Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

Taysom Hill was the #1 Motherfucker at Flagship Motherfucker University BYU and it felt like he was there for 20 years and he was just unbearable there too and now that he's in the NFL on the Saints of all teams I still cannot escape hearing about This Motherfucker Taysom Hill

*thousand-yard stare while I remember Taysom Hill running for 185 against Texas while wearing a knee brace*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Never boring for sure

https://twitter.com/skooks/status/1213951039499591680

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait for starting Patriots QB Taysom Hill as a new dynasty begins.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I'm just glad Drew Brees is cooked. You had a good run, Saints.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
God drat, imagine if Drew and Tom retired this offseason.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Chilichimp posted:

God drat, imagine if Drew and Tom retired this offseason.

And possibly Ben, Phillip, and Eli.

We all knew that the old guard was going to leave eventually, but it's wild that it might happen all at once

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

really queer Christmas posted:

The atlanta jerseys are cringy but I will defend deez lutz to the death

I hate to ever say anything good about the Saints but the Deez Lutz jersey owns.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The Saints are overdue for another 7-9 season. I think Sunday was who they really are right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

I hate to ever say anything good about the Saints but the Deez Lutz jersey owns.

Deez Lutz is the best money spent on a custom jersey in recent memory.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Thank you Cowboys for taking Fat Mike from the Panthers. Whew.

Now all we gotta do is avoid Josh McDaniels.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

waah posted:

it really grinds my gears that the only professionally successful collegiate athlete from my alma mater went with the saints. I proudly shout "gently caress THE SAINTS" often enough during games but I always whisper "except wil lutz" at the end

I'm doubly owned that the falcons signed the guy from georgia southern as well

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

noted war crime defender tossing shade and spreading the blame

sad, but predictable from the player who hasn't won a big game in over a decade (and has never won mvp)

https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1213945405785985025?s=20

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/ZoneCoverageMN/status/1213926712217616384

I dunno, looks like that receiver at the bottom of the screen was slanting in basically open, and Gitmo tour enjoyer Drew Brees couldn't hack it

not a real leadership move to blame others for your fumbles :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Masterful trolling gents. :tipshat:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

not a real leadership move to blame others for your fumbles :shrug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That was an excellent weekend of football, I must say. Pats, Eagles, Saints...the trifecta.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints are overdue for another 7-9 season. I think Sunday was who they really are right now.

Agreed and I think itll be because the offense takes a step back, which is why I posted that question about payton.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

really queer Christmas posted:

Agreed and I think itll be because the offense takes a step back, which is why I posted that question about payton.

I mean, if you think you need to re-tool the entire offense then I guess I makes sense to consider if you need to blow out the coaching staff. But you'd probably need to blow out the entire front office in that case, which was made easier with the reorganization of the basketball side of the business.

I don't really care which direction they go as long as they pick one and stick with it.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1214236905065340928?s=19

three
Aug 9, 2007

Alonso is a dirty player.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

three posted:

Alonso is a dirty player.

That is... a fascinating post/av combo.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1214562672345153536?s=21

Well there it is

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yes motherfucker yes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hell yeah Panthers

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rhule definitely seems like a great hire. Curious to see what his staff looks like.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I'm cautiously optimistic!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

noted war crime defender tossing shade and spreading the blame

sad, but predictable from the player who hasn't won a big game in over a decade (and has never won mvp)

https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1213945405785985025?s=20

Do you really want to start talking about someone’s QB being accountable for a fumble in a playoff game

Do you, of all people

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

Do you really want to start talking about someone’s QB being accountable for a fumble in a playoff game

Do you, of all people

He might have run from the ball but he didn’t run from the blame.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

FizFashizzle posted:

He might have run from the ball but he didn’t run from the blame.

He hid under a towel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

really shameful saints fan would speak ill of the dead

and with their rich hoodoo religion (not voodoo. that's what that one lovely movie taught me)

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Can we preemptively ban Rhule name puns? Gotta nip that in the bud.

