Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

T-man posted:

reactionaries the lot of you, calm the gently caress down and let people poop you middle class brainworm hosts

clockwork orange was not a documentary

:eng101: While Anthony Burgess' novel A Clockwork Orange is fiction, it is partially based on a real-life incident during WWII when four drunk American servicemen raped and beat Burgess' first wife Lynne so badly she miscarried

I guess the moral of the story is don't let soldiers in your house

E: new page content
https://twitter.com/JacquelynGill/status/1214367143837544448?s=20

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Jan 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pththya-lyi posted:

:eng101: While Anthony Burgess' novel A Clockwork Orange is fiction, it is partially based on a real-life incident during WWII when four drunk American servicemen raped and beat Burgess' first wife Lynne so badly she miscarried

something tasteless about the third amendment and "rules for thee"

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I'm accidentally part of a very strange Facebook health group which provides me with gems like this...

(hope this works, phone posting and it's been a while...)

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Also this...

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I, too, am frightened that in response to Ebola outbreaks, people...spend money... to try to find a vaccine??

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

sugar mouse posted:

I'm accidentally part of a very strange Facebook health group which provides me with gems like this...

(hope this works, phone posting and it's been a while...)
So if you have dentures does that make you a cyborg?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Darkhold posted:

One would bloody well hope so.

I wonder what tooth pain they think shows you have a problem with your teeth?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Darkhold posted:

no teeth = no teeth pain = live forever

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Darkhold posted:

I think you have been terribly misled about what "bluetooth" is

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Miss posted:

Sounds like someone has been visiting Dr. Cotton

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I recently had an upper incisor removed - does this mean my associated kidney is now dead?!

Also I googled “tooth organ chart” and the amount of dental practices that have these things on their websites is unnerving.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: new page content
https://twitter.com/JacquelynGill/status/1214367143837544448?s=20

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Sometimes I wonder if these people have some kind of condition where they will uncontrollably start posting about whatever bugbear they have even if it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand. Like a kind of psychosis.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who you gonna trust, someone with the literal words “US weather expert” in their handle or some rando who “says” she “teaches” a “class”?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

sugar mouse posted:

Also this...

gently caress you, the ebola vaccines are saving lives. We should have had them ages ago, but yeah funding and interest only really picked up when ebola was in the news over here and the Western World got very afraid for a while.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Docstockk/status/1214480842938036225

"I'm so censored by the trans flags outside my office I had to write an op-ed in a major national newspaper to prove it."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sugar mouse posted:

Also this...

I'm gonna get the ebola vaccine then find this nerd, hold them down, and cough on them.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Remember when Fox went on like a 3 week binge convincing its viewers that Obama was going to bring Ebola into the country and infect potentially millions of Americans?

Then how they completely dropped it after midterms? Yeah that was neat.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Clerical Terrors posted:

Sometimes I wonder if these people have some kind of condition where they will uncontrollably start posting about whatever bugbear they have even if it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand. Like a kind of psychosis.

It's called conservatism.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Miss posted:

but how will i eat the cheese to live double forever??

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This was apparently the first message this guy ever sent the girl. Spoilered for NSFW text:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can we go back to dick pics?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Len posted:

You'll have to let us know what they find, you can't leave us hang now

I once paid $80 to get an x-ray of a constipated cat because they're little balls of chaos and can't just stay healthy

That's insanely cheap to me. When my cat was limping it was like 400 bucks for x rays of his leg because they had to put him under general anesthesia. Nothing was broken.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Len posted:

You'll have to let us know what they find, you can't leave us hang now

The vet is 99% certain that it's this:

https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departm...ous-peritonitis

She's got a couple of months left at best, so it's all about hospice-style care from here. My brain hasn't really processed the news yet.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

My cat has a wound on her nose with both fungal and bacterial infections in it. They migrated up her nose canal too and clogged it up so her "tears" run down the outside. She got antibiotics but she keeps scratching at the wound constantly. I tried putting a cone on her and she went completely insane. Like she stopped eating and she refused to use the litterbox. She would only pee and poop on furniture.

