Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
98% of dog owners are awful and shouldn't own dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
"he's just playing"

that is not a valid excuse for you being too lazy to train him to not behave like a wild animal, stop it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I saw a lady walking a cat on a leash on the street once it seemed powerful.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

I saw a lady walking a cat on a leash on the street once it seemed powerful.

It's a good thing to do if your cat likes it. If your cat doesn't then don't keep trying to leash them because they will either die of stress or become a broken zombie cat that still dies young.

Also keep your cat indoors. Balconies and cat-proof yards and so on are fine but if your cat "needs" to run amok in the neighbourhood then you are a bad cat owner. They need stimulation inside the home, for their own well-being and for that of the local ecology. Yes, all the local ecologies.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"he's just playing"

that is not a valid excuse for you being too lazy to train him to not behave like a wild animal, stop it.

Or when someone says this while encouraging my dogs to misbehave. They are rescues that are pretty well behaved, but they still have things to learn and giving them treats and praising negative behavior is not helping. My parents are the worst for this and my dogs know they can get away with it when we are at their house.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Atticus_1354 posted:

Or when someone says this while encouraging my dogs to misbehave. They are rescues that are pretty well behaved, but they still have things to learn and giving them treats and praising negative behavior is not helping. My parents are the worst for this and my dogs know they can get away with it when we are at their house.

My mom and aunts: ugh they never behave! Why won’t they stop snatching food off the table
Also my mom and aunts: here you go, here’s you’re leftovers right off the table

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Israel should exist, but between the Oder and the Rhein

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what is wrong with you

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The unpopular opinion thread.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People who lurk on internet forums are weird

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

people who ignore are also weird

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hawowanlawow posted:

people who ignore are also weird

Ignoring people is fine, its announcing it that's weird

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You are a Bad Poster and I am Good Poster for saying "Wow Buddy, Welcome to the Ignore List"

alt: gently caress the ignore list im just going to whine loud enough until the mods and admins start debating whether they should ban me or close down an entire subforum

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
googling "spider man venom" and spending 5 minutes looking at the cool pictures is infinitely more stimulating than watching a 2 hour long movie that's mostly just boring people

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Venom--at least Venom as most people know him--is the worst of the major Spider-Man villains, and Carnage is so garbage he doesn't even count as a major villain. They're an utter waste of resources who coast entirely on their aesthetic design.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One time on a flight between Japan and Honolulu the man in a row front of me watched the Venom film at least 4 times. Which honestly is pretty cool, it inspired me to watch it once.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

mind the walrus posted:

Venom--at least Venom as most people know him--is the worst of the major Spider-Man villains, and Carnage is so garbage he doesn't even count as a major villain. They're an utter waste of resources who coast entirely on their aesthetic design.

that must be why its so fine just to look at the google images

Also I learned today that there are like 9 other symbiotes

edit: I take back what I said about comic book movies, at least they are passable and only last 2 (sometimes 4) hours. The real garbage is all these low budget netflix comic book shows, a trend that probably started with smallville which had nearly 220 episodes! what the actual gently caress. thats nearly 150 hours of low budget low effort comic book swill

JollyBoyJohn has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Jan 6, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Netflix comic book shows actually had massive budgets, that's why they all got canceled.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly, and this is unpopular because I'm going to shamelessly suck corporate dick here, but 99% of non-Marvel/DC superhero shows suck. They were written by people with a passing familiarity with the genre at best and it always shows. They're always a good 10-20 years behind the curve of where superhero fiction at Marvel/DC are. The Boys was loving embarrassing with how out of step it was with post-2002 superheroes, which is a double shame because the market is super hungry for irreverent piss-taking of Marvel/DC.

The irony is that there really are good third-party superhero comics out there, but they never translate to shows/movies, with the notable exception of Del Toro's Hellboy.

And while not that unpopular, the CW DC superhero shows are some of the best adaptations of comics ever. You can tell literally everyone on the show thinks that what they are making is the stupidest bullshit imaginable, but they've learned to let go and have as much fun as possible with the material, and that makes it work. Plus their costume department really isn't afraid to "go there" and it hits that old Star Trek sweet spot where you kind-of dig the costumes but you're also laughing at the poor actors forced to wear them.

Aphrodite posted:

The Netflix comic book shows actually had massive budgets, that's why they all got canceled.
They made the big mistake of insisting on shooting in NYC. Like I'm not saying they needed to go to Vancouver like all the other shows in the world do, but you can tell so much of their budget got eaten up on trying to portray an "authentic" NYC. Like gently caress off you're making a show about a red ninja and a fat crime boss just go film in downtown St. Louis or some poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ignoring people is fine, its announcing it that's weird

I feel like someone who would announce that they have ignored someone would also be the type of person who would have zero willpower not to click on every ignored post to see what it is.

