Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Playing God Of War 2 on my PS3. Game owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bloodborne was my first-ever Souls-type game.

I think it took me about 4-6 hours to get past that first alley, and 12-15 hours to beat both bosses and leave Central Yharnam

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tei posted:

I am getting the urge to play Dragon Age Inquisition again, and I don't even know if I own it on the PS4.

Last year I reinstalled and played maybe 45mins before going this sucks and deleting it again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cross-platform games can’t use the touchpad extensively because other platforms don’t have it.

Killzone Shadowfall used it as a second dpad to activate your inventory, swiping in the cardinal directions triggered different things.

Elite Dangerous subdivides the touch area and also lets you chord touchpad presses with other buttons because that game has 500 different commands and they’re all important.

One of the Assassin’s Creed games let you use two fingers to scroll and zoom the map like it was an iPhone but all that really did was make the map jiggle weirdly when you clicked the pad to close it.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I have never felt so weak in a video game as I did when I played the beginning of Bloodborne for the first time.

I have never felt so powerful in a video game as I did when I played the beginning of Bloodborne for the second time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Disposable Scud posted:

Best entry in the series, especially slamming smug loving Thesius' face in the door.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

Cross-platform games can’t use the touchpad extensively because other platforms don’t have it.

Well they could, as evidenced by Diablo 3, they just choose not to. Like, nobody says "this PC port can't have mouse support because consoles don't have mice"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

mancalamania posted:

Anyway, do enemies eventually start coughing up bullets again or do I have to constantly buy a new supply every time I run out?

Pressing up on the dpad will give you 5 bullets at the cost of 30% of your health.

This lost health can be restored by attacking an enemy in the same way as health lost from being attacked, so if you're smart about when you use this then it's basically free bullets

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Always keep track of your bullets! (The Old Hunters spoilers)
https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/966201120900173831

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have to boot up BB sometime and beat “the final boss” (to my non umbilical cord having/overly quick to defeat MWN self). When I’m done I’m just going to restart without ng+ sometime. I’m not sure if I’ll even make a character very differently stat wise but boiiiii I’m going to tear poo poo up this time through. I’ve played BB in a very stupid way so it will be interesting to get the base experience again.

I can’t believe this thread brute forced me into Bloodborne :lol: I love you all

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do the restart but go full arcane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6TWvIZ1LhQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sometimes I think about doing a full Bloodtinge run and playing it like an FPS with the scoped Evelyn

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sometimes I think about doing a full Bloodtinge run and playing it like an FPS with the Evelyn

I've tried this and you need to have chikage handy, but you can anime gunslinger well enough. BT doesn't boost your bullet damage enough to make it singularly useful unfortunately.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just wanna dodge and slash and smash m’dudes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just wanna ... smash ... dudes

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the best weapon in bloodborne is logarius’ wheel followed by church pick and kirkhammer. they feel devastating and terrifying. you throw your whole rear end body into each attack.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bloodborne is a masterpiece, all the Bloodborne Boyz represent! *GANG SIGNS*.

I guess it’s a philosophical distinction, I think “exploration is its own reward” is subjective, to me knowing that my exploration will be rewarded with tangible items that allow me to play in new and exciting ways is the epitome of good exploration, but I can understand BotW style “there might not be anything on that mountain but goddamit I will spend 2 hours climbing it” being your personal gold standard. I think for me the distinction is the weapons and armor in Bloodborne can lead to completely new play styles, so that’s more important to me.

I’m finally up to Valkyrie farming in Give Me God of War. I was stuck on the “Defeat 100 Enemies” trial in Muspelheim but I was wearing all my DPS gear and couldn’t get past the first 25. I swapped over to max defense/vitality gear and did it without dying. The RPG loot elements are really the meat and potatoes of this super hard mode, and even after grabbing the Platinum I’m still taking breaks from my Christmas games to play in. Compressing an entire suit of armor into a single buff that I can jam into my next suit of armor is awesome. My bottleneck now is Skap Slag, I never thought I’d run out but now I’m down to 20.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kirkhammer is 1000% my poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Kirkhammer is 1000% my poo poo.

