Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

even if you dont have a smoker, a simple salt-and-sugar fridge cure of salmon is real tasty too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

eatin sardines for lunch while co-workers go out to eat like some chumps. currently resisting the urge to eat them off a paper plate over the break room sink. got to leave that for later in the hotel room :cool::hf::coolfish:

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Look Sir Droids posted:

I looked this up and I'm gonna have to get me some of those. The mussels too. But looks like they're all sold out. How much of a hit was shipping?

Pretty sure it was going to be something like $78 for a case of 12 70g cans, plus $30 flat rate for shipping. If I'd have had someone to split a bigger order with to cut shipping cost I might have done it, but total cost of $60/pound sounded crazy.

pahuyuth posted:

I made Nanaimo Bars for Christmas and they were very rich and delicious and pretty easy :D First timers are usually pretty impressed, especially here in the deep south where they are basically unknown.

I once made a bunch of those for my son's track team pot luck, I thought they were too sweet but I will make them again with less sugar. The kids inhaled them and wanted more.

Myron Baloney fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 6, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Myron Baloney posted:

I wanted to order smoked oysters from St. Jean's in Nanaimo B.C. for Christmas but with shipping it was too rich for my blood. Looks like people like them a lot though.
A store nearby me carries this brand. Never heard of them before but I'll probably pick some up and give them a shot.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Myron Baloney posted:

Pretty sure it was going to be something like $78 for a case of 12 70g cans, plus $30 flat rate for shipping. If I'd have had someone to split a bigger order with to cut shipping cost I might have done it, but total cost of $60/pound sounded crazy.

Dang, yeah I'd want to try some before making that investment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just ate a can of ko kipper snacks with sriracha. shared some non sauced pieces with the corgi. cats both refused (they're weird).

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

wtf dog you'll eat literal garbage if given half a chance! :mad:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You did it! You found the bad dog!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The dog my grandfather had when I was a kid did this to a freshly caught fish on the side of a stream. My grandfather apologized profusely but the guy was laughing so hard he didn't care.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Mashed up a tin of Tiny Tots with an Avacado, garlic, and onion tonight. Spread that on some home baked soda bread toast and chowed down.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
my local grocery has started carrying fresh smelts! help me think of delicious ways to get them little fishies into my belly

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Fry, eat

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If you got the ability, smoke 'em.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I put some sardines in my ramen the other night

Thank you and god bless

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

pahuyuth posted:

my local grocery has started carrying fresh smelts! help me think of delicious ways to get them little fishies into my belly

This. Just dredge the little bastards in some flour and spices, let them rest for 10 minutes so it sets, then drop them into hot oil for a few minutes until they get golden brown. They'll be crispy and delicious.

The mix I use is 1 cup of flour, 1 Tbs paprika, 1 tsp ground black pepper.

Sometimes I drip some malt vinegar on them, sometimes I don't.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you got the ability, smoke 'em.

This can be delicious too. Brine them first for peak flavor.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Which one of you is starting a sardine cryptocoin?

https://www.coindesk.com/is-sardinecoin-real-the-sardines-are-at-least

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

before you fry them though make sure you've smelt them to make sure they havent spoilt

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
He who smelt it delta smelt it

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I think the key to the best fried smelt is don't go overboard with breading or batter. A light coat of either is fine, but I like them best with just seasoned flour or fine cornmeal.

Thinking about buying some canned cod livers, I'll have to search the thread to see if they were discussed yet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I may have discussed canned cod livers, as I enjoy eating them.

I definitely eat them at home and immediately brush my teeth afterwards, as they're stinky as gently caress.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

how do cod livers relate to beef or chicken liver flavor wise

also "canned cod liver" sounds like a joke food. it sounds like something that'd be part of a scheme hatched by wile e coyote

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
IMO cod liver is the smoothest texture compared to beef or chicken. Also the least mineraly(?) in flavor. Because it's kind of fatty, cod liver is incredibly fishy in flavor & aroma.

drat, now I want to find some Russian cod liver…

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
well gently caress. now I have something new to try.

looking forward to eating the internal organs of fish

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You'll know you've really arrived when you get yourself one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymothoa_exigua

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Pack that little parasite in some olive oil or tapatio and This Thread would eat it

e: ARE YOU READING THIS KING OSCAR??? do the needful

isaboo fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 15, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I have no idea what snapper they are talking about as we don’t really have them on the west coast. I’ve dealt with that parasite family on Pacific rockfish, lingcod and halibut. You just flick them or leave them be. They will fall off on their own when the fish dies.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

consuming the sardines in any manner that is NOT right outta the tin is haram

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

consuming the sardines in any manner that is NOT right outta the tin is haram

What’s wrong with fresh?

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

LingcodKilla posted:

What’s wrong with fresh?

The ocean is just a large can of brined sardines

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Accidentally bought some KO peppercorn style instead of Mediterranean.

Just awful. The peppercorns were not cracked and way overpowering. Not spicy just bleh.

naem
May 29, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Accidentally bought some KO peppercorn style instead of Mediterranean.

Just awful. The peppercorns were not cracked and way overpowering. Not spicy just bleh.

they’re a bit strong, I take the peppercorns out and squirt some lime juice in

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Where do you buy cod livers and how do you eat them? KO cod livers aren't sold in the US.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Think the last time I bought cod livers were at a Russian market near my house. I'm lucky to have multiple ethnic grocery stores in my neighborhood.

If I find some cod liver next shopping run I'll let you know.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/YdgggQk.mp4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I know I need to loose some weight. No need to doxx.

I am a sardine whale. Holy flail.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MetaJew posted:

Where do you buy cod livers and how do you eat them? KO cod livers aren't sold in the US.

You gotta have a nearby Russian market that will import that stuff for you.

I've been looking at recipes that call for cod liver. So far a lot of cold salads/spreads. I think I'll end up eating them over toast.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Cod liver sounds gross plus it’s a filter organ but I’d try it if I came across it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
It's filtering plankton, not scotch and heroin.