Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

On a side note the new "pinks and greens" make the Army look like the Marines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Nobel Prizewinner Accepts Call From Microsoft Desktop Support Offering To "Clean Up His Desktop From Junk"

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

SimonCat posted:

dont worry, the next SMA will fix that

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

And the one after that will fix the fix. Working as intended :downs:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SimonCat posted:

Marines should go back to the WW2 uniform too.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1215021266400362496?s=21 :laugh:

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That or the Total Perspective Vortex from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Ummm, did you forget why Zaphod Beeblebrox survived it? Trump would get out the exact same way.

E:fb

Eulogistics fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 8, 2020

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Then do something about it Jesus gently caress.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Thwomp posted:

Then do something about it Jesus gently caress.

It's worse than he makes it sound.

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1215025107313274882?s=19

The most Lee/Paul are going to do is vote for Kaine's War-prevention proposal that isn't going to pass anyways. Even Lee said he was "agnostic" about the strike, they're just pissed off when administration officials can't even *temporarily* hide how much they want to be representing a dictator rather than a president.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

The Marines pretty much are wearing a WWII uniform, aren't they?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Apparently you had to link your sa username to access the discord or something. I dunno. I dont use discord because I'm an old.

Some of the goon discords use a authentication bot to keep non-goons out or to keep banned users from rejoining (eg a game one I'm on started using it after a goon was kicked for being a transphobe and then started spamming the server), from what I've been told the nazis had apparently compromised the bot and were/are using it to spy on the servers because the bot can see everything including private mod/whatever channels.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

Service Alphas have barely changed since WWII. Outside of anodizing most stuff instead of having to polish all the metal bits they are almost the same.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Dear gently caress the whole speech was like this, wasn't it?

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1214949816347906048?s=19

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1214955938119127040?s=09

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrsSmith_IA/status/1214970974388527104

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Human Filet-O-Fish Struggles To Breathe While Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Watches [ASMR]

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Detailed PPJ/FYAD/CSPAM saga stolen from another poster in CSPAM:

exact sequence of events for sa historians trying to figure out how we got here

1 i make a bad thread questioning a ban for a guy who turns out to be an unrepentant transphobe and not just an idiot who draws pretty pictures like i was assuming

2 someone points out that fyad is horrifically transphobic to a degree even worse than this one guys bad posts

3 mods spend an inordinate amount of time trying to fix fyad before lowtax finally goes gently caress it and destroys it forever

4 while this is all going on cspam gets aggressive on qcs because all this action suggests that maybe the mods will respond to complaints about cspam modding

4.1 ppj & logik gas the succ zone thread, one of the most popular threads on the forums for "forums raiding" in d&d
4.2 cspammers get angry in qcs because they do not believe this "forums raiding" justification
4.3 ppj 30 day probes benghazi 2 over getting sassed b/c he wants to give the benefit of the doubt to the op-ed of a kaiser permanante vp at pete's buttigieg's winecave fundraiser
4.4 a d&d thread full of d&ders complain about the probe and it gets rescinded

5 excessively long probations for complaining

6 cspammers forget about this for just long enough that the mods invent a stupid non solution that just makes people madder provoking angry posts yet again

7 permabans for complaining

7.1 one of the permabans is on benghazi 2, who just had that massive d&d thread that got her 30 day probe rescinded and looks suspiciously like ppj mod retribution and targeting with a bullshit leper's colony justification and proxy moderation. the permabanned post is about ppj chuckling it up in an offsite discord abusing his mod powers on benghazi 2. the permaban coincides with an unpopular mod announcement that says not to make threads about the mod announcement until qcs opens "soon"

8 cspammers forget about this for just long enough that the mods invent a stupid non solution that just makes people madder provoking angry posts yet again

9 mods inform us to be nice to party plane jones because he was hanging out in nazi discords this whole time just investigating them which proves hes our friend

10 party plan jones is permabanned

the end?

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDVVIO5OH0

Can't wait for more stuff about this briefing to come out.

Effective-Disorder fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 8, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Crakkerjakk posted:

4.3 ppj 30 day probes benghazi 2 over getting sassed b/c he wants to give the benefit of the doubt to the op-ed of a kaiser permanante vp at pete's buttigieg's winecave fundraiser

Point of order, pretty sure it was (now former) TG mod Beer4theBeerGod who was getting sassed, which then lead to people digging into his post history, finding out he had a defense-related job, and then posting it (and his name) repeatedly which lead to multiple permas for doxxing.

Honestly you could write a whole book about the last two months on SA. Given the state of the country (and the world) everyone feels on-edge and distrustful of each other, and a lot of issues have been boiling over at a time when both Lowtax and the mod/admin staff have been unable or unwilling to adequately respond. And I don't think anyone involved are bad people (well except for the bigoted FYAD posters, getting rid of them is the one good thing to come out of this mess), but absolutely nobody is willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, for very understandable reasons.