:gibs::hf::gibs:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The wheel was loving cool, I used it not because it was the best strength weapon but because it was the raddest and that is the proper way to play souls/borne games.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Disposable Scud posted:

I got a fair distance into it and something broke. I couldn't go any further despite looking at every goddamned pixel. Looked at video walk-throughs, everything. And of course I didn't have a save that helped.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Well I've taken a few cracks at Father Gascoigne and had limited success. Think I'll do a little blood echo farming and level up before I try again.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

Well I've taken a few cracks at Father Gascoigne and had limited success. Think I'll do a little blood echo farming and level up before I try again.

This boss was a big roadblock for me when I picked this game up.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I beat Gascoigne only by summoning someone. I wonder what the online population is with Bloodborne. Also, do you need PS plus to summon someone? Seriously thinking about starting it again with all this talk.

First time I played through the whole game with the cane.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pile Bunker, Gatling Gun, and Cannon for life, when it comes to BB weapons.

This post brought to you by the Powder Keg Gang :colbert:

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:

ShakeZula posted:

I beat him earlier today on my 2nd try by just kinda chillin between him and tombstones and kinda cheesing it. He couldn't reach me but i could still poke him with my axe. His doggo form lets him break the tombstones so for that one I'd just move backwards/bait out attacks and hit him a few times when he was recovering.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also if you're coming back to BB please do check the BB thread and if you don't mind some light cheating check the post in the OP for some false depth dungeons which get you early access to some of the cooler weapons.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’d say play it through as normally as you can before cracking it open with those chalice dungeons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Whirligig and Gat makes the game a lot more fun, if you have the dlc suicide run for them once you can do it

Also though the stats seem like they barely matter your armor will determine whether or not an attack will instant kill your or leave you still standing so if you have trouble try putting some new pants on, especially if you're stupid enough to do the default chalice dungeons

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 6, 2020

Dec 6, 2017

Vicar Amelia is pwning me pretty good. I'm trying to roll around her to stay behind but she keeps clipping me :/ Been trying to ring my beckoning bell for help but no responses for a while if anyone on and wants to help (read: beat her for me).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I cleared all of Old Yharnam before that so it might just be a leveling thing

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ShakeZula posted:

Have you upgraded your weapon yet? Getting it to +2 is a huge help.

Dec 6, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I cleared all of Old Yharnam before that so it might just be a leveling thing

might just try that instead, for some reason i figured itd be a harder/later area.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

gently caress it I’m trying to learn that big boy next. It’s aesthetically and thematically so coooooool. Oh yeah and the sound!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The PS store sure is bad about notifying me that there are demos. There was apparently a demo of Yakuza 7 on the Japanese store since November and I didn't notice before now. I'm playing it now and yeah...it's a full blown turn based fantasy RPG except that I have a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat instead of a sword.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rusty posted:

I beat Gascoigne only by summoning someone. I wonder what the online population is with Bloodborne. Also, do you need PS plus to summon someone? Seriously thinking about starting it again with all this talk.

First time I played through the whole game with the cane.

I think you need to have PS Plus, because when I first started it asked if I wanted to play online or offline, and when I picked online it prompted me to subscribe. I did get the summoning bell though, so who knows, maybe I'll give it a try.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

The PS store sure is bad about notifying me that there are demos. There was apparently a demo of Yakuza 7 on the Japanese store since November and I didn't notice before now. I'm playing it now and yeah...it's a full blown turn based fantasy RPG except that I have a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat instead of a sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM71SABa42Y

This game is EXTREMELY Yakuza

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

ShakeZula posted:

I think you need to have PS Plus, because when I first started it asked if I wanted to play online or offline, and when I picked online it prompted me to subscribe. I did get the summoning bell though, so who knows, maybe I'll give it a try.
It will probably tell you you can't use it because you're offline. Figures, thanks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yesssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Is Sony announcing the PS5 tomorrow at CES?

Also for God of War. I've seen people mentioning turning armor sets into enchantments. Is that something I can do in my first playthrough or is that a new game + thing. I almost never play NG+ modes, so if it's exclusive to that, is there anything I should do with the non-rare armor sets I find other than sell them?