they say "we're changing things soon, we promise" over the past month or whatever it's been that SA has been on fire.

Things are not getting better and it seems like whoever actually calls the shots, we keep getting told its someone else, has no stomach to make things better.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no one told me the Pokemon SS story keeps going after the credits. Now I have to beat up dudes with bad haircuts. Awesome.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I haven't got that far yet. Just finished the 2nd episode. Its kinda interesting because it hits all the "what if a messianic figure really did show up today?" plot points without being deeply tied into US Fascism. Most of the End Times stuff we see bandied about has less to do with prophecy and more to do with justifying US belligerence on the world stage.

Well,

They named the messiah dude after the islamic anti-christ and people that practice/read language were blocked for pointing it out on netflix's official account lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Well,

They named the messiah dude after the islamic anti-christ and people that practice/read language were blocked for pointing it out on netflix's official account lol

I figured when they kept calling the one guy Q that it wasn't because he hooked up James Bond with the latest gadgets.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: you know what nm, I shouldn't be importing poo poo and this forum rules

Venomous fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 6, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the wrestling forum is quietly the most chill and loving of them all

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh but seriously I posted:

the wrestling forum is quietly the most chill and loving of them all

i was going to say this isnt true but i just checked the main forum page and.... its probably true :ohdear:

maybe the hiking forum tho?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the vape thread in TCS and the toku thread in the anime forum are also fairly chill places.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
this is the only good forum

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh there's a number of chill threads but chill forums?

theres probably a chill thread in TVIV but that doesn't change the fact that two threads down, someone will be threatening to murder someone else for saying Larry Butz wasn't the right choice to play The Gobstopper in Jessica Jones

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

the vape thread in TCS and the toku thread in the anime forum are also fairly chill places.

Well Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are about the power of friendship about 80% of the time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I refuse to post in the comics forum, I'm convinced they don't like comics.

Imagine getting so mad the muscle guy can't draw feet. feet are hard. that's why cool dudes like to lick them. mysterious power resides in feet.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this place is the most chill, except for that one loser that's always mean to me for no reason because he has no personality and isn't funny and he sucks rear end

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pinwiz11 posted:

GO CHEFS!
Great googly moogly.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drew McIntyre posted:

this place is the most chill, except for that one loser that's always mean to me for no reason because he has no personality and isn't funny and he sucks rear end

RR is my favorite forum on SA because of how chill and nice everyone seems to be. Aside from the weird stuff I saw in the AEW threads that put me off.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TCC isn't chill but the discord is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this place is the most chill, except for them seven losers that's always mean to me for no reason because they have no personality and aren't funny and they suck rear end