I hope the hits stop coming, but I don't know. With the US election this year, things are going to get more and more heated along with the campaign. I just hope we all come out of this intact.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Everyone doxxing each other is a fantastic return to helldump form

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm as glad as anyone that Trump is taking this opportunity to calm things down with Iran and not retaliate further (which could lead to all out war), but I cannot imagine the outrage and calls of cowardice a Democratic President would receive if they did the same loving thing.

Like, gently caress every single Republican and Fox News rear end in a top hat. I'm going to troll all of them now just calling Trump a little pussy rear end bitch for backing down against the terrorists of Iran. Cuz gently caress them.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

M1937/20 Denims. Now with extra crayon pockets. It's Oshkosh, b'gosh.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

1860s zouave uniforms

I would also accept those weirdo landskrect or whatever uniforms from 1600s Europe

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump actually did what he normally does and pussied out after getting called on his bullshit.

I was worried he would go full deranged and start carpet bombing Iran as soon as those missiles launched.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Wow it's like none of you listened to his powerful speech, Iran backed down, not your golden strong daddy :rolleyes:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Point of order, pretty sure it was (now former) TG mod Beer4theBeerGod who was getting sassed, which then lead to people digging into his post history, finding out he had a defense-related job, and then posting it (and his name) repeatedly which lead to multiple permas for doxxing.

Honestly you could write a whole book about the last two months on SA. Given the state of the country (and the world) everyone feels on-edge and distrustful of each other, and a lot of issues have been boiling over at a time when both Lowtax and the mod/admin staff have been unable or unwilling to adequately respond. And I don't think anyone involved are bad people (well except for the bigoted FYAD posters, getting rid of them is the one good thing to come out of this mess), but absolutely nobody is willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, for very understandable reasons.

I hope the hits stop coming, but I don't know. With the US election this year, things are going to get more and more heated along with the campaign. I just hope we all come out of this intact.

Ah that would explain a lot, he used to post really good spreadsheets for fantasy football drafts on Reddit, but his account was deleted and no one knew why.

Can't say I blame him.

Goons doxxing people for having jobs in industries they don't like or for some other dumb loving reason is one of the dumbest loving things about this site.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Effective-Disorder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDVVIO5OH0

Can't wait for more stuff about this briefing to come out.

THEN loving DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU SPINELESS REPUBLICAN gently caress

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Handsome Ralph posted:

Ah that would explain a lot, he used to post really good spreadsheets for fantasy football drafts on Reddit, but his account was deleted and no one knew why.

Can't say I blame him.

Goons doxxing people for having jobs in industries they don't like or for some other dumb loving reason is one of the dumbest loving things about this site.

They didn't actually doxx him. they called looking at someones post history doxxing and punished.

And part of the reason they went digging was the pro-fascist posts in TG

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

RFC2324 posted:

They didn't actually doxx him. they called looking at someones post history doxxing and punished.

And part of the reason they went digging was the pro-fascist posts in TG

Nah, digging through your posting enemy's history to find out where they work is creepy and doxxing. Just cause they were dumb enough to post it doesn't mean you should repost it out of context for a sick burn.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Smiling Jack posted:

weirdo landskrect or whatever uniforms from 1600s Europe

Somewhere in Germany, HEY GUNS starts sharpening his glaive-guisarme without even knowing why...

:ohdear:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1215063036626685953?s=20 :vince:

This keeps getting better and better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rand keep going buddy

keep going

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Jesus gently caress this is such a goddamn shitshow

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Somewhere in Germany, HEY GUNS starts sharpening his glaive-guisarme without even knowing why...

:ohdear:

How is there not a pike-related smilie on SA?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Brute Squad posted:

Nah, digging through your posting enemy's history to find out where they work is creepy and doxxing. Just cause they were dumb enough to post it doesn't mean you should repost it out of context for a sick burn.

I didn't participate in the hell dumps of yore, but I fully expect any one of my bad posts to be dug up and shamed. Digging is creepy, but post history really feels like it is fair game now that I am a rich old 1% man who can pay 10bux for search and 10 more bux for archives access.

Ppj demonstrated the fallicy of having to chill and vibe with your ban targets.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

madeintaipei posted:

M1937/20 Denims. Now with extra crayon pockets. It's Oshkosh, b'gosh.

Yesssssss

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i really can't get on board with the idea of post history = doxxing = permaban. probes for being obnoxious, sure. a creepy thing to do? probably. but if you don't want something brought up don't post about it in this very forum

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

madeintaipei posted:

How is there not a pike-related smilie on SA?

I can do you :orks101: but that’s about it.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

lol

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Trump hasn't made a tweet in 24 hours and it concerns me.

Hopefully he's just comatose after whatever drug cocktail they had him on today wore off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

not caring here posted:

Trump hasn't made a tweet in 24 hours and it concerns me.

Hopefully he's just comatose after whatever drug cocktail they had him on today wore off.

He seemed really out of breath.