Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

"AWW THERE WAS RAD-AWAY RIGHT HERE?!"
https://i.imgur.com/mVTGjD5.mp4
"That's what we call a learning moment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i have to imagine outer worlds is pretty broken because it's obsidian and because it's lower budget

it's actually substantially less broken than any of the fallout/skyrim games, the any% run is pretty tame by comparison

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

That entire Fallout section might have been one of the best speedruns they have ever had.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

last year had "avoid the noid" and i was weeping with laughter for about four hours straight

BGDQ is the best GDQ.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I had to head home from work and missed everything from the start of 2 to the opening of 4, really looking forward to the NV re-watch especially

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Adnor posted:

That entire Fallout section might have been one of the best speedruns they have ever had.

it's a top 5 run for sure, dude knew how to play an audience and managed to get a bunch of hilarious off-the-rails moments

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i still need to play more than an hour of the outer worlds :sweatdrop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

i still need to play more than an hour of the outer worlds :sweatdrop:

It only takes 30~ minutes to complete??? :confused:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

misread it as outer wilds and thought i might have to not watch bcos wilds looks good and i havnt pl;ayed it yet but this game seems bad so i dont mind spoilers

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

It only takes 30~ minutes to complete??? :confused:

yeah but i spent 45 minutes deciding on a character build so i still got 15 more minutes to go

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

taht fifteen minutes will be all you need.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah but i spent 45 minutes deciding on a character build so i still got 15 more minutes to go

:hmmyes:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The g is silent

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://youtu.be/3zuEfmmCA5s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

parvati is my ace friend

although i usually rolled with nyoka and the pirate woman in my party

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

this guy sounds like dom deluise's character in Men in Tights.

Man. that fallout speedrun though, that was epic. definitely on my list of "Best gdq runs". doesn't quiiiiite beat the deus ex run from a few years ago for me, but its close.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So what were the must-watch Sonic runs earlier today?

Roll of Quarters
Jan 7, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

So what were the must-watch Sonic runs earlier today?

The 06 run was dope, didn't watch the others.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Stux posted:

misread it as outer wilds and thought i might have to not watch bcos wilds looks good and i havnt pl;ayed it yet but this game seems bad so i dont mind spoilers

gonna be honest a wilds speedrun would probably be really boring because the nature of the game means "skipping to the end" is kind of irrelevant

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

President Ark posted:

gonna be honest a wilds speedrun would probably be really boring because the nature of the game means "skipping to the end" is kind of irrelevant

yeah just from what i know about the concept of the game im guessing it would probabbly be like the gone home speedrun or something

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That sequence break of just that guy to open the door in The Outer Worlds is great

Also the speedrunner who is doing this has a voice that makes me think he would say "hmelly" instead of "smelly"

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Stux posted:

yeah just from what i know about the concept of the game im guessing it would probabbly be like the gone home speedrun or something

gone home...speedrun? but..why. i mean i guess speedrunners will speedrun every game possible, but...that sounds dreadful. (i did really enjoy gone home, couldnt imagine a speedrun of it being interesting..)

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Okay, I just got home and only caught the last five minutes of that run but this whole evening block looks incredible. Outer Worlds, Amid Evil, Doom '16 100%?

Time to get comfy.

Unless all of those runs are amazing they wont match up to the run you just missed

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pretty good run, though it's admittedly hard to follow up on the fallout anthology

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SpRahl posted:

Unless all of those runs are amazing they wont match up to the run you just missed

Yeah too bad the fallout run is gone forever???

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

this was literally the 2nd speedrun I ever watched on any AGDQ, lol

its kinda all downhill from here.

(mostly)

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Aishlinn posted:

gone home...speedrun? but..why. i mean i guess speedrunners will speedrun every game possible, but...that sounds dreadful. (i did really enjoy gone home, couldnt imagine a speedrun of it being interesting..)

sometimes a speedrun is less enjoyable as a viewing experience and more as a theorycrafting exercise and all that

that's why people do runs of games that traditionally would seem quite boring, because it is funny to people who do this sort of thing too much to try and apply speedrun concepts to games like that. and hey, sometimes you get comedy gold like Myst, but not every time. It's an experiment, they don't all work out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

when i saw the ending that mentioned The Sun won i assumed it was some faction you could side with, not....that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I had to take care of something while he was in the memory den and missed the rest of the Fallout 4 run.

What did I miss?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

SpRahl posted:

doom '16 will be good. (probably). dont know anything about amid evil or doom sigil

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"it's really fun to run but I'd never in a million years actually play it" seems to be a pretty common enough sentiment

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I wish I could have beat Outer Worlds in 15 minutes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Aishlinn posted:

doom '16 will be good. (probably). dont know anything about amid evil or doom sigil

Sigil is Doom 1 episode 5. John Romero made all the maps, they were released last may. Amid Evil is the best game of 2K19.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

awww what the, how you gonna see "Buckethead" as an option and vote for the other one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

I wish I could have beat Outer Worlds in 15 minutes.

you can do it, i believe in u

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

sometimes a speedrun is less enjoyable as a viewing experience and more as a theorycrafting exercise and all that

that's why people do runs of games that traditionally would seem quite boring, because it is funny to people who do this sort of thing too much to try and apply speedrun concepts to games like that. and hey, sometimes you get comedy gold like Myst, but not every time. It's an experiment, they don't all work out.

well you'd know more than anyone, you can take a great plot-heavy experience like silent hill 2, and make it hilarious by speedrunning it. Myst at least has a lot of puzzles and stuff..gone home is basically like reading a book, but you have to walk from page to page. but yeah, i get it.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Sigil is Doom 1 episode 5. John Romero made all the maps, they were released last may. Amid Evil is the best game of 2K19.

How is it compared to DUSK, the best game of 2018?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

you can do it, i believe in u

Beat it once and that is more than enough.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Adnor posted:

Absolutely. The ridiculous nature of the run itself (FO4 in particular) along with Tomato being just fun as hell, it was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Adnor posted:

How is it compared to DUSK, the best game of 2018?

mmm...About as good I'd say.