Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Boris says "Hold my sherry".

At least Palmerston gave us those cool forts, the only physical legacy of Bojo's Wild Ride is going to be some new 50ps.

also bridges! or well, more likely promises and sketches and excuses for the lack of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

For when you need your grandma to know you're a nerd?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

For when you need your grandma to know you're a nerd?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is on TV tomorrow and looks good

https://amp.ft.com/content/6cfa0bb8-2b2c-11ea-a126-99756bd8f45e?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmIvKZrub1M

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

It's pulling the 'model minority' poo poo which is not exactly progressive, and in a paper that loves fascists.

However if any other group than white boys was performing like this

then the usual lot would be pretending to sip whiskey and polish their skulls talking about genetic inferiority, so it's very strange that in this instance they all came out with "white males, the true persecuted minority" with no further analysis :iiam: so I can see why it might be fun to poke that nest.

e: ^^^ it's actually the narrow skull of the masculinized caucasoid that limits learning *sips apple harvest*

Clearly we need to ban free school meals for because they are making the young indolent :catstare:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lemmings is first class and Worms is second class?

Glad the royal mail was privatised now, gently caress em

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

Clearly we need to ban free school meals for because they are making the young indolent :catstare:
Giles Coren: Clearly the problem is that the free school meals aren't Chinese. The Chinaboys are doing fine on free Chinese meals because of their diet of racist noises.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

The problem with Corbyn is that he wasn't tuss enuss

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/JeremyVineOn5/status/1214494220859387904

Curse level six.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/JMPSimor/status/1214294989972398081

:decorum:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Populous. loving Populous. I take it all back, patriotism is the devil's own anus.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wipeout though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HJB posted:

Populous. loving Populous. I take it all back, patriotism is the devil's own anus.

Populous was great.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The gently caress is up with Lara in that submersible? I must have missed that game.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HJB posted:

patriotism is the devil's own anus.

OwlFancier posted:

Wipeout though.
:staredog:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HJB posted:

Populous was loving awesome. Don't let Peter Molyneux being Peter Molyneux ever since detract from a genuinely great game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I played a bunch of the wipeout demo when I was a kid and you could go absurdly fast in it, also the soundtrack was pretty good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Got a job interview later today for one I'm wildly underqualified for lol

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

What could anyone have against Populous.

I mean, it’s not the best Populous, Populous 3. But even so.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

the newer wipeouts were pretty cool, the crystal method on the soundtrack was ace.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

When i went for the interview for my current place, they asked if i had done MacOS administration before and i said "Nope, but i can google stuff". Ended up getting the job and on the first day my boss asked me to do something and i said "I dont know how to do that on a mac" His response was "Oh, so you werent lying in the interview about never using macs before?" Motherfucker why would i lie about that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

My bum clenched just reading that :v:

Good luck!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

When i went for the interview for my current place, they asked if i had done MacOS administration before and i said "Nope, but i can google stuff". Ended up getting the job and on the first day my boss asked me to do something and i said "I dont know how to do that on a mac" His response was "Oh, so you werent lying in the interview about never using macs before?" Motherfucker why would i lie about that?

this is a marketing intelligence role primarily and thats something i've never done. it also wants project management experience which I also haven't done. why the gently caress they want me for an interview i don't know but i reckon its because i'd be cheaper than the other candidates

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

What could anyone have against Populous.

I mean, it’s not the best Populous, Populous 3. But even so.
Its been 22 years since that game was released and in that time at no point has any developer embraced the joy of loving up your opponent by creating a massive volcano right in the middle of their base.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

As a rule, if you can do half the poo poo they specify in the job description, you're a potential. Unless it's for, like, a lifeguard job and you do have your own swimming kit but can't actually swim or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

this is a marketing intelligence role primarily and thats something i've never done. it also wants project management experience which I also haven't done. why the gently caress they want me for an interview i don't know but i reckon its because i'd be cheaper than the other candidates

As long as they're willing to give you money to gently caress up their company that's their problem not yours :v:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Dizzy is the bastard child of that selection. Seriously, loving Dizzy? I guess it was felt that it wouldn’t be appropriate, but it’s pretty weird that GTA wouldn’t be on there, considering that it’s British and one of the biggest game franchises of all time.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

He's clearly just taken a big poo poo on someone's doorstep, the massive shitter :mad:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Red Oktober posted:

The gently caress is up with Lara in that submersible? I must have missed that game.

It's from the unjustly maligned Tomb Raider Chronicles. I played through the whole 90s PSOne series last year and that one is the shortest and most straightforward (and therefore most enjoyable). They're good games once you get to grips with the control system!

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Comrade Fakename posted:

Dizzy is the bastard child of that selection. Seriously, loving Dizzy? I guess it was felt that it wouldn’t be appropriate, but it’s pretty weird that GTA wouldn’t be on there, considering that it’s British and one of the biggest game franchises of all time.

DMA is already represented by their better game, Lemmings.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pretty rude to shittalk GTA when it's currently on at GDQ.

Just tabbed back and he's driving a hippy van through a forest. How can you hate this you monster?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

HJB posted:

But it gave us populous: the beginning, so I'll happily tongue that anus

E: oh i didn't refresh, and now i see there's a queue

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmfao "sensible soccer" is the most british soundign game ive ever heard of

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

bump_fn posted:

No "fun" software please, we're british https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensible_Software

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

find me a better game theme song than cannon fodder

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

A few years ago when I was a freelance (i.e. unemployed) online copywriter, I got a call from a recruitment agency - I didn’t apply for the job, they got my CV from LinkedIn or something - about a job as an SEO manager. I tell the woman that of course I know all about SEO, but just to be clear, I’ve never worked in a specifically SEO-focused role. She says that’s totally fine, they have a new, broader idea of what an SEO manager can be, that I would be perfect for the position, and books me an interview.

I drag myself into central London to the office of this company. The interview goes well, but I again make it clear to the guy that I’ve never worked directly on SEO. It’s no problem, he says, they envision the role as a wider editorial position, with just an eye on SEO from a content marketing viewpoint. I say great.

A few days later I get a call from the recruitment agency telling me that I didn’t get the job because I didn’t have enough SEO experience.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

bump_fn posted:

It's football on this side of the pond, yank.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

Duck Tales. Bubble Bobble.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

But it gave us populous: the beginning, so I'll happily tongue that anus

E: oh i didn't refresh, and now i see there's a queue

PTB was good, I have no issue with that, put the anus away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE