Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I wonder what the common complaints were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wegotthiscovered is a joke.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

dentist toy box posted:

Wegotthiscovered is a joke.

considering that Godzilla vs. Kong is probably the last Western-produced Godzilla movie in our lifetimes, I hope you're right.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Our lifetimes? Nah. Just roll back the clock another 20 years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When’s Toho making another Godzilla run? Final Wars is just over a decade now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They've got a new series in the works, but not much has come out, probably waiting for Legendary to get Kong out.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Our lifetimes? Nah. Just roll back the clock another 20 years.

news about the rising sea levels...

but, in all seriousness, I'm close to 30 now, and if they do a serious Godzilla movie by the time I'm 50, I will be very surprised. Just a feeling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1210821743952027648?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Last February at Wonder Festival in Chiba there was a soft vinyl figure of that chap put out and holy poo poo it sold out instantly.

Of course later that day it was going for $500 on Yahoo Japan auctions (it was an $80 figure)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1211312695053635584

I hear this guy is really neat.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
He is filled with turtle meat.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
He is friend to all children

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Have Mothra and Gamera ever met?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

Have Mothra and Gamera ever met?

Not officially

I think they were in a Simpsons episode together though

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope this kicks off a Legendary GameraVerse

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Legendary Ultraman when?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Legendary Ultraman when?

Shin Ultraman is filming rn i think

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lol 4K masters for some of the godawful later Gamera flicks amuses me, but I’ll buy the set day one for the 90s gameras

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Shin Ultraman is filming rn i think

All the preliminary shooting is done; it's all effects work now.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

For anyone interested, I did a short retrospective on everyone's favourite North Korean kaiju, Pulgasari.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man leaked footage of G vs Kong looking lit as gently caress

https://twitter.com/picopicoshimbun/status/1214137233831153665?s=20

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm going to call my son into the room with the question, "Do you want to see some Kong VS Godzilla footage?" I'll report back if he doesn't murder me.

Edit: I have the greatest son. He kept a straight face and then said, "The CGI looks great." Turned nine in September.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 6, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I'm going to call my son into the room with the question, "Do you want to see some Kong VS Godzilla footage?" I'll report back if he doesn't murder me.

Edit: I have the greatest son. He kept a straight face and then said, "The CGI looks great." Turned nine in September.

:hmmyes:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the gaptoothed octopus

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

https://twitter.com/picopicoshimbun/status/1214137233831153665?s=20

Squid guy in the back just vibing :3:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

These were from a toy expo in Hong Kong.

https://i.imgur.com/B2OxYNC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lbzKTWV.jpg

Also Godzilla has Trendmasters battle armor for some reason

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Absolute madness. :lol:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

These were from a toy expo in Hong Kong.

https://i.imgur.com/B2OxYNC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lbzKTWV.jpg

Also Godzilla has Trendmasters battle armor for some reason

Oh ok, so MechaGodzilla showing up will be how Kong and G reach the inevitable stalemate.

Just have the balls to let Kong win, Legendary :argh:

Violator
May 15, 2003

So the left over head from KOTM will be put in the Mecha Godzilla body? And it will pull a Robocop 2 and go crazy looking for Nuke?

Edit: God dang thats perfect. That was the name of the drug Cain was addicted to in RB2 but this new bot just wants some drat radiation.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

My son will be thrilled but how the gently caress can they do a mecha and have it not be stupid as hell?

Edit: He just peeked at the forum over my shoulder and cracked up at the thread title. I'm such a good dad.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 7, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I mean there's a hollow earth and a giant three-headed dragon from outer space, so it just works

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

My son will be thrilled but how the gently caress can they do a mecha and have it not be stupid as hell?

Edit: He just peeked at the forum over my shoulder and cracked up at the thread title. I'm such a good dad.

Mecha as a concept is stupid as gently caress you just have to roll with it. The two mechagodzilla movies capping off the Showa era franchise are rad as hell once you get over the silliness hump.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It's stupid to us but he'll probably go bananas over it. My first introduction to Mechagodzilla was a robot godzilla built by apes from outer space. You know, high art not at all dumb shlock.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

It's stupid to us but he'll probably go bananas over it. My first introduction to Mechagodzilla was a robot godzilla built by apes from outer space. You know, high art not at all dumb shlock.

I mean it has a criterion release now

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

True, but Armageddon does as well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just

Man, to have a complete Criterion film collection, you now officially must own Godzilla VS Megalon.

That just floors me. What the Hell timeline are we in

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I mean there's a hollow earth and a giant three-headed dragon from outer space, so it just works

I know this iteration of Godzilla isn't supposed to be hard science fiction, but the hollow earth and impossibly huge monsters don't rip my suspension of disbelief to shreds. Edwards did a fairly admirable job of presenting a, "What would it be like if a giant monster really happened," approach. Dipshit stretched as close to the breaking point as possible, but he did somehow manage to do KG and not have it be cheesy.

Mecha[x] is so far beyond anything that makes the slightest sense, I mean, people talk about how Rian Johnson poo poo on J.J. Abrams with The Last Jedi and that Abrams returned the favor with RoS, but in terms of progression from one overall feel to another, the world of 2014 Godzilla to one with Mechagodzilla is far more dramatic.

Jimbot posted:

It's stupid to us but he'll probably go bananas over it.

Oh no doubt about it, he loves it. We've argued about it and I insisted that they wouldn't do it because it's so far from the tone they established. I'm a loving genius.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean it feels like it’ll be hard to really build to in the course of one film, but... this is probably the last of this series so gently caress it let’s go wild, make Final Wars but at ten times the budget.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't like he hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

I don't like he hands.

He's got BIG MEATY CLAWS