Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Schmeichy posted:

Is there really no snow in Illinois in January or did you move

Still in Chicago. It's been in the 40's pretty reliably recently. No snow has stuck except for the snow we got on Halloween. :tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

tacodaemon posted:

women's lives often seem a lot more fun in incel fantasies than in real life

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidFutrelle/status/1214328065779740672

in reality

https://www.gq.com/story/truck-stop-killer-gq-november-2012?printable=true

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

HATECUBE posted:

felt like a good time to say

tm,rup

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

SKULL.GIF posted:

Invading Chicago plotline from January 2017 coming full circle

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1214333364997697536

Ah, Captain Sisko, aka Bell, thank u

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Elephanthead posted:

Its 50 degrees now, so much for global warming.

Jfc, warm weather and legal weed, looks like California is coming to you

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

durumph

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
v:shobon:v

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Pancakes posted:

Attention lurkers: Posting adorable pet photos is also content.

does this count?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Schmeichy posted:

Jfc, warm weather and legal weed, looks like California is coming to you

I'm boring straight edge but I hear that the weed from dispensaries is something like 1.5 times as expensive as the regular market.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

to all lurkers, posting food content is a punishable offence unless it is rhode island pizza

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's loving depressing that the fyad thing had to fester so long before someone actually did something about it

i guess it's difficult to reconceptualize "the subforum where the rules are different"

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Pancakes posted:

I'm boring straight edge but I hear that the weed from dispensaries is something like 1.5 times as expensive as the regular market.

That'll even out, I bet

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cao Ni Ma posted:

to all lurkers, posting food content is a punishable offence unless it is rhode island pizza

Every stromboli posting brings you closer to never having to post again.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Pancakes posted:

This is true - also if you don't have your medical card or are not willing to stand in line for a few hours, you will not be getting a sniff of legal weed in Chicago for a while

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

:unsmith:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

twoday posted:

when large numbers of German and Irish immigrants came to america in the 19th century they were scene as a foreign cultural threat to the WASPs who were already established, and so there was yet another thick layer of prejudice added to american culture, and in the 20th century these groups were replaced with Italians and Poles, and later on with other immigrant groups; it's all part of a rich tapestry of intolerance and xenophobia

i still don't get why there's so many weirdly specific polish jokes about architecture, like building poo poo upside down etc. not like i have a ton of experience but they seem to build completely normal stuff like everyone else?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Lol you think we have laws

lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

truempa

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

this is an unconstitutional report

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

rhode island pizza lmao

cabinets and coffee milk

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

hot take: little caesars is actually good, and it’s my go to “wife is out of the house, eat like a trash man” dinner

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Third World Reagan posted:

quest, ignore your son
learn to drive
hide from chichi

i,m into it

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

Pancakes posted:

Attention lurkers: Posting adorable pet photos is also content.

gently caress I love her

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i still don't get why there's so many weirdly specific polish jokes about architecture, like building poo poo upside down etc. not like i have a ton of experience but they seem to build completely normal stuff like everyone else?

weird, racist jokes aren't based in reality?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Quotey posted:

this is an unconstitutional report

presidential harassment in the first degree.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Like its clear what the response should be under normal circumstances, the general did the right thing and he probably was lead to believe that he should start writing that memorandum but at the same time it was also clear what the white house stance on the matter is. They've been trying to pressure iraq behind the scenes to let them stay.

it would not shock me if immediately after the assassination, a bunch of very tense conversations happened between iraqi leadership and american leadership on the ground

it would not shock me if americans, ashamed of their piss president, made very safe promises and statements like "if your people vote to throw us out, we will leave, thats the law, were following the law"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A kinder gentler cspam experience

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Schmeichy posted:

That'll even out, I bet

It already has in my area of California. Prices are now equal for the high end and lower at the low end for the same amount from before it became illegal.

The only difference, I use to get a lot more "additional" stuff as perks, now because it's tracked, I get something like a lighter... sometimes.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

6 hour probes are badges of honor here *until an outside admin uses your probes as an excuse to ban you

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I go home and eat some sushi and now FYAD is closed?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

honestly tho in many ways fyad was worse than the iranian general so in many ways yall got a better shake

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Many of these jokes exist in other cultures, for instance most of those same jokes are often made about the Belgians by the Dutch. The punchline to all of them is "(other group) is a bunch of morons who do things differently than us." it's just xenophobia and looking down at foreign cultures

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i was in a meeting today where a bunch of career air force civil servants shared Awesome Soleimani Memes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pot dispensaries charge a premium because they know they have the weed industry in a vice grip and can get away with it

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Iron Crowned posted:

what would happen if you ate even more sushi?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Iron Crowned posted:

Take a trip to Japan next time. Maybe Stormfront will get shut down.

DryGoods posted:

what would happen if you ate even more sushi?

GOD DAMMIT.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

should maybe eat more sushi then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

both my power and reach are immense