Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Jeopardy won the night across all demographics including beating NCIS head to head.:toot:

Please ABC remember the lessons from Millionaire.

James, Ken and Brad become full-time Jeopardy personalities just facing each other weekly until Americans get sick of feeling stupidly inferior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm glad they are doing video packages for the first three days, with each day being a different contestant, Ken's was great, almost like a morale booster and I wonder if it will hold true for Brad and James.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I like that it's 3 people who know, respect, and like each other. It's fun to see friends having fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I like that it's 3 people who know, respect, and like each other. It's fun to see friends having fun.

It’s such a weird dynamic, they’re all very friendly but there’s a tension because of how competitive the event naturally is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oh my God. Shaun on today's episode is the most insufferable loving douchebag.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Spokes posted:

gleefully rubbing my hands together waiting for the inevitable losers-only tournament in this alternate universe

Wolf Blitzer is an obvious choice, but will they get Mr. Wonderful before he goes to jail?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Anybody else's regular syndicated broadcasts chock full of Bloomberg ads? Noticed one on the GOAT last night too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

shaun with possibly the most annoying intro ever

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

abelwingnut posted:

shaun with possibly the most annoying intro ever

He gets worse.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Anybody else's regular syndicated broadcasts chock full of Bloomberg ads? Noticed one on the GOAT last night too.

He's continuing to spend a metric gently caress-ton of money, especially in perceived purple states like Wisconsin (where I am) and Iowa. He's angling for a contested convention when the DNC happens this summer.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
UP TAWWWWWP BRO YEAH

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

These three fellas are quite congenial with each other.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Leibniz and this FJ seem way easier than the bar set yesterday.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:ussr:

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

3 for 3 on FJs - they've seemed weirdly easy

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Hell yeah, Comrade Ken.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yeah, FJ was really easy for this type of event. It had the word "spectre" in it. If the clue had been, "This influential piece of writing included the word 'spectre' in it," all three of them would have known it instantly.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe Brad Rutter is loving dead.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Brad Rutter's weight loss may have gone too far.

This seems like James' game to lose.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so they let brad do final jeopardy anyway

e: or not

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 9, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

iamsosmrt posted:

Brad Rutter's weight loss may have gone too far.

This seems like James' game to lose.

Poor Brad.

But Ken is keeping up with James fairly well.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't believe Brad Rutter is loving dead.

:negative:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm rooting for Brad now for tomorrow's show.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh god ken nooooo

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
RIP in peace to Brad

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Quite a contest between Prince James and Lord Kenneth, as they are attended by their gaunt court jester, ol' Rutt-Rutt.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yoshi Wins posted:

Quite a contest between Prince James and Lord Kenneth, as they are attended by their gaunt court jester, ol' Rutt-Rutt.

lol

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I mean if Ken wins this, it's going to be at least partially due to Brad acting as a spoiler for Double Jeopardies. So it's a team effort.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean if Ken wins this, it's going to be at least partially due to Brad acting as a spoiler for Double Jeopardies. So it's a team effort.

james de facto GOAT as it takes 2 of the best teaming up

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Yoshi Wins posted:

I like this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ken got more answers right but James came through on the DDs he needed in a big way. This is a really evenly matched competition.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I need Brad to win shortly because I absolutely loving need seven episodes of this, anything less will be terrible.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Watch Brad come back tomorrow and beat the poo poo out of both of them. I can't see this ending without everybody winning at least once.

Also not emptyquoting

Yoshi Wins posted:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cockblocktopus posted:

Watch Brad come back tomorrow and beat the poo poo out of both of them. I can't see this ending without everybody winning at least once.

Also not emptyquoting

:same: It's like he needs two tournament episodes against lesser competition to warm up.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i imagine they taped both yesterday's match and today's match in one day, so maybe brad was just a touch off the entire taping day. he could easily come in tomorrow and steamroll, especially if he finally has luck with a daily double.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Butt Rrader

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Team Ken here, he has the best podcast.

Also I knew this was gonna be hard but ho-lee-gently caress, that triple rhyme category was murderous.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Jeopardy won the night across all demographics including beating NCIS head to head.:toot:

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1214966575125557248

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I loved how James looked like he had constipation for both DJ questions. But then pooped out the answer.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I loved how James looked like he had constipation for both DJ questions. But then pooped out the answer.

Things like this are why I'm rooting against him. Like he's probably the best player of the 3, but I find him so annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

Seiyal posted:

While there's nothing that can replace the theme song/FJ theme, I have grown to like the version they're using for the ads for this.

Someone extracted the new FJ theme. I like having it for some reason.

https://twitter.com/buzzerblog/status/1214909548848386049