Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's just a slightly larger version of what I already have and roughly twice as expensive. Same brand and product line, just a fatter battery and everything fattened to match, so you're basically buying battery life. The regular Evolve Plus has a storage cap on the bottom of the battery too.

The Yocans are good vapes, worth the money imo.

Yeah, I caught mine on sale at a local headshop and ended up paying like $5 or $10 more than the Plus.

If someone wants to get into wax cheap, you can buy 510 threaded coils for fairly cheap, usually under $20. That way it's an easy way to re-use your existing 510 threaded batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I got this at a local headshop for $55 and it's one of the best pieces I've ever had. No smell, charge lasts for days, uses very little wax. It does everything right

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I tried doing the wax liquidizer thing once, so I could theoretically end up with an activated bottle of e-cig liquid, and I heartily recommend no one else try to do it unless they have a coil, a gram of wax, and a couple days for shipping that they wouldn't mind literally throwing just directly into the trash

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Inspector Hound posted:

I tried doing the wax liquidizer thing once, so I could theoretically end up with an activated bottle of e-cig liquid, and I heartily recommend no one else try to do it unless they have a coil, a gram of wax, and a couple days for shipping that they wouldn't mind literally throwing just directly into the trash

Same, I did it exactly once and never again

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

the gold standard remains john travolta in pulp fiction rolling two cigarettes by hand for himself and uma thurman without once even touching the table in front of him. my friends and I in college would rewind again and again to see what flawless techniques we could glean between the shots

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

PokeJoe posted:

Same, I did it exactly once and never again

Yeah, ended up drinking the stuff and got really high after trying to vape it for an hour.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

if i feel like buying a new pipe instead of cleaning my old one, that's pathetic right

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
If the old pipe is made out of a toilet supply hose and a screen, no.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

if i feel like buying a new pipe instead of cleaning my old one, that's pathetic right

I’ve been tossing old glass pieces that just taste like booty lately. Some of them bitches are hard to clean and even still taste like poo poo after.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
If you're too lazy to soak your glass in some 91% isopropyl alcohol then I dunno what to tell you guys. It takes zero effort to clean glass.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Break that poo poo open and reap your reward

Zipperelli. posted:

If you're too lazy to soak your glass in some 91% isopropyl alcohol then I dunno what to tell you guys. It takes zero effort to clean glass.

I like when I wait so long I'm like "oh yeah this one was clear"

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Inspector Hound posted:

I like when I wait so long I'm like "oh yeah this one was clear"

I like when the alcohol ends up being blacker than my heart. That's when I KNOW I got a good clean in.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

I like when the alcohol ends up being blacker than my heart. That's when I KNOW I got a good clean in.

Yep. Fill with as much iso as I can stand to spend on one cleaning, pour in a bunch of salt, i don't know how much, maybe more than that, come on, a little more, ok that's too much but it will be fine, cover all the holes and shake like the dickens

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't even use salt, if you're cleaning a dab rig. Just let that poo poo soak overnight in as high a percentage alcohol you can get, drain it into a pan to evaporate outside. Once it's done evaporating, throw some butter in the pan and let it sit on the absolute lowest setting for the burner for an hour. Add to whatever you use butter for, and it's already decarbed so you only need the stove top to bind the thc to the fat in the butter.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I live in a legal state so I rinse all the weed vape distillate out of my bubbler down the drain when I clean it

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Over the course of 2 weeks I managed to drop and break 3 god damned stems for my Arizer Solo 2. I was down to one for a bit. That sucked.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

What temps you guys vape at? This thread got me using my v tower again with my bong. It’s soooo good up until I toast it too much then I wanna loving gag at how terrible it tastes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/06/pax-unveils-a-vape-that-increases-transparency-around-cannabis-consumption/

At first this sounded like the Juicero with the RFD pods but I do like that the pen knows the best temp for the strain you are using.

BUT

I just can't wrap my head around needing a goddamn cell phone or tablet to smoke weed. I also see a poo poo ton of privacy issues here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

purple death ray posted:

Stoners then: *goes in the bathroom and exhales weed into a tube lined with dryer sheets*

Stoners now: *agrees to eula giving some company rights to track their habits and sell them to advertisers*

Almost two drat years ago lol

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Harton posted:

What temps you guys vape at? This thread got me using my v tower again with my bong. It’s soooo good up until I toast it too much then I wanna loving gag at how terrible it tastes.

I have the Extreme Q, and I find 165C to be the best cruise control to be pleasantly stoned and enjoying tasks, at 185C I'm barely able to handle buying gatorade at a bodega, while 200C is 'I'm too baked to drive to the devil's house'. But I'm also a lightweight, and you should experiment with different temps/amounts.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Bonzo posted:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/06/pax-unveils-a-vape-that-increases-transparency-around-cannabis-consumption/

At first this sounded like the Juicero with the RFD pods but I do like that the pen knows the best temp for the strain you are using.

