Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
getting owned like a lib because the stupid bumblefucks running my country are too dumb to tell when theyve had the table run on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Bluegrass beard is not a bad look for Kerry

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
Qanon is such a uniquely 21st century cult

there are no official leaders and the scriptures are just a bunch of posts on a defunct internet message board notable mainly for the high number of cryptofascist mass murderers who posted their manifestos there before going on the rampage

I can't think of anything from past centuries that remotely resembles it, it's a mass psychosis brought about by terminal exposure to the cesspool of brain poisoned morons known as the internet who are collectively screaming into the digital aether in response to a socio-economic system that has left them feeling alienated and isolated

and the funny thing is, nobody is even really paying attention to it, despite the cult being involved in multiple homicides and an attempted kidnapping

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Third World Reagan posted:

Hey, trying to remember a story about some goon cave in a park that some goon would drag drunk people back to for sex and all I remember was a picture of snow and like the hole being really tiny.

Anyone else remember this?

Oh god I have vague memories of something like that. It was a lady who lived in like a nest in the woods? She would post from it somehow?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

oh hey that's what my life looks like

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gripweed posted:

Oh god I have vague memories of something like that. It was a lady who lived in like a nest in the woods? She would post from it somehow?

That is the one. Trying to find the post now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

That is the one. Trying to find the post now

please don't. I remember it as being a pretty bad time

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Aw now you got me curious

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.vulture.com/2020/01/larry-david-dog-bernie.html

larry david owns

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hey, trying to remember a story about some goon cave in a park that some goon would drag drunk people back to for sex and all I remember was a picture of snow and like the hole being really tiny.

Anyone else remember this?

i think it was some (intentional?) homeless goonnette who did tech work or something remotely and lure drunk people back, but yeah

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't find it and I think there is another thread where you can ask if anyone else remembers but yah, I am telling someone about this and they don't believe me.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Did CSPAM get blamed for anything today? I can't remember. The days of this year are flying by at an orbital escape velocity.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Literal Hamster posted:

there are no official leaders and the scriptures are just a bunch of posts on a defunct internet message board notable mainly for the high number of cryptofascist mass murderers who posted their manifestos there before going on the rampage

I can't think of anything from past centuries that remotely resembles it

Before the Council of Nicea when the church decided on which books would be in the bible, there were countless regional versions of the bible that included all kinds of apocryphal texts such as the Gospels of Judas and Thomas and Mary and Peter. People would just write new ones all the time and there were hundreds of them (though many have been destroyed), and they would make their own bibles that included things like random works by Plato or Aristotle or other cultic holy books that they had laying around. In those days if you traveled from one part of the Christian world to another and met your fellow Christians you could expect pretty almost no continuity with your own beliefs, and the only thing you had in common was that you were both weirdos living at the edge of society who had faith in a Q-like redeemer figure

my favorite one is (I think) the Gospel of Peter, which is about St. Peter and his talking dog sidekick journeying to Rome and getting into psychic battles with evil wizards who can levitate

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Jan 9, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

quote:

And while the profile teases some interesting news — like an upcoming Me Too episode of Curb

Maybe you should hold off on praising Larry Sanders until that episode airs, just to be safe

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Literal Hamster posted:

I can't think of anything from past centuries that remotely resembles it, it's a mass psychosis brought about by terminal exposure to the cesspool of brain poisoned morons known as the internet who are collectively screaming into the digital aether in response to a socio-economic system that has left them feeling alienated and isolated

and the funny thing is, nobody is even really paying attention to it, despite the cult being involved in multiple homicides and an attempted kidnapping

Jokes on us. When the camera pans out from Qanon, it's revealed that it's just a private forum inside the Something Awful forums.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RedQueen posted:

I’m the fire icon the size of LA

its me im really loving hot

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Literal Hamster posted:

This is pretty succinct. Nicely done.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

twoday posted:

Before the Council of Nicea when the church decided on which books would be in the bible, there were countless regional versions of the bible that included all kinds of apocryphal texts such as the Gospels of Judas and Thomas and Mary and Peter. People would just write new ones all the time and there were hundreds of them (though many have been destroyed), and they would make their own bibles that included things like random works by Plato or Aristotle. In those days if you traveled from one part of the Christian world to another and met your fellow Christians you could expect pretty almost no continuity with your own beliefs, and the only thing you had in common was that you were both weirdos living at the edge of society who had faith in a Q-like redeemer figure

on the bible thing, most American bibles are printed in China because our bible printer guys can't beat the Chinese rate. I don't suppose there are theological implications unfortunately

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/chrisvanhollen/status/1215107314358853632?s=21

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

the popes toes posted:

I don't suppose there are theological implications unfortunately.

Only to Catholics. Luther made sure of that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Literal Hamster posted:

remember when a qultist whacked a mob boss

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
fuckin' wild man

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

It’s a MVP (minimum viable product, for those of you who aren’t from the Valley), but I’ve been workshopping this and I think it’s the product of the next unicorn startup, the thing all the investors are looking for.

It’s called TrVmpa, I’m starting off with a valuation of 100 billion, it takes in Sudafed and wendies and shits out toilet clogging logs and crashes economies from Twitter.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ey silvio ya heard about this epstein cat? fuckin wild, gabbagool

twoday
May 4, 2005

the popes toes posted:

on the bible thing, most American bibles are printed in China because our bible printer guys can't beat the Chinese rate. I don't suppose there are theological implications unfortunately

yeah seems fine

https://twitter.com/psybrspcsuprstr/status/1209366013768171520?s=20

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

someone did this a long time ago, it didn't work out

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

nice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What are you doing in here?

You're in the wrong thread.

It's 2021.

Did you forget?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1215108703029952512

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

She's losing it :(

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lol the star yeah I don't think that actually happened

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

*crosses fingers* c'mon yellowstone

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Literal Hamster posted:

All is well!

twoday
May 4, 2005

do they still use a typewriter font out of nostalgia for cold war-era government documents? Is there a law that says all official records must be printed in monotype?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

She's losing it :(

good

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Jesus historiography has been dull lately so I'd buy a Bible With Chinese Characteristics for a dollar

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Donald Trump is gonna start tweeting about how this Volcano is trying to stop him from making us safe from brown people, isn't he?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

lol the star yeah I don't think that actually happened

this star article was quoting la figaro, I can't find the original one I read a while ago and I also doubt that it's true (but wish it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lmao
it's like a polite dril tweet