Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Anyone else excited for more warcrimes???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Women are too emotional to be in positions of political power.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1214699236790611970

To be fair this is a pretty good troll of the idiot orange fecal smear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Apparently a second wave of missiles have been launched. US fighters have launched from UAE. Iran has said any country that allows the USA to strike them becomes a target themselves.

Looks like war were declared. :smith:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fuuuuuuuuck. Stay safe if you can, anyone still in

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

Apparently a second wave of missiles have been launched. US fighters have launched from UAE. Iran has said any country that allows the USA to strike them becomes a target themselves.

To be fair to them, what we did was pretty much a declaration of war on its own. Stay safe goon troops.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Immanentized posted:

Oh gently caress, we're all gonna die of sheer pettiness. Has anyone activated the strategic memer brigades?

Conscript the FYADers and teach them Farsi. It's only a war crime if we lose.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
That earthquake in PR also collapsed Punta Ventana.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fknlo posted:

To be fair to them, what we did was pretty much a declaration of war on its own. Stay safe goon troops.

I agree entirely. It's loving tragic and is going to result in so many people dead. I hope our president doesn't do something stupid like loving nuke them or something. At this point I don't even know.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1214699991865933825

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/vermontgmg/status/1214702040817061888

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A bunch of friends come to me at times like this to get my input. I got nothing.

"Do you think this means real war with Iran?"
"I haven't a clue. There are no adults left in the room, Chicka."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

That earthquake in PR also collapsed Punta Ventana.

This is unfortunate, but it's just the way of nature. Wasn't going to last forever, but it's still a shame it collapsed. They have bigger problems right now than a natural arch collapse though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

I agree entirely. It's loving tragic and is going to result in so many people dead. I hope our president doesn't do something stupid like loving nuke them or something. At this point I don't even know.

I have in my head the use of nukes as a personal red line. If this orange skinnned narcissistic mother fucker uses nukes I will head down to Washington and set up loving shop at protests. I can find another job eventually, nukes are a god drat bridge too far.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I hope it doesn't come to that and we can somehow put the brakes on everything and just stop, but I don't know if there are enough adults left that this is a possibility. I seriously fear, as I've rambled on about tonight, about nukes being used. Not in the joking hail ss18 satan sense, but actual concern that might not let me sleep.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
loving stupid motherfuckers

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

A bunch of friends come to me at times like this to get my input. I got nothing.

"Do you think this means real war with Iran?"
"I haven't a clue. There are no adults left in the room, Chicka."

They crossed a specific line that Trump put down. He's going to take it as a personal insult and go from there. We're at war, hopefully we aren't stupid enough to try and put actual boots on the ground or anything like that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

loving stupid motherfuckers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Trump's popularity will go to atleast 60% if he uses nukes. We've spent nearly 20 years glorifying any and all military action because We're The Good Guys and you're kidding yourself if it won't be cheered on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jesus Christ. What a fundamentally disappointing series of circumstances.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Trump has crossed every red line of civic standards 'traditional americans' have held and we've found each one as thin and insubstantial as tissue.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goddamnit.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Source?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Made a lovely dinner for my wife and checked my phone absentmindedly, saw 60 new posts in the CE thread and expected an :acab: or gunchat derail; instead, we’re at the precipice of war in the Middle East yet a loving gain.

Stay safe if you’re still in; hoping for peace regardless.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I plan on shutting down anyone who wants to tell me this will be good or easy with "I've heard this one before dumbass, it doesn't end well"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I remember watching a war starting in real time on CNN was surreal but twitter has taken it to a whole new level

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

This was posted in the Discord last week and seems appropriate for my current mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVekJTmtwqM

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Point them to their nearest recruiting office if you get chuds wanting to talk it up.

My dumb rear end fell for Iraq 2: Baghdad Boogaloo™, send the chuds to Iran. And the boomers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tweets in the tff chat thread. Pretty sure someone posted the tweet from Iranian officials saying any country supporting will be a valid target as well.

War were declared was just a futurama joke.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

This has been stuck in my mind the last few days.

https://youtu.be/Tj9M34DzAKo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://twitter.com/iihtishamm/status/1214708088902737920?s=19

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I remember watching a war starting in real time on CNN was surreal but twitter has taken it to a whole new level

This.
I remember being glued to CNN in elementary school watching Desert Nam 1:First Blood live.
Now I can watch it basically live on Twitter. Within seconds, as opposed to hours or minutes.

I'm so god damned bummed. Stupid motherfuckers. God drat Bastards.
Let's get more poor kids killed by men who would never strap on a loving ruck.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NegarMortazavi/status/1214705584337031168?s=20

Thankfully we have a sane and competent government that's not run by a brain worm infested reality TV star.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tweets in the tff chat thread. Pretty sure someone posted the tweet from Iranian officials saying any country supporting will be a valid target as well.

War were declared was just a futurama joke.

I was specifically referring to the "more missiles" and the "us fighters from the uae" parts.

I got the Futurama reference

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Max_Fisher/status/1214700017774202881?s=20

Look at these fools living in the past where this might have been a thing.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Civilian here who also started reading GIP by accident. Wanted to say thanks for this particular window into current events, it’s really meaningful to me.

I am pacing in my kitchen trying to decide how to explain this to my kids. Trying to help them with homework but mostly just hugging tighter than usual.

I have to explain it, somehow, tonight, or they hear who knows what tomorrow first.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

fknlo posted:

Thankfully we have a sane and competent government that's not run by a brain worm infested reality TV star.

Launching ballistic missiles is definitely behavior I associate with a reticence for war

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

fknlo posted:

Yeah, they directly attacked US (controlled) bases with ballistic missiles. There's no way this administration lets this go.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I imagine John Bolton is incredibly torn right now. His hard-on must be the largest it's been in decades.

Not that he can do anything with his blue balls.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I don't know what they're saying, but I'm assuming it's variations on 'HOLY gently caress!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ded posted:

The first of two earthquake in PR also collapsed Punta Ventana.

Emphasis on mine