Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GD_American posted:

Wife got me Sturgill Simpson tickets in May (after graduation). In Louisville. With a printout of her leave request for a week. And the printed out map of the Louisville Bourbon Trail tour.

And a retro Dale Jr. Bud jacket. speaking of on topic

That jacket rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats a sick jacket 10/10

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

Wife got me Sturgill Simpson tickets in May (after graduation). In Louisville. With a printout of her leave request for a week. And the printed out map of the Louisville Bourbon Trail tour.

And a retro Dale Jr. Bud jacket. speaking of on topic

does it smell like pall malls

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wanna get a dick trickle jacket

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

come on over and I’ll give you one

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

beanieson posted:

come on over and I’ll give you one

be right there drilling a hole in my helmet so i can smoke during the race

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

does it smell like pall malls

Jr wasn't a smoker.

But my jackets smell like pall malls.

E: holy poo poo, I was wrong. Never seen him with a cigarette before though.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Jr wasn't a smoker.

But my jackets smell like pall malls.

E: holy poo poo, I was wrong. Never seen him with a cigarette before though.

Oh he smoked. The reason NASCAR didn't drug test until after Aaron Fike admitted to doing truck races on heroin was because they knew Junior would burn a hole through the side of the bottle.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NASCAR-JUNIE-DONLEAVY-HEILIG-MEYERS-TEAM-JACKET-/293083783933

Impossible to find a good Heilig-Meyers one with his name on it though. I hold out hope for a nice one from one of his Busch teams, but prob not happening

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

honestly after watching top gear send hammond out to look at nascar ive been curious to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oaSNuTAV8

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

honestly after watching top gear send hammond out to look at nascar ive been curious to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oaSNuTAV8

If you're gonna watch stock cars, do it on a 30 year tape delay or go down to the local short track on a saturday and watch your neighbors because the big series track action has been unbearably boring for over a decade

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i live super close to a naskart and a track tbh

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

speaking of 30 year tape delay the SAS nascar thread is doing a simulcast-with-chat-room of an old race tonight, give it a go.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Reminder that we're doing a goon watch of the 3-hour Figure 8 Enduro race from Indianapolis, plus NASCAR related insanity, tonight beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern in Winter Heat.

The video for the main event is 4 hours 15 minutes long, so I can't really start it much layer than where I am.

edit- I feel like hell today and didn't include a link before: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

my mom came crying into the basement when earnheart died and i was like...who? the circle driver guy? ok

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

drop the beat jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djIdZC6Fitk

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

It’s me, the steroid baby

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

i'm the sleeveless santa suit

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That was different.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tonight I determined through science that all enlisted ranks above E6 don’t need to exist in the army.

I can only speak on the army but I imagine the other branches are broadly similar.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

colachute posted:

Tonight I determined through science that all enlisted ranks above E6 don’t need to exist in the army.

I can only speak on the army but I imagine the other branches are broadly similar.

Served in 2 branches, this statement is truth. I did receive solid coffee and beer tips from E6 plusses though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
War kicks off; the entire armed forces is injured, pregnant, or at a dental appointment so nobody deploys.
:bisonyes:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Had the last 9 days off, went in today, got my PE in the mail tonight, gotta go into work for one more day and then another 5 day weekend as a cherry on top. :feelsgood:

e: Half-day. 2020 rolling in strong.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 31, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Posting this in what I think is the most appropriate thread.

First, loving :lol: that PCOS_Bill was Aran and at least one mod knew. If you don't know, Aran was one of the first ever permas and is the founder of Something Sensitive.

If you're not up on the forums drama, last night former and now permabanned d&d mod party planes jones was found to have been a very active participant on a bunch of nazi and alt-right discords. Koalas March and Jeffrey of YOSPOS both responded that they knew and PPJ was running deep cover to keep an eye on extreme groups. He then self-permabanned.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

January 7 2020: the day poo poo got too real

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
it just reminds me that forums are administered by people of the same median skillset of people administering this whole country

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
sound on

https://i.imgur.com/8kOBLXD.mp4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Makes it even funnier to me that Ralp thought I was leaking the mod board when in 2019 they actively have this poo poo going on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

loving :lol: at that "oh noooo"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

First, loving :lol: that PCOS_Bill was Aran and at least one mod knew. If you don't know, Aran was one of the first ever permas and is the founder of Something Sensitive.

If you're not up on the forums drama, last night former and now permabanned d&d mod party planes jones was found to have been a very active participant on a bunch of nazi and alt-right discords. Koalas March and Jeffrey of YOSPOS both responded that they knew and PPJ was running deep cover to keep an eye on extreme groups. He then self-permabanned.

What in the gently caress

Can we just permaban the lot of those loving weirdos?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Where’s the roll-up thread containing that discovery

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fallom posted:

Seems to be https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909812

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fallom posted:

If you really want to read poo poo, here's PPJ's thread trying to explain himself - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802

he self permaed not long after posting that. the pcos_bill stuff is the part that has me really headscratching more than anything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

like why would sa be running "deep cover" any where lol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Where has all of this poo poo been breaking open? I’ve been having a hard time keeping track of what’s been going on but I get the feeling there’s more Nazi trash here than there should be.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
CSPAM has been kinda the defacto QCS since that subforum closed from fyad drama, and people were building a case against Jones the last few days/weeks cause of all the kiwi farm doxxing and poo poo going on

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Where has all of this poo poo been breaking open? I’ve been having a hard time keeping track of what’s been going on but I get the feeling there’s more Nazi trash here than there should be.

cspam, and it's not really very easy to follow because half the people are just yelling into the void. this started lastnight when recently permabanned and long time generally crazy poster spammed a few boards with threads about how PPJ was hanging out in a bunch of nazi discords and posted chat logs of some egregious examples. permabanned poster gets banned, bunch of people continue yelling about the original permaban. KoalasMarch comes out and says that he's doing it for the good of the board and had actually helped keep her from getting doxxed. Lots more of PPJ's posting comes out, he tries to delete logs on discord, posts some long winded explanation (linked above), has both KM and Jeffrey come out and say he was doing it for us. Then even the nazis make accounts to post logs saying that he was one of their most active chatters and was trying to bury his tracks. PPJ then self permabans.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

CSPAM has been kinda the defacto QCS since that subforum closed from fyad drama, and people were building a case against Jones the last few days/weeks cause of all the kiwi farm doxxing and poo poo going on

CSPAM is horrible. Like I appreciate that their is organizing going on and people use it for a lot of different reasons, but all the loving posts of LMAO or emptyquote are poo poo. Is there a browser add-on that makes it more intelligible or something?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fallom posted:

What in the gently caress

Can we just permaban the lot of those loving weirdos?

No they're the mods and admins that's why C-SPAM has been in open revolution for the last month

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

shame on an IGA posted:

No they're the mods and admins that's why C-SPAM has been in open revolution for the last month

News at 11: C-SPAM is revolting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

this tweet, but about the forums.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218