The more I read about him the more I think he will plan for the draft with Cam as the starter, but keep an open mind if someone like Tua falls or the price to move up (or back) is right. He likes RPO which Cam is perfect for. But obviously if the former consensus #1 overall is there for the taking.

That said I would also be happy with Jeff Okuda at CB, Andrew Thomas at OT, or Derrick Brown at DT.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I don't know if Tepper will create an environment for Rhule to succeed, but it drat sure is better than whatever the Giants are doing.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Slowpoke! posted:

The more I read about him the more I think he will plan for the draft with Cam as the starter, but keep an open mind if someone like Tua falls or the price to move up (or back) is right. He likes RPO which Cam is perfect for. But obviously if the former consensus #1 overall is there for the taking.

That said I would also be happy with Jeff Okuda at CB, Andrew Thomas at OT, or Derrick Brown at DT.

Nope, I'm ready to go all in and break out the jams from the early 2000s.

WHAT I BE WITHOUT RHULE??????

I ONLY THINK ABOUT RHULE???

I KNOW YOU TIRED OF BEING LONLELY

SO CAMMY CAM PUT IT ON MEEEEEE

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I've given some thought as to what I think the Saints need to do in the off season. I'm probably wong in every conceivable way, but I'm going to air my bloviations.

First off, 25 players enter free agency, including all three quarterbacks. Now is the perfect time to blow things up and start over.

First, the quarterback situation: Payton can keep Taysom Hill only if he can be kept for cheap. Otherwise send him on his merry way. Brees should only stay if he's willing to get paid what he actually produces. If he balls or tries to hold out he can go soak some other team in free agency. finally, lock up Bridgewater. I don't know that he's the long term future, but he's good enoufhyfor the short term.

Next, after you've saved cap space from the quarterback position, use that money to bolster the defense and add depth to the receiving corps and the O- line whether through free agency or the draft.

Whatever the outcome, the Saints aren't going to make a deep playoff run based on their quartback. They'll need to look a lot more like the 2008 Giants or the 2015 Broncos to have a chance of sniffing a championship.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, I would agree that locking up Bridgewater, regardless of what Brees or Hill ask for should be the Saints' top priority at QB. If nothing else, you don't want to lose him and have him end up in TB.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Slowpoke! posted:

I'm all for making a Rhule about it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Slowpoke! posted:

I wouldn't rhule it out.

three
Aug 9, 2007

waah posted:

Nope, I'm ready to go all in and break out the jams from the early 2000s.

WHAT I BE WITHOUT RHULE??????

I ONLY THINK ABOUT RHULE???

I KNOW YOU TIRED OF BEING LONLELY

SO CAMMY CAM PUT IT ON MEEEEEE

:hmmyes: :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

I've given some thought as to what I think the Saints need to do in the off season. I'm probably wong in every conceivable way, but I'm going to air my bloviations.

First off, 25 players enter free agency, including all three quarterbacks. Now is the perfect time to blow things up and start over.

First, the quarterback situation: Payton can keep Taysom Hill only if he can be kept for cheap. Otherwise send him on his merry way. Brees should only stay if he's willing to get paid what he actually produces. If he balls or tries to hold out he can go soak some other team in free agency. finally, lock up Bridgewater. I don't know that he's the long term future, but he's good enoufhyfor the short term.

Next, after you've saved cap space from the quarterback position, use that money to bolster the defense and add depth to the receiving corps and the O- line whether through free agency or the draft.

Whatever the outcome, the Saints aren't going to make a deep playoff run based on their quartback. They'll need to look a lot more like the 2008 Giants or the 2015 Broncos to have a chance of sniffing a championship.

Welcome to 2020, where locking up Bridgewater is a higher priority than brees, but agreed. Giving him a contract with like a lot of performance based pay (superbowl, all pro) is fine, but giving him like 30-40 mil ain't gonna get us anywhere. I wonder what a payton team that prioritised defense would even look like.