I've only ignored one person ever and when I ran into their posts years later I forgot who they were or why I'd ignored them ( I think they had said they'd ignored me lol) and seeing their blocked posts just made me want to see them more haha.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I have 3 people on my ignore list and I have no idea who they are or why I ignored them. I must have done it years ago because I can't imagine why I'd ever feel compelled to push that button. Like the above poster said I'd just assume they're talking poo poo about me when I see a blocked post and click on it anyway.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

mind the walrus posted:

actually venom and carnage are both cool. instead of arguing though, in the spirit of compromise let's agree that Sentry is The Worst. just awful. consistently.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rainbow Knight posted:

actually venom and carnage are both cool. instead of arguing though, in the spirit of compromise let's agree that Sentry is The Worst. just awful. consistently.

Agent Venom and Carnage-as-a-natural disaster are kind-of cool. Eddie Brock and Cletus Kassidy or whatever his name one can suck a gently caress.

:agreed: though that the Sentry is consistently terrible. He would have been ok as a "what-if" miniseries, but outside of a few small moments--namely his use as a plot device with Norman Osborn during that whole Secret Invasion-through-Siege "Dark Avengers" period--he has indeed been terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyone whose favorite comic character comes from the 90s should be on a watch list.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
change da worl

my final message

godbye

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jan 7, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone whose favorite comic character comes from the 90s should be on a watch list.

Luffy is powerful and fights for his dream and his friends!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Rainbow Knight posted:

Sentry is like the point Marvel Comics stopped being fun and stupid and became tryhard and dumb instead. Like aside from Waid’s Daredevil, Vision and Fraction/Aja’s Hawkeye, most Marvel comics since like 2008 have been pandering, self-serious bullshit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

Sentry is like the point Marvel Comics stopped being fun and stupid and became tryhard and dumb instead. Like aside from Waid’s Daredevil, Vision and Fraction/Aja’s Hawkeye, most Marvel comics since like 2008 have been pandering, self-serious bullshit.

Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel should both be on that list too.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I have 3 people on my ignore list and I have no idea who they are or why I ignored them. I must have done it years ago because I can't imagine why I'd ever feel compelled to push that button. Like the above poster said I'd just assume they're talking poo poo about me when I see a blocked post and click on it anyway.

I ignored jastiger once and it just made me read his posts more

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If it makes you feel better I have you on ignore

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's some good superhero comics but it's really not wading through all the poo poo to find the few gems. Just read mangas. Way more good stuff in manga

Demisexual Papyrus
Jan 6, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel should both be on that list too.

interesting that you singled out two progressive, feminist comics

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Demisexual Papyrus posted:

interesting that you singled out two progressive, feminist comics

That's not the only reason they're good but it is one of them.

Demisexual Papyrus
Jan 6, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That's not the only reason they're good but it is one of them.

it's almost as if readers don't want to read the same comics their grandparents did...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

it's almost as if readers don't want to read the same comics their grandparents did...

Exactly. Modern readers want stories about elves trying to lose weight.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gripweed posted:

There's some good superhero comics but it's really not wading through all the poo poo to find the few gems. Just read mangas. Way more good stuff in manga
How could the first half of your sentence be so right when the second half is so wrong?

Marketing and the Executive level will literally never let superheroes created after 1980 gain traction unless there's either insane demand and/or the creator basically signs over all the important rights and residuals to the company.

The really sad part is that there's still plenty of heroes like that-- I'd bet the new Ms. Marvel falls into that category; no loving way is Sana Amanat, G. Willow Wilson, and Adrian Alphona getting paid good money every time they slap her on a T-shirt-- but most companies are painfully risk-averse and insist on tying characters to existing franchises and worlds.

DC Comics actually had a high risk/high reward hand to play in the early 00s to both differentiate themselves from Marvel and do the "shared universe" and "hip and edgy" thing first by promoting their second and third-generation heroes as primary players and minimizing old stalwarts like Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. They actively walked it back because Bronze Age (1975-1985) fetishism ruled editorial. They're still crawling their way out of that hole nearly two decades later where yeah they're doing fine, but they could have taken control. Yes I will die mad about this and no I don't care that this is Walgreens.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Actually you'll find that manga, like anime, is... good

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Literally every anime or manga I've tried to read or adapt to since 2007 has made me feel like I should be on a loving watchlist for looking at it and I dare you to name something completely bereft of the otaku factor-- and no "deconstructionist takes" don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elfquest was never any good.