Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The last panel is Kung Fu Hustle right? I feel like the alt-text reinforces the visual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Lots of martial arts stuff has a big hand attack

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A giant hand attack is the foundation of Foo Fighting

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
murder the gods and topple their fyads

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Murder The Gods And Ban Their Twitter Accounts

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

to post properly, you must continually self-annihilate when posting

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Reene posted:

to post properly, you must continually self-annihilate when posting
I die a little every time I post.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Phy posted:

A giant hand attack is the foundation of Foo Fighting

what movie is that from?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

what movie is that from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Loving the Patreon preview.

I'm confused as to why WC thinks Allicio is choking the world with ambition. It's been pretty clear the entire time they've know each other that she has almost no ambition other than to free Zaid. She exhausted all her power that she knew of at the time just to make Solomon blink without real thought to how she'd live through it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

OgreNoah posted:

I'm confused as to why WC thinks Allicio is choking the world with ambition. It's been pretty clear the entire time they've know each other that she has almost no ambition other than to free Zaid. She exhausted all her power that she knew of at the time just to make Solomon blink without real thought to how she'd live through it.

she's desperately trying to rationalize betraying her convictions

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
im permabanned angel 82 White Chain. i first started following Micheal when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “Law” and tried to channel it constantly...

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
My thought process got really bizarre and I would repeat things like "This is known to me" and "Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness." for hours.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
open palm slam

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

True Royalty is shitposting with reality itself.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

OgreNoah posted:

Alison is dumb as hell, self-obsessed, and above all, impatient. But she is honest. However, White Chain can't see past the impatience.

In White Chain's mind, regardless of your intentions or the results, if you do something in a way she doesn't agree with, you're going down the path to ruin. Alison is learning martial arts, at a VERY fast rate for someone who's never done it before, but she's eschewing "wisdom, restraint and emptiness" because she's impatient. That impatience is what White Chain fears and interprets as corruption, despite Alison's stated or real intentions, and her struggles with her own identity have caused her to double down on her convictions to the concordance, even though that's the main source of her issues.

She's wrong, of course. Know who DID exercise wisdom, restraint, and emptiness? loving Solomon. Until the moment he punched his master's torso off and took over a seventh of the universe.

Now, all that said, White Chain kind of DOES have a point when you consider Alison has also been training with Incubus, and that's a can Alison is kicking down the road for sure (see previous: Alison is dumb). But (from what I remember) there's been no indication that White Chain knows about this other than a suspicion.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 7, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
White Chain is also acting under the impression that there's a very strict deadline quick approaching, based upon her conversation with Juggs just before the tournament started.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

White Chain is also acting under the impression that there's a very strict deadline quick approaching, based upon her conversation with Juggs just before the tournament started.

And yet White Chain's decision is to quit and go home, not go along with Alison's plan (which appears to be working!) - if the intention of Alison's plan is to rescue Zaid to give him the key, that's what Michael and the Thorn Knights want.

Remember White Chain is pulled between THREE groups, not two - 2 Michael/Thorns, Alison, and the Concordance Knights (and their policy of hunker down and do nothing). Those knights may technically may be under the leadership of 2 Michael, but they certainly wouldn't agree with the Thorns' actions. White Chain seems ready to defy her master to honor THOSE convictions. She's giving Alison, 2 Michael, and the Thorns the finger here.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
I'm surprised people are so on Alison's side here? She got a massive power up and the first thing she did was bounce around annihilating people she could probably have non-lethaly taken out pretty easily, unconcerned with the clouds of shrapnel she's blasting into the crowds of innocent onlookers. I mean looks like Sol Dave's protecting them with a force field or something, but she definitely isn't paying attention to that. Would you be reading this differently if those jagged blocks of masonry had smashed some heads?

This is the second time she's got powered up and immediately gone on a murderous / psychotically negligent rampage? I mean White Chain has issues but it doesn't seem that unreasonable to just decide that this person's a fruitcake who really doesn't need to have cosmic power in her head

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Magnus Manfist posted:

I'm surprised people are so on Alison's side here? She got a massive power up and the first thing she did was bounce around annihilating people she could probably have non-lethaly taken out pretty easily, unconcerned with the clouds of shrapnel she's blasting into the crowds of innocent onlookers. I mean looks like Sol Dave's protecting them with a force field or something, but she definitely isn't paying attention to that. Would you be reading this differently if those jagged blocks of masonry had smashed some heads?

This is the second time she's got powered up and immediately gone on a murderous / psychotically negligent rampage? I mean White Chain has issues but it doesn't seem that unreasonable to just decide that this person's a fruitcake who really doesn't need to have cosmic power in her head

it's an anime fight tournament dude -- jumping around wrecking everything isn't a psychotic serial killer rampage

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Allison has been taking people out non-lethally. She's beating the crap out of them, but this is the ring of power. A win here is drawing blood from a god.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Allison has been taking people out non-lethally. She's beating the crap out of them, but this is the ring of power. A win here is drawing blood from a god.

We even had that shot of everyone knocked down/fell during this last leg of the tournament just chilling around the arena

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Allicio could have torn pretty much all of these enemies in half, and she's just breaking the platforms they're standing on so they get disqualified.

She's in it to win it but acting like she's on a bloodthirsty rampage rather than just high on having super-jumps is, well, giving White Chain way too much credit.

