Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

oh yeah and brown moses promoted that isis recruiter lmao

That was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

quote:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the gently caress was brown moses before he became a loving "expert"? a computer janitor?

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/18/eliot-higgins-syria_n_4269417.html?ri18n=true

quote:

After a temporary job reviewing orders at a ladies' lingerie maker came to an end in February, he dispensed with looking for another so that he could devote himself to blogging full-time. His wife admits she does not read his blog and yearns for a time that he will return to "a real job." But as Higgins sees it, he is consumed with the realest job of all, sifting through a digital goldmine disdained by those who lack the patience for the work.

quote:

Born in 1979 to a Royal Air Force engineer and a caterer, Higgins describes himself as an avid gardener and budding cook, but his core passions have always centered on a fascination with screens: During his schooling years, he engaged in marathon sessions playing video games and argued ceaselessly on Internet forums. These two pursuits trumped his attention to schoolwork, filling his report cards with Cs.

Throughout his life, Higgins has taken hobbies to illogical extremes. After his brother introduced him to the iconoclastic rockstar Frank Zappa, Higgins rushed out to buy all of his four-dozen albums. As a video gamer, Higgins pressed well past casual bouts of "World of Warcraft," staying up late to lead teams of 40 players in complex online raids. Even now, he feels compelled to systematically beat each new video game before he can start another, in this fashion gradually making his way through strategy and role-playing games like "Fallout," "Baldur's Gate," "Total War: Rome II" and "Command and Conquer." Before getting married, he was known to game for 36 hours at a stretch.

quote:

After dropping out of university midway through a media studies degree, Higgins moved through a series of jobs with no relation to munitions, Syria or blogging. He worked as a data entry clerk at Barclays bank and then managed invoices for a process management firm. When that task was outsourced overseas, he helped asylum seekers find housing. His next, and most recent, job was working on women's undergarments.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

brown moses is an imperialist and also creepily exploited a little syrian girl to carry water for syrian intervention. he sucks rear end

also we now know thanks to leaks helped falsify evidence about WMDs to get the US into syria

even colin powell's job has been subsumed into the gig economy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

After a temporary job reviewing orders at a ladies' lingerie maker

hello yes how do i get this job

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I meant to say jealousy. Jealousy is why we hate him

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The Little Death posted:

I meant to say jealousy. Jealousy is why we hate him

yeah i badly wish my income came from the US state department, saudi arabia, and the UAE

THS
Sep 15, 2017

regardless, hi Brown Moses, i know you obsessively name search here even when you are on Posting Leave, because you are a thin skinned psycho. hope the money is good you imperialist dork

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

THS posted:

yeah i badly wish my income came from the US state department, saudi arabia, and the UAE

well whenever that happens you're no more than 3 or so well places steppes from being invited to the new Little Saint James so why wouldnt you want that

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So what happened to "Iranian F-14s" in Iraqi airspace and F-35 scrambled? All bullshit?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’d take UAE money to post dumb things on the internet.

currently I do it for free

THS
Sep 15, 2017

genericnick posted:

So what happened to "Iranian F-14s" in Iraqi airspace and F-35 scrambled? All bullshit?

apparently the f-35s scrambled just so they were in the air incase the iranians hit their airfields

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I remember when he reported on the TOE and OOB of the Syrian Arab Army by using the Wikipedia page “Equipment of the Syrian Army”.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

genericnick posted:

The F-14s were not there and it was almost certainly Iranian infowar to briefly make US commanders on the ground poo poo their pants about possible airstrikes on the airfields the missiles had just rendered inoperable

The message being 'if this were real you'd be hosed right now lol'

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And we all played our part commendably

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Mister Bates posted:

The F-14s were not there and it was almost certainly Iranian infowar to briefly make US commanders on the ground poo poo their pants about possible airstrikes on the airfields the missiles had just rendered inoperable

The message being 'if this were real you'd be hosed right now lol'

the iranians have been attempting to hammer in this message for like a *year* and while the public is starting to notice idk if the brass are capable of hearing it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

RajCooper posted:

perma brown moses, free dickeye

animist
Aug 28, 2018
random question, how much did those missiles cost anyway

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

animist posted:

Less than their targets which is just not how things are supposed to be done!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yeah the NATO and CIA funding is iffy, and being involved in promoting the bana alabed thing alone makes you a child abuser, but add in *colluding with the opcw to falsify evidence and escalate a war* and we have an extremely dangerous individual.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
A lot but Iran is basically the world leader in missiles. They’re in no danger of running out.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how his explanation for that was "It was a minor mistake, NBD. Plus the haters are stalking me by pointing it out."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

animist posted:

couple hundred thousand to a couple million depending on if it was SRBM or cruise missiles

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

couple hundred thousand to a couple million depending on if it was SRBM or cruise missiles

They build their own missiles and don't have a military sector run entirely on funnelling profits to lockmart or whoever so probably a bit lower

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Iran’s military is probably much stronger then everyone thinks simply because it is designed to actually be a capable fighting force, and not just as a means of funneling money to defense industry shareholders

anyway, I popped into the D&D Middle East thread and BM and a group of his sycophants are all very seriously analyzing pictures of debris from the Iranian plane crash lol

nigel thornberry has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Jan 8, 2020

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

I know this isn't over, but it seems impossible that this was the way things were intended to play out.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The Little Death posted:

I know this isn't over, but it seems impossible that this was the way things were intended to play out.

Intended by who? The US, Iran, Israel, Russia or Donald Trump?

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

The Little Death posted:

Why?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

other than killing 200 civilians accidentally, the missile strike worked out nearly as planned for the iranians

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

AnEdgelord posted:

Intended by who? The US, Iran, Israel, Russia or Donald Trump?

By the US. It just seems ridiculous to escalate like they did, obviously seeking to provoke a response, and then respond with this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

easiest explanation is it was a grudge hit by a bunch of psychos that dont respect iraqi territory

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

the boston bomber posted:

Iran’s military is probably much stronger then everyone thinks simply because it is designed to actually be a capable fighting force, and not just as a means of funneling money to defense industry shareholders

anyway, I popped into the D&D Middle East thread and BM and a group of his sycophants are all very seriously analyzing pictures of debris from the Iranian plane crash lol

i can't believe he's still loving posting

he really is just a lamer modern version of the usual suspects from iraq

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

atelier morgan posted:

i can't believe he's still loving posting

he really is just a lamer modern version of the usual suspects from iraq

Not going to quote it cause of mods but goddamn that response was hilarious

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hello yes how do i get this job

Lmao he's Roderick Spode

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So we're now just waiting to see if Iraq continues to push for US forces to leave now right?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

RajCooper posted:

Not going to quote it cause of mods but goddamn that response was hilarious

i mean the worst nazi mod self banned but if i get smacked it was worth it

not common for people personally responsible for escalating us military interventions to even exist somewhere people can mock them to their face

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

OhFunny posted:

So we're now just waiting to see if Iraq continues to push for US forces to leave now right?

We tricked their PM into inviting a foreign official over so we could assassinate them, that part's not going away.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
did the iranians kill anybody?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Mods and admins need to perma bm and recommend that SA extradite him to be tried in the hague for his part in fomenting terror in syria.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Over Easy posted:

Mods and admins need to perma bm and recommend that SA extradite him to be tried in the hague for his part in fomenting terror in syria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

guys the US can't leave the Mideast because it would be narcissistic, racist, and only hurt the people who live there

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1214748892060880898
https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1214759491264225281