BUT

I just can't wrap my head around needing a goddamn cell phone or tablet to smoke weed. I also see a poo poo ton of privacy issues here.

The pods work really well compared to generic 510 carts. Nice easy draw and fewer clogs.

Pods usually have a recommended temp, especially fanciers ones and live resins. It feels cool to be able to dial that in versus just trying to guess at a couple of preset voltages on a generic pen that don’t translate to an actual temp.

I’m glad I’ve already got the app downloaded, but not getting updates sucks.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Harton posted:

I tend to start off at about 180C then work up to 200C. I should probably try going lower to see if it changes anything up, but I've found those temps work really well for general use.

The store I buy from has recommended temps in the 160-185C range for most of the flower I buy so I think I'm in the right zone.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Harton posted:

180 C for the majority of it on the Mighty. When there is no more vapour, I'll boost it to 195 C for a minute the little bit that's left off.
If I had to choose one temperature to stay at, though, it'd be 180.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Oh boy, I just got a half-ounce delivered I don’t remember buying. My wallet remembers, but I don’t so I feel like I’m ahead of the game.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Also got a free fruity pebbles/rice krispy treat. I mean, I assume it was free, the guy said it was free. It tasted like fruity pebbles and devil’s cabbage. Is it ok to post in the weed thread if you’re also drunk? Cause in like 45 minutes I’m gonna be way more high than I am drunk (whilst also being very drunk).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol. Gonna watch that ceiling fan spin while it's off?

If you can keep your poo poo composed while drunk, I don't care, but I'm no mod or IK. Just seems logical, or maybe I'm just high.

Well, I'm not high yet, but I'm working on it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. Gonna watch that ceiling fan spin while it's off?

If you can keep your poo poo composed while drunk, I don't care, but I'm no mod or IK. Just seems logical, or maybe I'm just high.

Well, I'm not high yet, but I'm working on it.

Everybody in GBS could blow a .15 without having drinking for 24 hours. That’s just GBS.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ok I’m high now. Once, when I was full of smokums, I determined that the worst product ever would be called Big Yummum Doggum. It would be an insensitively branded smokeless tobacco product for dogs. PROVE there’s a worse product.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This exists.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This exists.

Yeah but, like doggos don’t even like tobacco, they rightfully think its gross in my experience, while your entry is unpleasant for most people, it has an appeal to a known, exploitable market. Who could you really sell dip for dogs to? Ok I obviously need to smoke more

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This exists.

We have a winner.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

How do I tell if I’m getting high from the edible I ate vs. the weed I have been smoking and am smoking and will continue smoking in the foreseeable future?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

How do I tell if I’m getting high from the edible I ate vs. the weed I have been smoking and am smoking and will continue smoking in the foreseeable future?

I would have advised you not to smoke while waiting for an edible to hit because the high is entirely different.

Seems like that ship has sailed through

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah but, like doggos don’t even like tobacco, they rightfully think its gross in my experience, while your entry is unpleasant for most people, it has an appeal to a known, exploitable market. Who could you really sell dip for dogs to? Ok I obviously need to smoke more

I'd imagine there's at least a few dogs out there that have happily eaten discarded dip. They might all be great, but not all of them are very bright.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

I would have advised you not to smoke while waiting for an edible to hit because the high is entirely different.

Seems like that ship has sailed through

Lol that’s a whole nother continent you’re coming from. I am a Weedlord. I hope to never become a BonerHitler. I am the guy people come to with weed questions in my family and circle of friends. I just figure it never hurts to ask. I’m more used to homemade edibles, this came in a package, presumably from Chicago. I’ve not had a lot of good experiences with commercial edibles. As I type this I’m getting significantly higher, but it seems to have plateau’d about 7 minutes ago. Ok, exactly 7 minutes ago, I’m in a keeping track sort of mood.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I just accidentally emptied my pipe onto my leather couch. I BLAME YOU. YES, YOU READING THIS!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol. What dose did that edible claim to be?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ok now ive figured out firecrackers

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

klapman posted:

ok now ive figured out firecrackers

What are firecrackers? I'd like to look like you do in that pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Zipperelli. posted:

What are firecrackers? I'd like to look like you do in that pic.

They're the simplest type of edible to make, basically the only skills involved are decarbing and finding the right kind of peanut butter (only palm oil and salt or something). For decarbing i've found that 190F for an hour seems to work best, at least for my half-busted oven. I'd post a how to guide but I'm still coming down and am paranoid about it being against the rules