Also, White Chain isn't actually going all in for the Concordance Knights here - they're going all in for the Thorn/2 Michael position that humans shouldn't have power except maybe the heir because of prophecy, and Allison is a disposable problem and a wannabe demiurge who should not have the key. The Concordance position would be that White Chain should surrender here and leave the tournament, and also 'glorify the works of god' which presumably means helping fix the world rather than just letting it decay further.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Magnus Manfist posted:

If we were meant to read the rampage poorly, there wouldn't have been a forcefield. And instead of seeing a bunch of dead bodies on the ground, we saw a bunch of fighters hanging out on the ground watching the finale. We are seeing her being rash, impulsive, and emotional, but the imagery is not showing her being a bad person, despite what White Chain is saying.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If we were meant to read the rampage poorly, there wouldn't have been a forcefield. And instead of seeing a bunch of dead bodies on the ground, we saw a bunch of fighters hanging out on the ground watching the finale. We are seeing her being rash, impulsive, and emotional, but the imagery is not showing her being a bad person, despite what White Chain is saying.

That's a weird reading of it to me? She recklessly blasts shrapnel into an innocent crowd which is LUCKILY blocked by a forcefield she doesn't know or care is there. White Chain looks at that and goes "yep she really just doesn't give a poo poo about consequences"

Edit: If we weren't meant to read the rampage poorly that scene wouldn't be there at all? He specifically drew a panel of people cowering in fear but protected by a barrier someone else put there - i.e. Alison once again acts without thought of consequence or how many people she's gonna get hurt, and other people are left picking up the slack. In this case it's fuckin Sol Dave being less psycho than her lol

Magnus Manfist fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 7, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This is a generational death match. According to the lore the whole arena generally gets destroyed every year and you pretty much have to forfeit your life insurance to even get a ticket to watch.

Not going ham after you were told you have 10 minutes to get dead or disqualified would be a stupid decision.

Maybe if Alicio did all this with a frown and less energy both white chain and the meta audience wouldn’t misinterpret her. Wisdom, restraint, emptiness, boredom

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Why would the forcefield be a surprise to anyone? Seems to make sense in a tournament like this for the protection of the audience, and something that would have been covered by the instructions to the fighters, e.g. "don't try to yeet anyone into the stands, it'll just hit the force field protecting the audience."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Well, you still should yeet people into the stands, because you can win by rjngout :V

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
There's no way Allison has been participating in the tournament for that long without noticing the forcefield. The fusion she did with Cio is itself a bigger sign of recklessness than their "rampage".

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't think the art showing the debris is really supposed to convince us Alison (or Alicio) is being a particularly horrible person at this very moment, just more being a visual metaphor for the overall rashness and potential for destruction White Chain observes in her, which leads to the decision.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Also, White Chain isn't actually going all in for the Concordance Knights here - they're going all in for the Thorn/2 Michael position that humans shouldn't have power except maybe the heir because of prophecy, and Allison is a disposable problem and a wannabe demiurge who should not have the key. The Concordance position would be that White Chain should surrender here and leave the tournament, and also 'glorify the works of god' which presumably means helping fix the world rather than just letting it decay further.

But what the Thorns and 2 Michael want is the key returned to "the true heir" before they can return that power to Metratron and resurrect god. There's something - or they believe there's something, anyway - special about Zaid having the key that will let them do that that they can't do with Alison, and Zaid being captured by the Demiurges complicates that.

So by abandoning the plan to rescue Zaid, White Chain DOES seem to be going all in for the Concordance in defiance of 2 Michael. That's my read, anyway.

Side question - should I refer to White Chain as They or She? I notice some people using They and I'm wondering what the consensus is, or if Tom has weighed in on that.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 8, 2020

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

habeasdorkus posted:

Why would the forcefield be a surprise to anyone? Seems to make sense in a tournament like this for the protection of the audience, and something that would have been covered by the instructions to the fighters, e.g. "don't try to yeet anyone into the stands, it'll just hit the force field protecting the audience."

hahaha that was a force field? I read that panel as Allicio expertly *missing* everyone with the shrapnel.:facepalm:

Purple of course would be good tyrant SD looking out after everone

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1214701141084250113

hell yeah

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Holy poo poo Allison is strong.

e: Also, this answers a question about the Devilskin merge, both Al and Cio are inside there as separate entities working in concert.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 8, 2020

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
So they still speak independently?

Also: :angel::hellyeah:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hahaha Alison & Cio both lecturing white chain is everything I ever could have hoped for.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It's very possible for both Allison and White Chain to be right here and maybe they might work out their problems and learn something about themselves and each other through combat but I dunno that sounds silly in a comic like this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Magnus Manfist posted:

In this case it's fuckin Sol Dave being less psycho than her lol

Sol Dave is not psycho. Remaining calm and in control is entirely his thing, even when he was just a man without any sort of super power and his world was crumbling all around him. Quite literally, what with his family being murdered by an extradimensional army that plundered even the sun. He kept his head down, studied martial art bullshit for decades, and planned a revenge he enacted long after his world's conqueror had forgotten about Rayuba. ("For me, it was Tuesday. Or was it Thursday? No wait, that was Bayura, I always got them confused.")

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I know I'm late with this but we've seen Allison drunk on power and slaughtering the masses and it was in the vault infiltration. I don't think we're supposed to interpret her fusion dance with Cio as anything like the same level of arrogance and ruthlessness, she's boosted her power but she's actually showing a lot of restraint.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
In the preview I thought they were both giving her the side eye. Even though I liked that, I like this more. One train of thought expressed in two distinct voices is neat. I hope the whole fight is a conversation, too.

Also holy poo poo White Chain can't take too many more hits like that. She's going to have to finesse the gently caress out of this fight starting now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I love this comic so much.