Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Inspector Hound posted:

Why are we even in Iraq

Saddam Hussein pissed off George W by disrespecting his dad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

'I dropped out of school, now I sell £60,000 trainers'

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

well i'm glad that's clear

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Bush lied to get us into a war and Pelosi was fine with it because she is a worthless, terrible person

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Inspector Hound posted:

Why are we even in Iraq

How the gently caress else are we gonna kill camel spiders?! Have you seen those loving things?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

All politics is loco.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

lol gently caress

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bush lied to get us into a war and Pelosi was fine with it because she is a worthless, terrible person

Also her vested interests in keeping the poors poor, and reaping that sweet lobbyist cash from mic

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

his dad was a spook trying to open up the middle east market for capital using kuwait getting invaded as an excuse

but also saddam couldn't be controlled so the cia probably wanted some other authortarian puppet in charge

gently caress the american government

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

this fuckin owns god drat

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

She's actually worth a lot :smugdon:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol this guy
https://twitter.com/mdubowitz/status/1213960424900743169
without the influence iran's sick aggresion, iraqis would know their place as our quiescent subject people

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"a short-term decision that would have catastrophic long-term implications for the country and its security."

the peak of irony

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

those white slices with a pink spiral inside that are in japanese foods always mesmerize me

fish cakes

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
tbf, hero culture is dumb as gently caress

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

rudy giuliani is a national hero because of 9/11

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Spergin Morlock posted:

rudy giuliani is a national hero because of 9/11

iran, do the needful

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
if they destroy our most beloved cultural site, the noah's ark experience, there will be hell to pay

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
IS Iran in a position to somehow order the assassination of a high official inside of the US? Or is that just completely beyond their capabilities?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

if they destroy our most beloved cultural site, the noah's ark experience, there will be hell to pay

or stone mountain in georgia. they better not!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Samurai Sanders posted:

IS Iran in a position to somehow order the assassination of a high official inside of the US? Or is that just completely beyond their capabilities?

anything is possible if you're dedicated enough to it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

a.lo posted:

What's the point if it's just going to spray everywhere

that's $17 of cheese that undeserving poors can't eat. QED.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm trying to think of when the last time a US official was assassinated inside the US by a foreign government. Has it ever happened?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

they probably can but trump is demented and will definitely start firing cruise missiles into iran if they do. its obvious he's trying to provoke them into a full war and actually wants them to do something overt

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Samurai Sanders posted:

five years ago i would've said no, but now? who knows what the bernie bros are capable of

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Samurai Sanders posted:

iran is gonna hit something to do with Saudi oil production because it's probably a softer target and even if it doesn't do any real damage it might spark a panic here in the US

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

what about newly minted war hero to all chuds eddie gallagher

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm trying to think of when the last time a US official was assassinated inside the US by a foreign government. Has it ever happened?

I'd be shocked if Kalshoggi wasn't on the payroll in some form or another sooo

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Probably not, but they are definitely in the position to carry out an assassination in foreign countries that us officials regularly visit.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
under no circumstances must iran kill our equivalent of soleimani, the great american hero henry kissinger

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Spergin Morlock posted:

or stone mountain in georgia. they better not!

inshallah

hopefully they overshoot by 15 miles and get me / PDK

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Origami Dali posted:

under no circumstances must iran kill our equivalent of soleimani, the great american hero henry kissinger

that is not dead which can eternal lie

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Origami Dali posted:

A lot of people don't know this but Adam Levine of Maroon 5 is also one of our top military officials.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

chuds are murdering people on grindr

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1213965765533196288?s=20

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

turp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
vanderpump cannot be a real last name

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Iran is smart, it will do everything it can to make the US an international pariah.

Patience and we'll see the death of the american empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

Why are we even in Iraq

The president lied they had WMDs, like how when I walked through a hallway I heard somebody on TV saying "Trump is essentially asking the American public to take his word for it", and all the conservatives asked anyone who dared question "Why do you love Saddam Hussein? Don't you know his sons feed dissidents into shredders feet-first?" Arrested Development even had an episode with a fictitious Saddam Hussein lover, I imagine because they were wanting to update the "literal Communist" political extremist trope to be topical.

edit: but really, keeping Saddam Hussein from excluding the U.S. from Iraqi oil markets. Joe Biden wanted Bush to bring Putin into Iraq by offering him a share of oil revenues.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Jan 6, 2020