Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna take a nap until legend of the mystical ninja, since i want to watch everything from that until the end of sonic block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really wish they'd explained this game a little better.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

"This is exactly like peeling an onion" is probably the best we're getting out of this commentary.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

im not convinced they know

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I kinda can't believe how dead the room is for this game

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

im not convinced they know

I'm kinda opposed to watching a 3 hour game run in japanese because if the couch is not up to it the viewer has no way of following anything that's going on. Good morning to ya'll anyways, I'm awaiting the SNES block to start.

Also:

"Greetings from Germany. Long time viewer, first time runner. I am donating because my Germany has died from Germany."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SeXReX posted:

I kinda can't believe how dead the room is for this game
Shameful scheduling imo.

I wonder if the speedrun uses the gloriously broken mushroom badges.

quote:

The Mush Badges available from the Little Fungitown equipment shop have the ability Shroom Force. This applies a flat damage bonus to each of your attacks depending on how many of each regular, Super, Ultra, and Max Mushroom you have. (This is very roughly 0.2 per each in the international release and roughly 0.15 per each in the Japanese version. A maxed stock of each in the international release applies a 93 damage boost, and 48 in the Japanese version.)

This boost applies to every single attack. Most notably, this includes Mario's Chopper Bros. Attack. Typically after about a dozen hits when performed successfully, you only do 1 HP of damaged per hit. However, Shroom Force applies the flat bonus to even those hits; this means you could easily hit a dozen or more times each for almost 50 or 100 HP of damage

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Is this a good game?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I just watched the Myst Block that was on while I was sleeping, and that was a good time. Dino Crisis 2 was also fine, with some Untitled Compsognathus shenanigans.

edit: also, I know the honk meme is getting run to the ground already, but it's all for a good cause because UGG is going to break the dollars/minute record on final day

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jan 6, 2020

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Solarin posted:

Is this a good game?

I think the game itself is fine, it's just not the most high-energy run for a local 6 AM timeslot.

Sulphagnist posted:

I just watched the Myst Block that was on while I was sleeping, and that was a good time. Dino Crisis 2 was also fine, with some Untitled Compsognathus shenanigans.

I need to catch those too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Solarin posted:

Is this a good game?

It's very good. Probably the best in the series, which is a bit of a shame. If you play it I recommend the original over the remake, which lacks a lot of the funny/charming animation style.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The remake is very good but the original is a classic and can be emulated on everything.

It's not a good speed game because it lives on charm and humor and.almost no turn based games are good GDQ viewing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Riven: the Myst sequel, a game where you sing opera and move in light speed around the island of weird mechanical contraptions

e: that f*ing sound effect in the end killed it (still talking about the Riven run VOD)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 6, 2020

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't catch the explanation, is the glitched screen connected to the out of bounds trick?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

I didn't catch the explanation, is the glitched screen connected to the out of bounds trick?
I only just got home from work, but I got the impression it's artefacting that comes from teleporting into various objects causing memory corruption but which is useful for moving outside the room to different triggers?
Aka. usual speedruns. :v:

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

TeaJay posted:

As with all AGDQ stuff I have no idea what is going on but it's strangely fascinating.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Memory manipulation for devices like the GBA, NES, and SNES is really easy because they don't do virtual memory or paging.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Sulphagnist posted:

edit: also, I know the honk meme is getting run to the ground already, but it's all for a good cause because UGG is going to break the dollars/minute record on final day

LTTP Crowd Control is gonna bring in some cash too. Andy's test runs before GDQ turned into a hilarious shitshow at times with so many deadrocks spawned it straight up stopped bosses from spawning and stuff. Have they announced yet what the various prices are going to be?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Okiedokie

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I woke up just in time to see a barrel zoom at top speed up into the ceiling

So what's been good since Dino Crisis?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Regy Rusty posted:

I woke up just in time to see a barrel zoom at top speed up into the ceiling

So what's been good since Dino Crisis?

Razer freestyle scooter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Razer freestyle scooter

Alright I trust you

Shout out to da guy in the audience conducting the music

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Imo everyone should watch tetrisphere once with no idea what's going on and then have someone tell you that the mode they ran plays way more like panel de pon than tetris where the goal is making groups of 3 to clear them rather than any lines and then watch 1 level and have it go from incomprehensible to kind of tedious to watch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well that was a fast run

I'm gonna head off to work, so hope the SNES block will be good for later viewing, catch you later tonight.

e: DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 6, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Watching VODS owns cause unless they're British you can watch at 2x speed and really cram the runs in there

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Skyblazer might be one of the best games no one ever heard about on the SNES.

I got stuck on a early boss who is a rolling eye.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Skyblazer might be one of the best games no one ever heard about on the SNES.

I got stuck on a early boss who is a rolling eye.

That one?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can assure you it's very hard

e: I'm always impressed on how much Blechy seems to know about such a variety on games, he's either some kind of gaming mastermind or simply does his research very throughly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

I can assure you it's very hard

Didn't mean to imply otherwise I was just wondering. :shobon:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's kind of a standard thing watching these events where someone will completely clown a boss or an area you have been eternally stuck in. It's somewhat cathartic.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i got this briefly confused with soulblazer when i woke up but it's still a cool game

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Holy poo poo, Skyblazer must have the most generous crusher mechanics I've ever seen.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the goemon series is one of those classics of game, i'm sad the series didn't really make it in the modern era

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"A wonderful run to wake up from my childhood"

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Every intermission needs some dude up front just jamming to the music.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vermain posted:

the goemon series is one of those classics of game, i'm sad the series didn't really make it in the modern era

yes, also sad we never got most of the series here at all. i have the 2nd and 4th super famicom releases and they kick rear end.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i never played a goemon but i'm digging this soundtrack

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
All I need to know about Japanese Cultural Traditions I learned from 90's video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brother Entropy posted:

i never played a goemon

never a bad time to get into this series imo