Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

forkboy84 posted:

I found the worst comment on Cagematch.

Imagine not liking Minoru Suzuki

I invite him to meet with Minoru and explain this to his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

no that was, uh. Matt Taven The Elite or someone

actual reason down thread when someone brought it up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

I found the worst comment on Cagematch.

Imagine not liking Minoru Suzuki

:rip: whoever this is, as he has no doubt already been murdered by Minoru Suzuki.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MiSu's Instagram portrays him as a man who loves socks and doing cool poo poo with artists and fashion :allears:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

super macho dude posted:

MiSu's Instagram portrays him as a man who loves socks and doing cool poo poo with artists and fashion :allears:

Don't forget loving coffee

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also community cleanups

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And One Piece

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's cool that the man's got hobbies besides murdering people, but he will never forsake his biggest love.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Okada isnt a hogan level draw but he does alright in the states. One of the better draws outside of AEW/WWE.

He has actually managed to grow his domestic market unlike any US based wrestler the last decade though. Food for thought for the all that matters is drawing crowd. Okada does draw in Japan. How many wwe guys can be said to really draw these days.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hogan hasn’t drawn in 15 years now, let’s be real.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

Hogan hasn’t drawn in 15 years now, let’s be real.

he spiked RAW's ratings up by like half a million just months ago

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

he spiked RAW's ratings up by like half a million just months ago

Irrelevant. The last time someone tried to sell tickets on Hogan’s name alone allegedly 2000 people showed up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMG_Clash_of_Legends

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
"When referred to by the ring name he used in WWE, "The Big Show", Wight stated that this was his "slave name" and that he was to be referred to as "'The Great' Paul Wight"."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

actual reason down thread when someone brought it up.

...I mean it's not wrong, in all fairness. We can point out that NJPW never advertised Omega or the Bucks, but that show sold out in like 15 minutes when all of them were still around.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I feel like with Hogan, you have to offset the number of people he drew with how many careers he ruined (or at least blunted) with politicking and how he helped run two promotions into the ground.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like with Hogan, you have to offset the number of people he drew with how many careers he ruined (or at least blunted) with politicking and how he helped run two promotions into the ground.

Also being massive racist piece of poo poo, but I'm sure most of his fans don't care about that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I couldn't imagine being a stan for Hulk loving Hogan in the year 2020

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Benne posted:

I couldn't imagine being a stan for Hulk loving Hogan in the year 2020

https://twitter.com/dream_baybay/status/1213685284753293314

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I did fine once jump what the gently caress my head hurts is this Trevor?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Okada isnt a hogan level draw but he does alright in the states. One of the better draws outside of AEW/WWE.

He has actually managed to grow his domestic market unlike any US based wrestler the last decade though. Food for thought for the all that matters is drawing crowd. Okada does draw in Japan. How many wwe guys can be said to really draw these days.

Okada just drew 70,000 people in one weekend. I think that makes him the #1 draw in the world right now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Okada just drew 70,000 people in one weekend. I think that makes him the #1 draw in the world right now

Did you listen to that reaction on night 2? Those people weren't there for Okada.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

Did you listen to that reaction on night 2? Those people weren't there for Okada.

They cheered Kerry but they wouldnt have been there without Flair

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Okay so Tanahashi drew 30,000 and Okada drew 40,000

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/zelanthis89/status/1213743424098197506

https://twitter.com/notuangle/status/1213657515453538304

https://twitter.com/uglynewyorker/status/1213432901666250753

yikes

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

I think later in the replies he shifts the goalposts to claim that this is only one show so doesn't count, then backtracks to say it ALSO doesn't count because it was Wrestlemania weekend :laugh:
Didn't Meltzer get the ticket buyer breakdowns for MSG and it turned out that the crowd was, surprisingly, overwhelmingly local, to boot?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

davidbix posted:

Didn't Meltzer get the ticket buyer breakdowns for MSG and it turned out that the crowd was, surprisingly, overwhelmingly local, to boot?

Tiger Hattori just invited 18 thousand of his closest friends.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Unhappy NJPW fans are my favorites

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

coconono posted:

it's extremely confusing to me that the same people that just saw Gedo pay off a years-long, dense storyline also think Ibushi is getting buried after he had two huge matches at the Tokyo Dome where he was heavily protected and a new direction was made for his character

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

heavily protected??? Sounds like when triple h would put guys over by wrestling them!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

heavily protected??? Sounds like when triple h would put guys over by wrestling them!

If in this comparison Ibushi is Triple H, then yes, exactly like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what is being talked about

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i don't know what is being talked about

yo cavauro hit me with that triple haitchhhhhh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-LnQX1y0w&t=5s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's extremely confusing to me that the same people that just saw Gedo pay off a years-long, dense storyline also think Ibushi is getting buried after he had two huge matches at the Tokyo Dome where he was heavily protected and a new direction was made for his character

What's the direction? I only read the recaps.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

If in this comparison Ibushi is Triple H, then yes, exactly like that.

but ibushi didn't win, whereas hhh did

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Spikegal posted:

What's the direction? I only read the recaps.

They leaned a lot more into the "Ibushi blacks out and becomes a literal Terminator that doesn't feel fear or pain" thing, and the driving narrative through the match was his anger and ferocity. Continuation of the "beating Okada to death" spot from the night before. Watching Terminator Ibushi beat the everloving poo poo out of Jay was great fun

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

but ibushi didn't win, whereas hhh did

Letting the other guy go over only after you beat the poo poo out of them and got a visual pin to prove that you're the actual best guy and should have won is totally a Triple H thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Evil Ibushi is the absolute best. Punching the poo poo out of Okada’s corpse was one of the most memorable visuals of the whole weekend

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

I guess it's WWE brain poison or something were losing one feud means that you'll be stuck treading water in midcard limbo forever.

Like motherfuckers, have some patience and enjoy Violence Kota murdering people in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

I guess it's WWE brain poison or something were losing one feud means that you'll be stuck treading water in midcard limbo forever.

Like motherfuckers, have some patience and enjoy Violence Kota murdering people in the meantime.

List of G1 climax winners who went on to lose at the dome:

Okada (twice)
Naito (twice)
Tanahashi
Kenny Omega

Clearly, winning the climax then losing at the dome is a ticket to nowhere.