I'll probably have to put her down if the vet says a cone is required because the alternative is to lock her in a room with a plastic floor that I'll have to clean daily and force feed her.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Pastry of the Year posted:

She's got a couple of months left at best, so it's all about hospice-style care from here. My brain hasn't really processed the news yet.

I'm so sorry. :( We lost a cat to what the vet said was probably that when he was just a kitten. It sucks so hard.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fathis Munk posted:

gently caress you, the ebola vaccines are saving lives. We should have had them ages ago, but yeah funding and interest only really picked up when ebola was in the news over here and the Western World got very afraid for a while.

Ebola is a weird case because outbreaks used to happen in the middle of nowhere and flame out stupid quick. Until the 2013 one there were like 2,000 human cases, ever, with only a few, sub-500 person outbreaks a decade.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

oof, that's rough my friend, and I'm sorry to hear that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thank you both, it's very kind of you. I'm not turning this into my own personal chat thread but an update was requested, so.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I got that news a few years back and it makes it easier for me knowing it's coming to be honest. Can spend a lot of time petting the hell out of that cat while you can.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

I got that news a few years back and it makes it easier for me knowing it's coming to be honest. Can spend a lot of time petting the hell out of that cat while you can.

Yeah, my cat is currently 6 months into borrowed time with corticosteroids and having the time of his life, being pampered nonstop. He has lived long enough we're basically over it until the eventual passing, enough to joke about it. Just make sure you love the kitty as much as you can, it's a blessing to know beforehand rather than a sudden loss.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Huh, didn't know that. Yet more reasons to hate america.

FFT posted:

something tasteless about the third amendment and "rules for thee"

the third leg amendment

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/Docstockk/status/1214480842938036225

"I'm so censored by the trans flags outside my office I had to write an op-ed in a major national newspaper to prove it."

it's not a hostile environment because everyone is tired of your bigotry you stupid gently caress, and i hope you find out what one is actually like after you post yourself out of a job firsthand and, preferably, over your gender identity in particular

terfs are always the most coddled white women in the world

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
The best part about that TERF tweet is the fact that she straight up loving lied lmfao:
https://twitter.com/alisonphipps/status/1214486761478479875

In other news:
https://twitter.com/deportablediz/status/1214639870238494721?s=20
OP is not the idiot.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Calling the left hateful when the current conservative platform is "gently caress you if you're not a straight white male christian" is one hell of a take.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

T-man posted:

Huh, didn't know that. Yet more reasons to hate america.

The allies on both fronts basically raped their way across Europe in 44-45 and we don't talk about it because it was The Good War, unless we need to trot out stories of barbaric communists to make nazis look good.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
people do talk about rape committed by american, british, and french soldiers during ww2, where it was frequently treated as a prosecutable criminal act and punished. the difference here is that rape was more often treated not as a crime but a weapon of terror by german, russian, and japanese soldiers, and more frequently tolerated if not openly encouraged. where it ugly in terms of tacit and open sexual assault by american soldiers was in japan and okinawa, because of persistent dehumanization of asian soldiers and civilians by american troops

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

hyperhazard posted:

Calling the left hateful when the current conservative platform is "gently caress you if you're not a straight white male christian" is one hell of a take.

I mean, it's not completely wrong. I really do hate most conservatives and what they stand for. I guess I'm a hypocrite for hating the hate then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grimdude posted:

I mean, it's not completely wrong. I really do hate most conservatives and what they stand for. I guess I'm a hypocrite for hating the hate then.

FWIW I’m sure conservatives hate you too

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You probated yourself but i'm sorry to hear it :( Just know you did the best you could for her and that you aren't letting her down in any way.

Also hug the cat for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

there are some extremely normal and not mad replies to this tweet about FYAD being closed

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1214656711484694529?s=20

even exhentai.TXT cannot let this pass unnoticed

https://twitter.com/sadpandatxt/status/1214675570023436289?s=20