Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

there is a race of fish head/reverse mermaid aliens that everyone finds repulsive, i think

we basically have fish heads already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

The rats are back in town

Looks like rat's back on the menu, boys! JK, welcome back snoo!

tacodaemon posted:

also one of the things you learn living in/around DC for decades is just how easy it is for people to convince themselves they are self-made randian supermen despite making all their money rent-seeking off of taxpayer-funded free poo poo the fedgov does

Fact. I worked for a company that started out as a couple guys huddling in the basement of the SEC snatching up free copies of SEC filings, photocopying them and messengering them to investors in the pre-internet days. With the coming of the internet they turned this into a securities research firm with offices on both coasts, a few hundred employees and a big boss man who would stalk around the cubicles spouting off about how liberals were all pussies. There were several such companies that treated the document room in the SEC as a natural resource like oil or timber.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMKRYH0jb4

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Hatebag posted:

I always liked seeing the fat alien in a trenchcoat that has to vape to stay alive

You should really hang out near SAIC sometime, then.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

petit choux posted:

Looks like rat's back on the menu, boys! JK, welcome back snoo!

Fact. I worked for a company that started out as a couple guys huddling in the basement of the SEC snatching up free copies of SEC filings, photocopying them and messengering them to investors in the pre-internet days. With the coming of the internet they turned this into a securities research firm with offices on both coasts, a few hundred employees and a big boss man who would stalk around the cubicles spouting off about how liberals were all pussies. There were several such companies that treated the document room in the SEC as a natural resource like oil or timber.

well now they're gonna defund all those dumb lib fed agencies and privatize them, wait what the gently caress

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Apraxin posted:

tuck tuck's real mad that foreign adventures might distract trump from purging the US of 'undesirables'
https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1214361327944314880

God drat, I'm agreeing w Tucker Carlson. Things are getting a little weird.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

while I agree with you I still have a soft spot in my heart for Voyager and the neverending time travel retcons

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the tunnel man has made great progress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14GAdBJ-fw

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Tucker Carlson: "Holocaust at home, not abroad!"

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

while I agree with you I still have a soft spot in my heart for Voyager and the neverending time travel retcons

I just watched the lizard sex episode and I regretted it immensely

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

logikv9 posted:

may I also point you to the Star Trek: Voyager episode "threshold" which does not help things

how many star treks are there??

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pancakes posted:

You should really hang out near SAIC sometime, then.

They do have a sick rear end museum, iirc. They had bruce nauman's clown torture when i went there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YorcQscxV5Y

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pancakes posted:

There was an episode addressing that, I thought. A kind of scavenger hunt where at the end they find out that everyone has a common ancestor and the Romulans and Cardassians get super offended and say it must be bullshit and beam out.

q episode. all of life is Picard dna

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

how many star treks are there??

Only one I really remember is Undiscovered Country, that was a pretty good movie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mammals : fish
birds : fish
reptiles: fish

fish : fish

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty elaborate grave he has going there

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I watched like 3 episodes of voyager and in one of them a main cast member ia romantically involved with a 2 year old or something but it's ok because she has an adult's body. That was the end of my voyage

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

stuffed crust punk posted:

what app is this

quakes

it’s v good. I have an alert sent to my phone for anything over a 6 pointer

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

They did data petty wrong in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2I35ReZ5A

classic, timeless. i will always love this

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

What are you, the Pope in an impoverished region?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dolphin posted:

pretty elaborate grave he has going there

yea he's been at it for years. started out just dragging rocks and now he has several rooms and poo poo

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

what’s the end goal here? sealing someone in a wall or making a skin suit?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

fish : worms

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aino Minako posted:

what’s the end goal here? sealing someone in a wall or making a skin suit?

Not thinking about death

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dolphin posted:

fish : worms

def not .

jfc

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

logikv9 posted:

didnt voyager have an episode where the rock space wrestled 7 of 9?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

def not .

jfc
they definitely are

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Eye ran

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

My favorite was when Red Foreman kept changing the universe to find a timeline where his son wasn't a dumbass

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dolphin posted:

when i was a child i thought geordie was my dad

still not convinced he isn't
LeVar Burton is all our dads

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
tarbump

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

didnt voyager have an episode where the rock space wrestled 7 of 9?

lol i forgot that

remember when duncan and connor mcleod fought Edge* and duncan pointed his sword at Edge's wiener and said "i think hes lost his Edge" and Edge made this face like he poo poo his pants?

*last time i talked about this i said The Edge but ive since learned that The Edge is the guy in U2

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

“The transporter doesn’t just send information on how to build a copy of you," Blakeney concludes. "It sends you… soul and all.”
“Of course it does!” Crusher responds. “Do you think we could ever step into the thing, if we weren’t sure of that?”

Cut from the episode:

Riker: "explain Thomas then, bitches"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Shave and a haircut.

Trump shits.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
geordie was too much of a dork to gently caress

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

My favorite was when Red Foreman kept changing the universe to find a timeline where his son wasn't a dumbass

So, like Captain Archer, he never returned home?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

zegermans posted:

Cut from the episode:

Riker: "explain Thomas then, bitches"

lmao

i bet thomas has the soul and will is the empty phony

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

technically no cos they had prototype warp tech i think

they were about to turn on a subspace seti scope i think, which would have unavoidably picked up warp signatures and ferengi boner pill ads and so on, that would have laid bare the reality of diverse alien life around them

so picard and the d-gang swing by to give the govt the So, You Are About to Upend Planetary Society pamphlet and there are sex shenanigans w bebe neuwirth that lead the govt to decide that they shouldnt do science until there are no more reactionary conservatives left. the planet is never heard from again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1214389267935313921?s=20

what the hell has joementum been up to